Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 843864 times)

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1025 on: August 11, 2018, 11:12:10 PM »
After watching Darren's post match interviews it's obvious to me that although he's a nice guy he isn't particularly smart, articulate or versed in anything approaching in-depth tactics.

His decisions during games have been questionable at best.

I hope that we can bolster the central midfield position with loan signings, move brunt out to the left and then Darren can grow into the job, but quickly.
Unfortunately Moore isn't suddenly going to become smart, articulate or tactically aware if he hasn't developed this in his football career by now.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1026 on: August 11, 2018, 11:19:29 PM »
Anyone watching motd...

Chelsea manager apparently said it could take 2-3 months to see his style..

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1027 on: August 11, 2018, 11:26:05 PM »
Anyone watching motd...

Chelsea manager apparently said it could take 2-3 months to see his style..

Behave. He should have them marching to the beat of his drum within a couple of training sessions...  :o ;D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1028 on: August 11, 2018, 11:39:12 PM »
Hey slate,he has all his coaching badges so I think he knows all about tactics so hes smart.
Articulate? Who says he has to be,as long as the players understand him that's good enough for me.
Smart? I bet he earns more than me and you,so he's not daft is he?
He's doing OK let him breathe fgs.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1029 on: August 12, 2018, 03:07:48 AM »
After watching Darren's post match interviews it's obvious to me that although he's a nice guy he isn't particularly smart, articulate or versed in anything approaching in-depth tactics.

I hope that we can bolster the central midfield position with loan signings, move brunt out to the left and then Darren can grow into the job, but quickly.
Amazing. Since when has watching a three minute sound bite qualify you to make sweeping assumptions about his tactical abilities?  Would you prefer DM to talk to the public like our last manager? He knew all the right buzzwords - pity he was sh**e.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1030 on: August 12, 2018, 03:38:09 AM »

Ouch! My twin brother and I are both trained mechanical engineers. My vocabulary is much better than his. (He’s dyslexic by the way) However, his problem solving at the base level is bewildering. Maybe Darren is a nuts and bolt guy. I’d prefer that to some guy who spouts off cliches during interviews. This pressure from Sky et al for pre/post match interviews is ridiculous anyway.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1031 on: August 12, 2018, 06:53:11 AM »
Darren turned around a club last year which was in an utter mess. He did this through being himself - a humble and an inspirational leader who created a sense of 'us' amongst a bunch of scared and selfish individuals. He didn't do it by being a statto, tactical genius. He's admitted he's learning the coaching side as he goes so I think we should get off his back. Graeme Jones' experience along with the rest of the coaching team behind him will help Darren immensely. He doesn't seem to operate alone but as a team of coaches which will help him/ us as the season progresses. He's different t oeveryone else out there because he is Albion and he is not jumping from club to club every couple of years.

If Darren can get a sense of belonging and team work amongst the squad whilst picking up results we might see him start to build something. Performances follow results and with the attacking players we have in this division we'll scare most teams on the break.

I always said I'd enjoy the ride with Darren and I am already, it won't be dull and I again feel a connection to the club which was waning a bit to be honest over the past few years.

Great result yesterday in spite of lots and lots of work needed particularly on organisation and shape - an area which takes time.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1032 on: August 12, 2018, 07:54:05 AM »

Being articulate comes with practice and experience of handling the media - anyone remember David Beckhams first interviews? Darren Moore speaks from the heart and that's more honest than many more eperienced 'smart' head coaches.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1033 on: August 12, 2018, 09:11:47 AM »
I'm not worried about him coming across articulate, I'm worried that he is in a situation where we will need to score loads of goals to get results.
Scored 4 yesterday and we never had control of the game.
Keystone Kop defending, attacking midfielder and a couple of defenders.

I'd be inclined to say arrivederci to Gibbs and drop Brunty back there.
Bin Nyom and for goodness sake lets have some pace and guile in midfield.
If we can get Dawson back and focused that will be a plus
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1034 on: August 12, 2018, 09:13:18 AM »
Can't help but think those questioning Moore's intelligence might have a few issues 'upstairs' themselves.  ;)
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1035 on: August 12, 2018, 09:20:16 AM »

Pretty offensive comment really.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1036 on: August 12, 2018, 09:26:03 AM »
Pretty offensive comment really.

It's an opinion.

I do not think Darren comes across as particularly bright either. That's not to say he isn't it's maybe just his manner.

You get some managers / head coaches that sound like a genius when they talk but their actual ability to succeed in their role doesn't match how they come across. Maybe Big Dave is the opposite?

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1037 on: August 12, 2018, 09:27:19 AM »
I'm not worried about him coming across articulate, I'm worried that he is in a situation where we will need to score loads of goals to get results.
Scored 4 yesterday and we never had control of the game.
Keystone Kop defending, attacking midfielder and a couple of defenders.

I'd be inclined to say arrivederci to Gibbs and drop Brunty back there.
Bin Nyom and for goodness sake lets have some pace and guile in midfield.
If we can get Dawson back and focused that will be a plus

I’d agree with that, have Brunt back where he should be playing (i.e somewhere on the left hand side), and sort the midfield and right back position out properly which is what should have been done a month ago.

Gibbs looks completely disinterested.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1038 on: August 12, 2018, 09:34:33 AM »
People are being harsh on Gibbs. He got down the line yesterday a fair bit, he also dug in and won the ball back a few times.  Compare that to the other side with Nyom and now that is a disinterested performance.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1039 on: August 12, 2018, 10:37:49 AM »
People are being harsh on Gibbs. He got down the line yesterday a fair bit, he also dug in and won the ball back a few times.  Compare that to the other side with Nyom and now that is a disinterested performance.
I don’t get the hatred towards gibbs, he’s a modern full back, not the best defensively but gets up the pitch well, exactly as he did last season, difference is this year he’s got Barnes in front of him who offers no defensive cover which leave Gibbs exposed quite often.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1040 on: August 12, 2018, 10:58:30 AM »
I don’t get the hatred towards gibbs, he’s a modern full back, not the best defensively but gets up the pitch well, exactly as he did last season, difference is this year he’s got Barnes in front of him who offers no defensive cover which leave Gibbs exposed quite often.

Gibbs was that awful that he was subbed at half time and yet you think he did alright and are blaming Barnes, hilarious! How often does a full back get subbed at half time? He’s a useless spectator and I can’t see him getting back in the team any time soon.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1041 on: August 12, 2018, 11:04:46 AM »
I do understand what Slate is trying to say, even if it sounds a bit too harsh.

If you listen to the majority of top managers, you get a feel that they are football thinkers, who can explain their views on the game in a clear and sometimes original way. The same for top pundits who are articulate in discussing what they think went well and what didn't.

It isn't one of Moore's stronger points. His interviews generally stick to very safe lines, we stick together, we did some things well, we showed fight, sometimes while stumbling over his words.

It could be a sign of someone nervous in front of the camera, and maybe he is a deep thinker about the game but he hasn't yet been able to reflect that in his interviews, but that is all we have to go on. It does give me more confidence in a manager when they are articulate as I can more readily understand their ideas about the game. Hopefully Moore gets better at it.
Boing Boing

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1042 on: August 12, 2018, 11:08:08 AM »
I do understand what Slate is trying to say, even if it sounds a bit too harsh.

If you listen to the majority of top managers, you get a feel that they are football thinkers, who can explain their views on the game in a clear and sometimes original way. The same for top pundits who are articulate in discussing what they think went well and what didn't.

It isn't one of Moore's stronger points. His interviews generally stick to very safe lines, we stick together, we did some things well, we showed fight, sometimes while stumbling over his words.

It could be a sign of someone nervous in front of the camera, and maybe he is a deep thinker about the game but he hasn't yet been able to reflect that in his interviews, but that is all we have to go on. It does give me more confidence in a manager when they are articulate as I can more readily understand their ideas about the game. Hopefully Moore gets better at it.

I don’t think the criticism was harsh. Moore does come across as a bit simple with a very limited vocabulary. Speaks in a child like sentences. However I’d like to think he is more intelligent than he is able to project. He obviously has other strengths. I always thought Pardrew spoke very well and yet he was tactically clueless so there is no direct link between talking a good game and making good decisions.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1043 on: August 12, 2018, 11:09:33 AM »
Gibbs was that awful that he was subbed at half time and yet you think he did alright and are blaming Barnes, hilarious! How often does a full back get subbed at half time? He’s a useless spectator and I can’t see him getting back in the team any time soon.
you didn’t read my post properly at all, hilarious! , where did I mention anything at all about Gibbs performance yesterday? Simply stated that his performances are no different to last season and he offers more going forward. As a modern full back he isn’t the best defensively so needs protection from whoever is in front of him, Barnes doesn’t offer anything defensively so whoever plays behind him needs to be a good defender because they will be left exposed, Gibbs isn’t disinterested he’s just more exposed than last season. That’s not blaming Barnes he’s an attacking player, it’s a consequence of playing brunt in the centre not on the left where he does offer more protection to the full back.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1044 on: August 12, 2018, 11:47:53 AM »
Also he was taken off because of an injury.
Perhaps Dave talks in so called child Luke sentences( which is very disparaging ) so some on here can understand him.

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1045 on: August 12, 2018, 11:52:01 AM »
Nothing quite like a controversial Sunday morning!

I realise that my comments were rather blunt and I apologise if anybody was offended by them.

Baggies makes a good point of press conference manager comments versus in-game decision making actions. Clearly Pardew was a master at the former and not the latter.

However, I'm not seeing much of either by Darren at the moment to give me the confidence that, to paraphrase Jacko2000, that we will comfortably win the league.

It's early days though and I hope that he can grow into the role quickly and be successful.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1046 on: August 12, 2018, 12:19:11 PM »
Congrats to big Dave on his first win as first team coach, like everyone on this forum I hope he does well. ;D

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1047 on: August 12, 2018, 12:37:41 PM »
Also he was taken off because of an injury.
Perhaps Dave talks in so called child Luke sentences( which is very disparaging ) so some on here can understand him.

He is an ex footballer who is the man manager of other footballers big words and complex sentences are not needed!

He will know as well as anyone that the way to keep his critics quite is by results. It's a shame that the good will for one of our own has not been extended to DM by some quarters.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1048 on: August 12, 2018, 12:48:20 PM »
I don’t think the criticism was harsh. Moore does come across as a bit simple with a very limited vocabulary. Speaks in a child like sentences. However I’d like to think he is more intelligent than he is able to project. He obviously has other strengths. I always thought Pardrew spoke very well and yet he was tactically clueless so there is no direct link between talking a good game and making good decisions.

He comes across a bit simple? Childlike sentences?

Frankly I'm more interested in the work he does than analysing the wordcount and the number of letters in the words he uses.

Seeing as some of you are all so superficial maybe we should send him to elocution lessons and ask him to wear reading glasses and develop a studious pose - would you be happier with that?

Some of the comments on here defy belief. 

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1049 on: August 12, 2018, 01:10:24 PM »
He comes across a bit simple? Childlike sentences?

Frankly I'm more interested in the work he does than analysing the wordcount and the number of letters in the words he uses.

Seeing as some of you are all so superficial maybe we should send him to elocution lessons and ask him to wear reading glasses and develop a studious pose - would you be happier with that?

Some of the comments on here defy belief.

Your making the same point as me, yes he does come across as a bit simple but that’s not correlated to his performance or decision making.