Author Topic: 5 Jul 2020 Albion 4 Hull City 2  (Read 45052 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

5 Jul 2020 Albion 4 Hull City 2
« on: June 26, 2020, 10:01:08 PM »
West Bromwich Albion v Hull City

Sunday 5th July 2020 15.00pm

Please use this board for all your After Match Debate. Away fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

In Game Chat
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 10:02:10 PM »

Please use this board for all your In Game Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules

Please keep this board Albion related, there are boards elsewhere in General Sports to discuss other games

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Pre Match Chat
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 10:02:42 PM »

Please use this board for all your Pre Match Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules

throstle

• Youth Baggie

Commentary
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 08:31:24 AM »

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 03:27:23 PM »

Hull did well against Blues and this match could be tougher than we think.
Usually in the past, Baggies have struggled against poor teams and performed better against the better ones.
That said, the way its gone after lockdown, it seems are that is out of the window.
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 10:59:10 PM »
Hull did well against Blues and this match could be tougher than we think.
Usually in the past, Baggies have struggled against poor teams and performed better against the better ones.
That said, the way its gone after lockdown, it seems are that is out of the window.

Typically I'd agree but they're also in the bottom 3 and are desperate for a win. The way other teams are playing down there, a point isn't so good and their form is awful compared to some of the others. With that in mind I think they will be more open than usual, hopefully Grosiki can provide us with how they set up.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 10:49:50 AM »
We need to treat this game as a must win like last night.
Foot on the pedal from now until the jobs done.
Every game we win is one less that Brentford or Fulham can come back at us
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Match Officials
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 12:06:24 PM »
Referee: Oliver Langford
Assistant Referee: Jonathan Hunt
Assistant Referee: Philip Dermott
Fourth Official: John Brooks

I'm sure he's the ref from the midlands that always seems to ref our games as if he's proving that he's not biased by giving the opposition everything. Having said that he did give us the penalty at Preston.

Reffed us twice this season 1-0 away wins at Boro and Preston.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 12:14:08 PM »
We need to treat this game as a must win like last night.
Foot on the pedal from now until the jobs done.
Every game we win is one less that Brentford or Fulham can come back at us

Agreed treat every game as a must win. It's in our own hands, we need to keep the points gap over Brentford and Fulham.

Hull looked okay at Blues but did throw away a 2-0 lead and then a 3-2 lead. They looked awful against Charlton and are having to put out quite an inexperienced side due to a number of players not signing contract extensions.

I'd be tempted to bring in Livermore for Harper and start Grosicki instead of Diangana.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Team
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 12:18:03 PM »

Johnstone

O'Shea                 Ajayi                              Hegazi                  Gibbs

Livermore                      Sawyers                 Krovinovic

Periera                                      Austin                       Grosicki

subs: Bond, Bartley, Townsend, Diangana, Robinson, Harper, HRK, Zohore, Phillips.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 12:23:56 PM »
If ever there was a time to keep the same team it's in this game.

Smh.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 12:27:34 PM »
Ajayi for Bartley would be the only change I would be considering right now, perhaps Grosicki in a forward position based on the impact he had and the qualities he posseses.

Livermore and HRK. No thank you.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 12:41:04 PM »
Hull also play tonight in a massive game against Boro. If Boro beat them, I can't see anything other than a convincing win for us. If they win though, they may be buoyed and could be dangerous.

Only change I would consider is Grosicki for Diangana.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2020, 12:59:39 PM »
If ever there was a time to keep the same team it's in this game.

Smh.

If you mean the team that finished the game or at least the team on the pitch for the 3rd goal I'd agree.

If you mean the team that laboured in the first half, was slow and ponderous with sideways and backwards passing , no thanks.

We need to start against Hull how we finished at Wednesday.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2020, 01:11:27 PM »
If you mean the team that finished the game or at least the team on the pitch for the 3rd goal I'd agree.

If you mean the team that laboured in the first half, was slow and ponderous with sideways and backwards passing , no thanks.

We need to start against Hull how we finished at Wednesday.

No we don't. If we started Sunday with the team as it was after 55 minutes it would just about be acceptable. If we start Sunday with the team as it was after 69 minutes it would be very poor treatment of Austin and Krovinović. If we start on Sunday with the team that finished the game it would be an utter disgrace on Bilić's part.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2020, 01:25:21 PM »
No we don't. If we started Sunday with the team as it was after 55 minutes it would just about be acceptable. If we start Sunday with the team as it was after 69 minutes it would be very poor treatment of Austin and Krovinović. If we start on Sunday with the team that finished the game it would be an utter disgrace on Bilić's part.

After 55 mins we started to play and scored a goal with our creative play, something that was missing for most of the preceding minutes certainly the first 48 mins.
After 69 minutes we created more and more chances as Grosicki made a very positive impact resulting in another goal.

Apart from his penalty, which was very good and under pressure, and a neat pass to Harper in the first half I'm struggling to remember anything Austin did.
 Krovinovic had a first half to forget, sideways and backwards passing not looking for the ball forward and he often lost possession.
I'd rather we started with the side that was playing the more positive football.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2020, 01:31:37 PM »

After 55 mins we started to play and scored a goal with our creative play, something that was missing for most of the preceding minutes certainly the first 48 mins.
After 69 minutes we created more and more chances as Grosicki made a very positive impact resulting in another goal.

Apart from his penalty, which was very good and under pressure, and a neat pass to Harper in the first half I'm struggling to remember anything Austin did.
 Krovinovic had a first half to forget, sideways and backwards passing not looking for the ball forward and he often lost possession.
I'd rather we started with the side that was playing the more positive football.

You have to earn the right to play. The starting XI did that. It all goes out the window if he makes the changes you suggest. All the good feeling, all the positivity and crucially all the momentum. Gone. Just like that.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2020, 01:44:18 PM »
You have to earn the right to play. The starting XI did that. It all goes out the window if he makes the changes you suggest. All the good feeling, all the positivity and crucially all the momentum. Gone. Just like that.

That's your opinion I don't agree. I think the momentum/positivity gained from the win by the players that had the most to do with it (after 55mins) is the most important thing. They should be the ones to start.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2020, 01:49:54 PM »
That's your opinion I don't agree. I think the momentum/positivity gained from the win by the players that had the most to do with it (after 55mins) is the most important thing. They should be the ones to start.

Except that isn't what you've said. Far from the switch Robinson in, Diangana out. (What you now seem to be saying). You've dropped Bartley, Harper and Diangana. For 3 players who weren't involved between 55 and 68 minutes.

Livermore and Ajayi had nothing to do with it. Austin had more to do with it than Kanu. Grosicki and Krov a toss up.

Cheers for clarifying.  ???
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 01:51:46 PM by TheJacko2000 »

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2020, 01:52:42 PM »
Except that isn't what you've said. Far from the switch Robinson in, Diangana out. (What you now seem to be saying). You've dropped Bartley, Harper and Diangana. For 3 players who weren't involved between 55 and 68 minutes.

Cheers for clarifying.  ???

The point remains the same to start with the players that were so clueless in the first half is asking for trouble in my opinion.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2020, 02:03:14 PM »
The point remains the same to start with the players that were so clueless in the first half is asking for trouble in my opinion.

I going to leave it fella before I knock this open goal into a ban  :D. Cheers for the debate though, amazing how differently people see the same game/players etc.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2020, 02:04:50 PM »
I going to leave it fella before I knock this open goal into a ban  :D. Cheers for the debate though, amazing how differently people see the same game/players etc.

Fair enough Jacko, it's all about opinions.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Team
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2020, 03:39:59 PM »
Only change for me is Grosicki in for Diangana .

a) because Diangana may have a pull
b) Grosicki is ours and Diangana is not
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

WBA.R.K

• Junior Baggie

Re: Team
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2020, 04:02:32 PM »

Johnstone

O'Shea                 Ajayi                              Hegazi                  Gibbs

Livermore                      Sawyers                 Krovinovic

Periera                                      Austin                       Grosicki

subs: Bond, Bartley, Townsend, Diangana, Robinson, Harper, HRK, Zohore, Phillips.

I would say the same except for Edwards on the bench ahead of Phillips as i feel he offers more when coming on

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2020, 06:09:34 PM »
It's half-time at their game vs Boro and 2 of their players have gone off injured. One is apparently a precaution but the other is a muscle injury from their goalscorer Kane so he will miss our game. Could be a real advantage - just need them to get a few red cards now!