Author Topic: Albion Football Memorabilia  (Read 5389 times)

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

Albion Football Memorabilia
« on: April 24, 2017, 09:16:59 AM »
So this weekend I received a package from my mum which contained quite a few bits of historic Albion memorabilia my Dad and his Dad had collected during their lives.

In it were the 1931 and 1968 Sports Argus papers detailing our Cup Win, along with a few other Argus papers from those days, loads of pristine condition programmes including the 1954 FA Cup Final Programme

1993 Sports Argus from the PO Final (I had not kept mine as a 15yr old)

Programmes from the 50's/60's and 70's, a few away ones from Albion too

Signed pictures (team and individual ones) from the 40's/50's/60's and 70's

Original pictures of players from the 30's and 40's (not in great condition though but Jack Vernon and Ronnie Allen amongst them)

Signed menu's from a gala night at Albion in 1993 with Ronnie Allen, Ossie Ardiles and a few players having signed it

I remember them as a child and had forgotten about them until I received them, I wept like a baby when I got them as they bring back a lot of memories of my Dad but because even as a kid I was fascinated by them and its still true to this day and im so happy to have received them, feel like ive won the lottery.

Ill post some pics up once ive photographed them as I intend on framing some of the items to keep them in good condition.

But it begs the question?

What memorabilia do you have in your possession related to Albion that you hold dear to your heart?

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

Re: Albion Football Memorabilia
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 09:29:19 AM »
I have the 1931 FA Cup team on handkerchiefs. I have two versions; the plain white one and the more elaborate one with blue trim around the edge. Both are framed and hang proudly in my dining room.

I also have the Birmingham City one as well from the same game, but that is in my loft!!!

I have these as my great grandmother had a drapers shop in Balsall Heath in the 30's through to the 70's.......
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 04:34:50 PM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

Ukar1

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 11:06:19 AM »
I have a bottle of centenary lemonade( empty).
Produced for the celebration of our 100 years.
Just kept it as it's quirky.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 11:38:41 PM »
So this weekend I received a package from my mum which contained quite a few bits of historic Albion memorabilia my Dad and his Dad had collected during their lives.

In it were the 1931 and 1968 Sports Argus papers detailing our Cup Win, along with a few other Argus papers from those days, loads of pristine condition programmes including the 1954 FA Cup Final Programme

Original pictures of players from the 30's and 40's (not in great condition though but Jack Vernon and Ronnie Allen amongst them)

Signed menu's from a gala night at Albion in 1993 with Ronnie Allen, Ossie Ardiles and a few players having signed it

I remember them as a child and had forgotten about them until I received them, I wept like a baby when I got them as they bring back a lot of memories of my Dad but because even as a kid I was fascinated by them and its still true to this day and im so happy to have received them, feel like ive won the lottery.

Ill post some pics up once ive photographed them as I intend on framing some of the items to keep them in good condition.

What memorabilia do you have in your possession related to Albion that you hold dear to your heart?
See the election thread I used to have  a Albion football memorabilia shop in West Bromwich someone mentioned it on that thread, I have a load of Albion memorabilia dating back to the 20s ie programmes, badges match box holder photos autographs match worn signed shirts signed match ball newspapers etc.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 02:46:35 AM »
Does my memory deceive me or was there a program/memorabilia shop high up above the old Smethwick end early 60's ish?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

BRIAN

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 07:47:31 AM »
I have a "BLUE ARGUS" that was printed for the 1931 Cup Final.

Downunder Stripes

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 08:13:15 AM »

I do a fair bit of photo restoration work, if you want me to try and fix the damaged ones I would be more than happy to help a fellow baggie. If you can try and scan them at a high resolution , 300-600 dpi. Let me know

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 02:52:15 PM »
Commemorative FA Cup winner and promotion double badge from 1931.

http://i65.tinypic.com/wspcpf.jpg[/img]]

A mint copy version of this badge was sold for £110 at Sotheby's in 2015.

http://footballcollectorsitems.com/badges/-pins/west-bromwich-albion-pin-badge-commemorating-the-1931-fa-cup-final.html

My badge is not in mint condition.
Interestingly enough though I was offered £250 from a private collector a couple of years ago.
A hand me down which is not for sale and will go to my son in years to come.

Also a 1935 FA Cup Finalist badge from 1935 ( George V Jubilee Year) which we lost 4-2 v Sheffield Wednesday.
This will also go to my son.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2jey3xh.jpg[/img]]
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 03:25:47 PM »
Commemorative FA Cup winner and promotion double badge from 1931.

http://i65.tinypic.com/wspcpf.jpg[/img]]

A mint copy version of this badge was sold for £110 at Sotheby's in 2015.

http://footballcollectorsitems.com/badges/-pins/west-bromwich-albion-pin-badge-commemorating-the-1931-fa-cup-final.html

My badge is not in mint condition.
Interestingly enough though I was offered £250 from a private collector a couple of years ago.
A hand me down which is not for sale and will go to my son in years to come.

Also a 1935 FA Cup Finalist badge from 1935 ( George V Jubilee Year) which we lost 4-2 v Sheffield Wednesday.
This will also go to my son.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2jey3xh.jpg[/img]]
I also have those badges one of the 1931 badge sold on eBay a couple of years ago for£850.00! I also have the Ashtray from1954 when we won the cup and I have both the centenary plates as well.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2017, 09:55:17 AM »
Wow some amazing stuff!!

My Dad was friends with an old Albion club legend 'Popeye' Martin his son and family live in Redditch and used to drink with my Dad

When Popeye died my dad went down to his house and was allowed take some of the memorabilia that he had collected over the years.

My brother has the 1975/6 team photo that used to hang in the boardroom in his house in Oz.

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2017, 03:18:15 PM »
heres a few of the items i received

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2017, 03:18:44 PM »

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2017, 03:19:36 PM »

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2017, 03:20:00 PM »

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2017, 03:20:52 PM »
original signed pic by Graham Williams of the 68 team

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2017, 03:24:56 PM »

And one that my dad had in his collection as a young boy

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2017, 04:09:18 PM »
I am very much impressed.

Tony Goddens Gloves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2017, 10:09:03 PM »
I have the 1954 FA Cup final programme fully signed by both teams, a ticket stub and the song sheet!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2017, 10:33:56 PM »
I have the 1954 FA Cup final programme fully signed by both teams, a ticket stub and the song sheet!

Would you be able to post a picture of the song sheet? I'd love to see it