Author Topic: Play offs  (Read 97219 times)

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Play offs
« Reply #325 on: April 30, 2019, 06:24:18 PM »
Kirk have you ever missed out on any other tickets for important games?

Depends on what you class as important games, I will miss the away play off game which is only fair and right. Missing a home game due to the club trying to get fans to renew early. Once I gave up my season ticket it wasn’t the end of world nor will it be by watching lower league/non league as the membership scheme is now dead and why bother when the club treats you so shabby
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #326 on: April 30, 2019, 06:27:36 PM »
Ive heard villas first game will be the 12:30 kick off.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #327 on: April 30, 2019, 06:29:39 PM »
Still got a feeling we'll nick third and play Derby.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #328 on: April 30, 2019, 07:01:40 PM »
Still got a feeling we'll nick third and play Derby.
Really can't see Leeds losing to Ipswich not if they play like they did against the Vile.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #329 on: April 30, 2019, 07:04:30 PM »
Really can't see Leeds losing to Ipswich not if they play like they did against the Vile.

I think they'll fancy Villa again and make 11 changes, just a hunch, probably wide of the mark!!

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #330 on: April 30, 2019, 07:22:18 PM »
Not sure we need talk of "fans" in those speech marks. People attend when they can and when they like. I don't see the importance of how many games fans attend.

Does a fan attending all 46 games mean they're a better fan than someone who attends one game? No, because you don't know the reason. Some people have work, some can't afford it, some have illnesses... You being able to attend more matches means you're in the fortunate position of having more money and time.

With regards ticket sales, the club have deemed this route the best way to avoid fake tickets or tickets being sold on, as is the case with many concert tickets. Is it ideal? Well that depends on how far down the priority you are. I've made about 10 games this season with work and finances playing their part. That's life.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #331 on: April 30, 2019, 08:01:21 PM »

With regards ticket sales, the club have deemed this route the best way to avoid fake tickets or tickets being sold on, as is the case with many concert tickets. Is it ideal? Well that depends on how far down the priority you are. I've made about 10 games this season with work and finances playing their part. That's life.

The club will know, from this season's sales, the proportion of STH's who buy additional tickets.
I suspect they have taken that into account when devising the sales plan. While, in theory, it's possible that there won't be any tickets for members, I doubt that any member who has a track record of attending games will be disappointed.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #332 on: April 30, 2019, 08:17:24 PM »
Anyone that wants a ticket will get a ticket 100%

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #333 on: April 30, 2019, 09:51:00 PM »
The club will know, from this season's sales, the proportion of STH's who buy additional tickets.
I suspect they have taken that into account when devising the sales plan. While, in theory, it's possible that there won't be any tickets for members, I doubt that any member who has a track record of attending games will be disappointed.

According to the club their are only 50 members who have attended 2 home games or more .... we must all be on social media or the clubs database has massively got things wrong
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #334 on: April 30, 2019, 09:57:08 PM »
According to the club their are only 50 members who have attended 2 home games or more .... we must all be on social media or the clubs database has massively got things wrong

thought i recognised you !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #335 on: April 30, 2019, 09:57:44 PM »

I'm one of the 50. Suspect they've got this wrong.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #336 on: April 30, 2019, 10:25:47 PM »

I'm one of the 50. Suspect they've got this wrong.

That is what they told me and that is why they have planned ticket sales like this

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #337 on: April 30, 2019, 10:37:43 PM »
That is what they told me and that is why they have planned ticket sales like this

I would also like to back you up on an earlier point, while it's only anecdotal evidence, I know a lot of HST holders (bearing in mind I'm not local) who will be buying a 2nd ticket.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #338 on: April 30, 2019, 10:46:43 PM »
Here is one ST holder who will not be buying a ticket for anyone else. My son and daughter are both ST holders also and have said the same. Your ST entitles you to ONE seat and should not give you any other preference. It was this kind of rubbish which almost denied me the Cup Final ticket I was entitled to in 1968.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

BlackCountryVilla

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #339 on: April 30, 2019, 11:13:50 PM »
Ive heard villas first game will be the 12:30 kick off.
For the last 10+ seasons Match A 3rd v 6th has been the first kick off, apart from when the police made Norwich and Ipswich kick off at 12 on the Sunday. We will be the 5:30 on the Saturday and then the Wednesday night.

I can't see the police intervening with our kick off time if we play you. We played on a Friday night this season and there will only be 2000 away fans at each game so far easier to police than when you had 6k at the cup game in 2015.
Did you know we won the European Cup?

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #340 on: May 01, 2019, 07:17:22 AM »

I would also like to back you up on an earlier point, while it's only anecdotal evidence, I know a lot of HST holders (bearing in mind I'm not local) who will be buying a 2nd ticket.

WBA must be reading my social media posts... they have just emailed me to correct themselves there data informs them that 50 members on average buy a ticket when they qualify to buy one.

You couldn’t make it up we must have total idiots running the club from top to bottom

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #341 on: May 01, 2019, 07:52:09 AM »
WBA must be reading my social media posts... they have just emailed me to correct themselves there data informs them that 50 members on average buy a ticket when they qualify to buy one.

You couldn’t make it up we must have total idiots running the club from top to bottom

Idiots or not, if only 50 members on average buy a ticket when they qualify to buy one, I'd say the sales plan for the play-offs was about right, & members who have attended two or more games will get a ticket.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #342 on: May 01, 2019, 08:41:22 AM »
Idiots or not, if only 50 members on average buy a ticket when they qualify to buy one, I'd say the sales plan for the play-offs was about right, & members who have attended two or more games will get a ticket.

Are you serious saying playing Rotherham etc is the same as a final or play off semi final?
They have already told me to put a complaint into the club (but what is the point) the people on the ground know people will not get tickets

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #343 on: May 01, 2019, 09:41:07 AM »
Are you serious saying playing Rotherham etc is the same as a final or play off semi final?
They have already told me to put a complaint into the club (but what is the point) the people on the ground know people will not get tickets

Kirk there are many season ticket holders who will not be buying a extra ticket, me being one.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #344 on: May 01, 2019, 10:26:39 AM »
I would be absolutely astonished if the club have an up to date Single Customer View of our supporters. Without giving too much away, a colleague of mine approached the club to do some work and was told there wasn't the finances due to being relegated

On a personal note, I often get duplicate emails from the club, so clearly they don't have a great grasp of their customer database.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #345 on: May 01, 2019, 11:11:02 AM »
I think people are overestimating the number of season tickets holders who will buy a 2nd ticket. When I had my ST I went with other ST holders. There may be a few members who ask a ST holder to sort out a ticket for them out of fear of missing out. But all they are doing is reducing the competition for the members allocation as well as number of tickets.

From a business point of view if they are new fans been bought to an excellent game with a ST holder we may flog a few more tickets or season tickets next year. Probably not a popular opinion but it might help recruit some new fans.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 11:13:37 AM by BoingFlyer »
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #346 on: May 01, 2019, 11:34:25 AM »

Your argument is members will not get tickets.

The club have said, on average 50 members take tickets for home games, by analysing ticket sales, they will probably know if it's the same 50 members. Even if it's 50 different members that's still only around 650 who could have attended 2 home games, seriously don't see a problem.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #347 on: May 01, 2019, 11:42:53 AM »
I would be absolutely astonished if the club have an up to date Single Customer View of our supporters. Without giving too much away, a colleague of mine approached the club to do some work and was told there wasn't the finances due to being relegated

On a personal note, I often get duplicate emails from the club, so clearly they don't have a great grasp of their customer database.

I know you've said before, that the club has been approached about analysis, but it's not difficult to do a one-off interrogation of tickets sales.
Otherwise, how do they know that on average 50 members buy match tickets?

Isn't the ticketing mechanism done by a third party? I would imagine analysis is part of the package.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #348 on: May 01, 2019, 12:47:14 PM »
I know you've said before, that the club has been approached about analysis, but it's not difficult to do a one-off interrogation of tickets sales.
Otherwise, how do they know that on average 50 members buy match tickets?

Isn't the ticketing mechanism done by a third party? I would imagine analysis is part of the package.

Unless they are using some extremely old software id say it was a very simple report that they could print off from the system
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #349 on: May 01, 2019, 01:59:11 PM »
Unless they are using some extremely old software id say it was a very simple report that they could print off from the system

I'd say so, most sales packages these days come with some form of analysis.