Author Topic: James Morrison  (Read 447511 times)

maximus

• Youth Baggie

Re: James Morrison
« Reply #975 on: March 09, 2014, 12:14:38 AM »
The most stale player at the club, One of the longest serving yet when the club needs players like that to rally others he puts further digs in with his comments, There's a reason no other clubs come in for him other than Bolton years ago.

We was alright earlier in the season without him or Brunt in the team.

But then 2 out of the 4 wins came against 10 men, or 9 men in sunderland so even those wins look tainted.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #976 on: March 09, 2014, 12:15:23 AM »
I've said or thought for a long time that he should have been got rid of. I just don't understand why he ever gets any time on the pitch this season because for the most part he has been useless or ineffective. To hear his comments during the week and then to read of such an insipid performance against Man. U is galling.

It seems quite clear that the players in general are not making the effort and/or accepting the type of play PM wants which is disgraceful. The manager ultimately always pays the penalty but I would love to see some of the players, who are paid a fortune, being disciplined / punished / sacked like in any other profession if they don’t perform. On that subject which players do you think are the main culprits this season?

Morrison, Mulumbu, Olsson, Ridgewell have been poor to dreadful for over a year.  That doesn't stop them from being the biggest talkers at the club though.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #977 on: March 09, 2014, 12:36:09 AM »
Morrison seems another of our growing list of players that like to mouth out yet show so little on a match day - when was the last time the waster had a good game ?  Looked his usual lightweight nothing again today.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #978 on: March 09, 2014, 08:38:30 AM »
Morrison, Mulumbu, Olsson, Ridgewell have been poor to dreadful for over a year.  That doesn't stop them from being the biggest talkers at the club though.
mulumbu? for all his shortfalls never gives less than 100% effort and commitment. I think if we go down him and brunt will be the two players who attract most interest.

joeymayo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #979 on: September 08, 2014, 12:14:56 PM »
On the internationals front it was good to see Morrison get 90 minutes under his belt, the sooner he returns to the match day eleven the better.

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #980 on: September 08, 2014, 12:18:17 PM »
On the internationals front it was good to see Morrison get 90 minutes under his belt, the sooner he returns to the match day eleven the better.

Why?
He hasn't had a good game for 2 years

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #981 on: September 08, 2014, 03:04:24 PM »

Totally agree. Excellent player. Adds crispness to our passing and movement. Also has a lot of experience which is vital.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #982 on: September 08, 2014, 07:11:04 PM »
Consistency is his problem. The last time he had a real run of consistent form was just before he got his last contract. For the last couple of years his form has been distinctly patchy.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #983 on: September 28, 2014, 08:51:27 PM »
Getting closer to seeing the James Morrison of old.

Good with the ball, getting stuck in and seems to have regained that purposeful running with the ball.

About time we saw him getting closer to the high standards he has set himself previously.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #984 on: September 28, 2014, 08:58:14 PM »
Getting closer to seeing the James Morrison of old.

Good with the ball, getting stuck in and seems to have regained that purposeful running with the ball.

About time we saw him getting closer to the high standards he has set himself previously.

I'm not a huge fan if his and fir a long time I have struggled to see what he brings to the team, but today, different class. A really very good game.

Well done James.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #985 on: September 28, 2014, 09:22:43 PM »
Well, it's all about opinions, but for me he was the weakest of our midfield today. Did ok but nothing more, and personally I would replace him in the next match

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #986 on: September 28, 2014, 09:50:26 PM »
Although it was a comfortable ride today, it's a bonus if Morrison and Gardner can play well in the centre. Helps with the passing and general movement of the team.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #987 on: November 09, 2014, 10:11:35 PM »
Please tell me again what this player offers to the team to be in the first 11 week in/week out?

enzo maresca

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #988 on: November 09, 2014, 10:13:27 PM »
Feck all and thats being kind to him
Zigga Zagga

John Rest

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #989 on: November 09, 2014, 10:15:32 PM »
Thought he put in some decent crunching tackles today.

Don't get me wrong, he was poor, but him and Lescott are the only two players I can find anything positive to say about today.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #990 on: November 09, 2014, 10:15:58 PM »
Please tell me again what this player offers to the team to be in the first 11 week in/week out?
he demonstrates how to bottle challenges??
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Costakiblue

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #991 on: November 10, 2014, 11:21:52 AM »
Thought he put in some decent crunching tackles today.

Now there's a word (crunching) I never thought I'd see applied to Morrison.
He put in one decent tackle and hurt his back, then thought better of it. He wasn't the only culprit though. Gardner aside, is there anyone in our midfield who can put in a decent challenge.
The number of free kicks we give away week after week due to poor tackling technique is a joke! Brunt, Dorrans and to a lesser extent Mulumbu are all culpable here too.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #992 on: November 10, 2014, 11:30:21 AM »
Now there's a word (crunching) I never thought I'd see applied to Morrison.
He put in one decent tackle and hurt his back, then thought better of it. He wasn't the only culprit though. Gardner aside, is there anyone in our midfield who can put in a decent challenge.
The number of free kicks we give away week after week due to poor tackling technique is a joke! Brunt, Dorrans and to a lesser extent Mulumbu are all culpable here too.

They're all from the Mowbray era of soft feet. Like you've said, Gardner aside we have nobody in the middle who can tackle
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

Baggie Boy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #993 on: November 10, 2014, 11:34:06 AM »
Morrison has been very poor recently and I don't see how he continually warrants a place at the moment, the amount of times he lost the ball yesterday was ridiculous, his passing is dodgy and he is a lightweight. I think a Gardner/Mulumbu partnership is by far the better pairing with Sess in front of them.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #994 on: November 10, 2014, 11:40:25 AM »
He was poor yesterday but when he has played this season he has been by and large very good. He has also seemingly created a good understand with Craig Gardner in protecting the back four. I'm not going to go jumping on his back after one poor performance this season.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #995 on: November 10, 2014, 11:44:44 AM »
Morrison has been very poor recently and I don't see how he continually warrants a place at the moment, the amount of times he lost the ball yesterday was ridiculous, his passing is dodgy and he is a lightweight. I think a Gardner/Mulumbu partnership is by far the better pairing with Sess in front of them.
With respect mate nobody gives the ball away as much as Mulumbu , to be fair to Morrison i think he has played well this season and i think he was unlucky to have to deal with Sissoko where my choice would have been Yacob in that role rather than bringing Mulumbu back in the side.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 11:46:49 AM by Dexy »

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #996 on: November 10, 2014, 07:42:47 PM »
I think Gardener out of the side yesterday highlighted the fact that Morrison has a holding player in the centre of midfield is ridiculous.
Dorrans was our best player in that role until he was moved to cater for him, we need him back there and some width in the side.
i think Brunt as played quite well the last few games but i must be watching a different game to those who think Morrison can play there.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #997 on: November 10, 2014, 09:01:06 PM »
Don't know how much Premier league football you watch but nobody puts crunching tackles in anymore. Nobody tackles anymore and yesterday's referee allowed more tackling than most allow you to get away with.  There is a reason why Gardner was suspended,  he is the one most likely to put a challenge in.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #998 on: November 10, 2014, 09:08:56 PM »
needs to be moved on too lightweight,if fact apart from gardener and sess id get rid of the rest of the midfield too

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #999 on: November 10, 2014, 09:09:16 PM »
Don't know how much Premier league football you watch but nobody puts crunching tackles in anymore. Nobody tackles anymore and yesterday's referee allowed more tackling than most allow you to get away with.  There is a reason why Gardner was suspended,  he is the one most likely to put a challenge in.

Only two of the 5 were for fouls (same as Dorrans incidentally), the others for handball and unsporting behaviour.