Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Football & Sports / Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Last post by Standaman on Today at 03:40:36 PM »
Ipswich have 3 games in the next 10 days if they win all 3 they are promoted regardless of what Leeds do. Obviously we have a vested interest in them beating Hull  ;D However regardless of the outcome they have had a great season going toe to toe with the 3 relegated sides and finishing ahead of at least 1 of them.

Before someone points out that they have been backed that is true but none of their signings were wholly outlandish i.e. most Championship clubs could have made them and they are modest by comparison with some of the talent shipped in by the relegated clubs.  It also be noted that the core of the squad was with them in League One and not all of their signings have made significant contributions.
General Football & Sports / Re: Non League Football Thread
« Last post by BaggieBoy04 on Today at 02:11:22 PM »
I have a bunch of chants created for Saturday going back to the initial issue most have swearing in but in a good way trying to change the words ruins the chant. If I am being supportive I can't see why this is an issue.
Darlaston now play Stourport Swifts in the Play Off Semi Final Our chairman will be happy if a crowd of over 400 turn up there did seem to be more than usual in for a midweek friendly. Some old faces and some who are new to the journey. The winner gets Either Lichfield City or Highgate United. Lichfield will be away and for Darlaston Highgate would be at home.

Lichfield are in Walsall Senior Cup action a few days before and there fixture list has been mental I think so who knows. I am looking to travel to Lichfield but to me I prefer a home Final as my best memory so far is Darlaston beating Stapenhill with a last minute winner to get promoted to where we are now. Hednesford Town have been relegated to the same level as where Darlaston currently are they might play in the division Darlo do now so if we don't go up Hednesford and Bilston will be playing us.

Also Solihull Moors are into the National League Play Off Semi Final after beating Halifax 3-0
« Last post by hardtobeat on Today at 09:06:28 AM »
Effectively 4 points ahead with 2 games left . I know who is in the better position!
« Last post by WBAinDEVON on Today at 07:24:28 AM »
i suspect coventry was a tad knackered, wasn't that impressed with Hull. if we fluff it now we don't deserve to have the chance of going up via the playoffs
« Last post by Droitwich Baggie on Yesterday at 10:33:50 PM »
A point maybe good enough for us, with our goal difference.
« Last post by The Black Pearl on Yesterday at 10:24:22 PM »
If Hull finish above us, they deserve it, if we can't win one our last two games, we don't.
« Last post by SC_Baggie on Yesterday at 09:59:03 PM »
Well if we win one of our remaining two it will basically be game over for Hull because of GD. They will need to win both and hope for us or Norwich to only get 2 points or worse over last 2 matches.

Or they can get a win and draw and hope us or Norwich lose both
« Last post by gazberg on Yesterday at 09:57:28 PM »
Hull win 3-2. Need Ipswich to beat them on Saturday.

Cov all but out now
« Last post by Fritzl Palace on Yesterday at 09:31:59 PM »
Hull winning again. Not a good result for us if it sticks but we need to win our games and if we fail to win at least one then it’s all on us for chucking it away
« Last post by TAFKATMNo1Fan on Yesterday at 09:15:01 PM »
2-2

Relooking at it maybe a draw would suit us as wed only need a point to be certain from 2 games rather than definitely needing to win one
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10