Author Topic: OUT ON LOAN THREAD  (Read 261837 times)

KN22

• Senior Baggie

Re: OUT ON LOAN THREAD
« Reply #975 on: March 06, 2021, 11:10:21 PM »
The way Harper's loan move is going, he will probably need a bit of time in league 1 next season. Some really poor reviews fr9m Blues fans over recent games.

Another one not quite good enough.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #976 on: March 14, 2021, 03:23:53 PM »
Karanka on his way out of Blues. Could impact remainder of Harpers loan.

The BBC line ups have him sitting in front of the back 4 which he is totally unsuited to. Hopefully a more progressive figure takes up the role.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 03:27:22 PM by TheJacko2000 »
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #977 on: March 15, 2021, 11:11:30 AM »
Josh Griffiths getting called up to the England under 21s feels quite significant.
Boing Boing

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #978 on: March 15, 2021, 12:00:43 PM »
Josh Griffiths getting called up to the England under 21s feels quite significant.

Was just about to post about this.

Congratulations to him
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #979 on: March 15, 2021, 12:36:53 PM »
Fantastic news , well done Josh lad :)
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #980 on: March 21, 2021, 11:23:58 AM »
Morton scored again yesterday. The defending is really poor but even with that said, his control and touch to get on goal and get a shot off is very tidy.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #981 on: March 21, 2021, 06:57:50 PM »
Shame we can't see him play They usually play U21's at Molineux or Villa Park around here If Covid wasn't a Thing I could have gone maybe with my dad to see him.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #982 on: March 23, 2021, 12:20:02 PM »
One of my co-workers dad is a lincoln fan. He loves callum and reckons he would have got 20 this season without the injury. He thinks he will still manage 10+ goals for the season. Thinks hes top draw and could play for us next season in championship. His movement and vison is a cut above apprently. Ive never seen the bloke play or watched lincoln so i dunno, but sounds good to me!

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #983 on: March 26, 2021, 10:02:31 PM »
Callum Morton has tested positive  for Covid  !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #984 on: March 27, 2021, 01:42:56 PM »
Palmer had a bit of a nightmare for Lincoln against Oxford. Culpable for both Oxford goals and just an error strewn display over all.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #985 on: March 27, 2021, 03:06:35 PM »
Palmer had a bit of a nightmare for Lincoln against Oxford. Culpable for both Oxford goals and just an error strewn display over all.
Don't agree with that at all. In my opinion, both goals were a result of defensive frailty. Neither were due to Palmer, who made some good saves during the match. Here's some brief highlights for everyone to make their own minds up.

https://www.skysports.com/football/oxford-united-vs-lincoln-city/report/431260

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #986 on: March 27, 2021, 03:10:35 PM »
Agree with you there, he was poor. I have watched Lincoln a few times and his form appears to have fallen away in the second half of the season. I thought Morgan Rogers showed his quality last night have seen a couple of his games for Lincoln, and think we should be going back to Man City with a loan offer, as they will be looking to send him to the Championship next season. No doubt he can do it at that level in my opinion.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #987 on: March 27, 2021, 03:24:25 PM »
Basing this purely on those highlights. If Sam Johnstone had made that very early handling hash and palmed those shots into danger areas like Palmer did, a good number of posters would be joining me behind the settee so we could have our kittens at the same time.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #988 on: March 27, 2021, 03:40:59 PM »
Basing this purely on those highlights. If Sam Johnstone had made that very early handling hash and palmed those shots into danger areas like Palmer did, a good number of posters would be joining me behind the settee so we could have our kittens at the same time.
Watched the whole game mate and his performance had "old" SJ written all over it.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #989 on: March 27, 2021, 03:47:21 PM »
Palmer will be 25 at the start of next season. You would have expected him not to be out on loan if people within the Albion think he's good enough.

I KNOW people inside the Albion rated Josh Griffiths as the better prospect a year or so ago, dont know whether anything has changed but as he's only 19 I doubt things have changed too much.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #990 on: April 03, 2021, 08:13:42 AM »
Mini loan round up.

Rekeem Harper now seems to have dropped down to the bench for Birmingham, featuring as a sub in their important win vs Swansea.

At QPR, Sam Field had what is being described as his best game in an R's shirt next to another ex baggie in Steffan Johanasson while Charlie Austin started but was subbed off in a 3-0 win. Chris Willock scored one of QPR's goals, continuing the evidence that he was under utilised for reasons beyond me last season.

Kenneth Zohore (who is stranded on his favourite tally of 3 goals a season) was a sub for Milwall, decreasing our chances of getting a permanent sale in the summer.

In league 2, Cheltenham won to strengthen their promotion push with another Josh Griffiths clean sheet, but in less optimistic news, Finn Azaz seems to have been a casualty of their recent dip in form as he started on the bench yesterday. If Cheltenham do go up, both players need to go straight back there on loan.
Boing Boing

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #991 on: April 03, 2021, 08:21:47 AM »
Field doing well at QPR. I dont know exactly what arrangement we have with QPR but we should be looking to keep Field, especially if, as expected we lose Yokuslu at the end of the season.

I always said there was a good player there. Teams results are always better when he plays than doesnt percentage wise. There is a reason for that.

Harper, I've always said isnt good enough. Now he cant even get in the Blues team. He needs to be moved on.

A bit disappointing that Azaz has been relegated to the bench for the last couple of games at Cheltenham. Griffiths going from strength to strength. Needs to be in our squad next season.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #992 on: April 03, 2021, 10:17:56 AM »
Got a feeling they have the option to make it permanent.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #993 on: April 03, 2021, 10:29:33 AM »
I work with a QPR fan (must be the only one in Wolverhampton), apparently theres no option to sign but there is an agreement that if we decide to sell at the end of the season they will have first refusal.

So the decision will be down to us rather than the other way around.

I quite like Field and would like to think the club are tracking his performances and ability to put a run of games together with a view to deciding his future at the end of the season.

The same person was saying it will be interesting with Charlie Austin, hes done well for them but apparently QPR are struggling to get him to lower his wage demands, it seems he still views himself as a Premier League player rather than a player whoose age and fitness has reduced his ability to demand an high wage.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #994 on: April 03, 2021, 10:46:39 AM »
As I've said before, Field has been messed around enough by this club; some are very disparaging about Field on this forum.  I hope he stays at Loftus Road where he is valued.  Many fans especially at "big" clubs, only regard players who arrive at their clubs on the back of a big fee: the Money Illusion bias.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #995 on: April 03, 2021, 11:00:47 AM »
I work with a QPR fan (must be the only one in Wolverhampton), apparently theres no option to sign but there is an agreement that if we decide to sell at the end of the season they will have first refusal.

So the decision will be down to us rather than the other way around.

I quite like Field and would like to think the club are tracking his performances and ability to put a run of games together with a view to deciding his future at the end of the season.

The same person was saying it will be interesting with Charlie Austin, hes done well for them but apparently QPR are struggling to get him to lower his wage demands, it seems he still views himself as a Premier League player rather than a player whoose age and fitness has reduced his ability to demand an high wage.

I’d much rather we have field in our midfield next season than having to stomach watching Jake Livermore

We have mismanaged both Field and Harper and they had the clearest pathways into the first team.

It is no wonder that our academy products would prefer to jump ship rather than stick around.

Kyle Edwards is another wasting away..

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #996 on: April 03, 2021, 11:03:03 AM »
Another vote for Field over Livermore.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #997 on: April 03, 2021, 12:10:27 PM »
The unusual case of Sam Field. I know he's had injuries but I really don't understand how he hasn't had more of a shout with us. Criminally underused. Given some of our midfield combinations in recent seasons I'm not wearing that he shouldn't have had more game time.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #998 on: April 03, 2021, 12:22:28 PM »
Always thought Field was worth a place if fit.  Might just have the DF we need already on our books - has got to be worth an extended run to find out if yes or no.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #999 on: April 03, 2021, 05:26:37 PM »
Field would be a useful player in championship.
But the club would sell him and keep playing Livermore and Sawyers nest season.
That's Albion.
The PRIDE of midlands