Author Topic: 11 May 2019 Aston Villa 2 Albion 1 (Play Off 1st Leg)  (Read 95332 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

11 May 2019 Aston Villa 2 Albion 1 (Play Off 1st Leg)
« on: April 14, 2019, 11:37:05 AM »
Aston Villa v West Bromwich Albion

Championship Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg

11th May 2019 12.30pm

Please use this board for all your After Match Debate. Away fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 06:30:04 PM by OldburyWBA »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

In Game Chat
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 11:38:01 AM »

11th May 2019 12.30pm

Please use this board for all your In Game Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.

Please keep this board Albion related, there are boards elsewhere in General Sports to discuss other games
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 06:29:45 PM by OldburyWBA »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Pre Match Chat
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 11:38:29 AM »

11th May 2019 12.30pm

Please use this board for all your Pre Match Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 06:29:19 PM by OldburyWBA »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 11:41:17 AM »
Aston Villav West Bromwich Albion

11th May 2019 12.30pm

PRICES

Allocation: 2,000

Â£25 Adults, £10 Seniors 65+, U21, students, £5 U18

SALE DATES

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/may/play-offs-away-leg-ticket-details/

For upto date ticket info
CLICK HERE

MEMBERS WITH LESS THAN 25 POSTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO OFFER TICKETS FOR SALE OR REQUEST TO BUY TICKETS ON WESTBROM.COM.
 ANYONE IGNORING THAT RULING WILL HAVE THEIR POST REMOVED.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 06:28:53 PM by OldburyWBA »

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 06:39:02 PM »
Well after today if we don't get organised and buck our ideas up in the 7 days before the game, we're in for a very rough ride
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 06:51:34 PM »
No chance. Not organised enough. Not in form. No leadership.

Not a dig in any way at Shan who is put in the most ridiculous position by the club.

It will be a relief when this is over and we can see how we shape up for next season.

chippyclarke

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 07:04:45 PM »
We don't stand a cat in hell's chance against Villa if we play Harper and Murphy. They just don't get involved, get beaten in a tackle and don't chase back. Get what we can for Harper if Mr Levy comes along with his cheque book or even just his wallet!
All the players apart from Gayle and dare I say it, Rodrigues, need a rocket up their backsides. Jay has come in for a lot of bad comments on the forum, but he does a hell of a lot of chasing back AND tackling and also scores goals!
Oh for a John Wile character as captain.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 07:14:06 PM »
Not looking forward to this one bit, hope Appleton can organise this lot because it's become painfully obvious that Shan can't.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 07:25:17 PM »
Would snatch your hands off for a draw, or even narrow defeat, after that today. Really tear Villa could be out of sight after the 1st leg and the Hawthorne game becoming a dead rubber.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2019, 07:40:38 PM »
A win would be unbelievable , a draw would be superb , A 1-0 loss would be alright id take it now to be honest , a 2 goal loss would be bearable because if we got the first goal in the second leg then it would be game on , a 3 goal loss would be game over

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2019, 08:44:08 PM »
Shan probably wont,but he needs to ditch this 3 centre halves at the back shambles no one knows who they are supposed to be marking,Villa will murder us if Bartley is picked,go 442 or better still 451 flood the midfield play brunt just behind Gayle and we might have a chance 352 we will get slaughtered

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2019, 08:57:36 PM »
No chance. Not organised enough. Not in form. No leadership.

Not a dig in any way at Shan who is put in the most ridiculous position by the club.

It will be a relief when this is over and we can see how we shape up for next season.
But this is the thing, we as fans actually need to believe there is a chance we can do this. We have an opportunity here and by ruling us out, i just can't see how we can muster up cheering our team to do this. I firmly believe we have a good chance despite the negativity circling the club at the moment, and will support the team from 12.30 saturday, COYB!!!!!!! Lets bring villa down a notch or two.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2019, 09:17:40 PM »
I'm not saying we're great but a lot of our fans are over-estimating Villa in my opinion, we've taken 4 points off them this season and they have the odd clanger in them themselves; there's a reason we finished above them, just as Leeds finished above us.

I hope our players have more belief than our fans.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2019, 09:23:07 PM »
It's criminal that Phillips hasn't started v derby to at least get 45/60 mins in his legs.

The story of our season is we have generally had less bottle than most we have played and just managed to have abit more quality. The playoffs are a lot more even so we won't get away with it.

Harper hasn't looked interested he isn't getting a contract seems stupid to play him.
I can't believe I am advocating jake Livermore. Sam field has to play he's a local lad and be up for it more than some of the others.

Personally I would go 4 1 3 2:

Back 4 of; holgate Dawson Hegazi Gibbs

Sam field holding with johansen and Phillips
Livermore in the side just to follow and kick lumps out of greasy jack.
Rodriguez & Gayle up top
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 11:49:33 PM by beechyboy90 »
O Albion we love you

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2019, 09:25:12 PM »
I'm not saying we're great but a lot of our fans are over-estimating Villa in my opinion, we've taken 4 points off them this season and they have the odd clanger in them themselves; there's a reason we finished above them, just as Leeds finished above us.

I hope our players have more belief than our fans.

Definitely

The seasons ended now , what’s happened before (we’ve finished above villa , beat them once and drawn against them ) means nothing. Start from scratch and on an even playing field again. The play offs is a lottery you can give cases for and against for the 4 teams in it.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2019, 09:40:33 PM »
Jay has come in for a lot of bad comments on the forum, but he does a hell of a lot of chasing back AND tackling and also scores goals!

I'll translate: Jay does a lot of chasing the ball usually after his woeful first touch has knocked it ten yards too far ahead of him, and then follows that up by kicking the opposition player over and staring at ref with the most gormless facial expression possible. He also scores penalties, all won by the endeavour of his team mates.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2019, 09:41:09 PM »
It's coming Romina la that Phillips hasn't started v derby to at least get 45/60 mins in his legs.

The story of our season is we have generally had less bottle than most we have played and just managed to have abit more quality. The playoffs are a lot more even so we won't get away with it.

Harper hasn't looked interested he isn't getting a contract seems stupid to play him.
I can't believe I am advocating jake Livermore. Sam field has to play he's a local lad and be up for it more than some of the others.

Personally I would go 4 1 3 2:

Back 4 of; holgate Dawson Hegazi Gibbs

Sam field holding with johansen and Phillips
Livermore in the side just to follow and kick lumps out of greasy jack.
Rodriguez & Gayle up top
I have to say I agree with all of this.  Livermore might have a hard time catching springheeled Jack, but at least it'll keep the little funster on his toes.  We must go 4 at the back whatever at their place, we can't let them hammer us there, we must at least be in with a chance back at our place.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2019, 09:54:23 PM »
I'd go with 1 up top and keep it tight in the away leg, give ourselves best chance in the 2nd leg.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2019, 10:11:47 PM »
I'll be there at both games supporting us to the hilt but I have no confidence that Shan/Appleton/Reid will be able to get any kind of decent performance out of the players.

No Murphy, Bartley or Harper would be a start though.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2019, 10:36:48 PM »
I'll translate: Jay does a lot of chasing the ball usually after his woeful first touch has knocked it ten yards too far ahead of him, and then follows that up by kicking the opposition player over and staring at ref with the most gormless facial expression possible. He also scores penalties, all won by the endeavour of his team mates.

Just a rubbish and lazy post. He does a lot of very good things in a game and has put a huge amount of effort in this season. One of few players who can hold his head up high. 

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2019, 10:37:28 PM »
I'll be there at both games supporting us to the hilt but I have no confidence that Shan/Appleton/Reid will be able to get any kind of decent performance out of the players.

No Murphy, Bartley or Harper would be a start though.

Completely agree.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2019, 10:39:24 PM »
I have to say I agree with all of this.  Livermore might have a hard time catching springheeled Jack, but at least it'll keep the little funster on his toes.  We must go 4 at the back whatever at their place, we can't let them hammer us there, we must at least be in with a chance back at our place.

I’d have been ok with Livermore had he been fit, but it takes him a while to get match fit and and we don’t have time. He’s toast for the playoffs for me.

Harper was so bad today that our midfield can only be Brunt, Phillips and Johansen. Then Field. Then Harper.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2019, 11:45:29 PM »
Can't be knee jerk here, 532 is what Shan has mostly gone with and it is what we will go with, just need to get personnel and tactics right. For the away tie, I would want as much pace and ability to carry the ball in the side as possible, with the intention to sit in and counter. I'd look at starting something like this:

Johnstone

Holgate
Dawson
Bartley
Hegazi
Gibbs

Harper
Johansen
Phillips

Gayle
Rodriguez

Bond, Mears, Adarabioyo, Brunt, Morrison, Edwards, Murphy

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2019, 01:22:48 AM »
Can't be knee jerk here, 532 is what Shan has mostly gone with and it is what we will go with, just need to get personnel and tactics right. For the away tie, I would want as much pace and ability to carry the ball in the side as possible, with the intention to sit in and counter. I'd look at starting something like this:

Johnstone

Holgate
Dawson
Bartley
Hegazi
Gibbs

Harper
Johansen
Phillips

Gayle
Rodriguez

Bond, Mears, Adarabioyo, Brunt, Morrison, Edwards, Murphy
Derby slaughtered that line up today,whos protecting Bartley from Mginn and Grealish,352 is a failure 3 three centre halves who don't know who they are marking 2 wingbacks who aint wingbacks,if we persist with 3 5 2 at Villa it will be a massacre,there wont be any point in a 2nd leg

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2019, 02:32:32 AM »
Johnstone
Holgate
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs
Phillips
Brunt
Johansen
Edwards
Jrod
Gayle

442 / 451 out of possession

To use Bartley or Murphy would be stating that we aren't bothered about promotion.