Author Topic: Who's starting to become resigned  (Read 130047 times)

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Who's starting to become resigned
« Reply #225 on: December 28, 2017, 03:51:09 PM »
I was depressed after the Everton game! In my opinion we weren't very good against a team that offered nothing. We had a lot of huff & puff but little else!
Obviously we are bereft in confidence, but perhaps a little bit of luck going our way ie a goal off someones backside or whatever we must have hope.
I'm feeling a bit more upbeat this afternoon, we are only a 2-0 win away from 15th place. As last season there is very little to cover about 8-10 teams, our luck has to change sometime & with a bit of nous in the transfer window who knows! As regards results against the top 6 didnt we also get a point against free scoring Liverpool as well as Spurs!
Keep the faith - a 1-0 win against Arsenal with a lucky goal anyone!
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

Critical Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #226 on: December 28, 2017, 09:02:42 PM »
Game to game I would certainly say I was in the 'resigned' camp, due to the lack of goals we've been scoring, conceding late goals and losing points from winning positions...and of course the current 18 game run without a win.

However football as we know it is a game of fine margins. When you look back at the results we were not far from being 4-10 points better off (Stoke at home, Watford, Newcastle, Palace and Everton to name a few).

I know its all ifs, buts and maybes but I feel if we can address the goal scoring problem and get that bit of luck which seems to have deserted us since Burnley away we can dig ourselves out of this.

We are hardly the whipping boys of the division and performances have been getting better but we need to start picking up three points NOW.
Frank Burrows Appreciation Society

Sarniabaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #227 on: December 29, 2017, 07:42:12 AM »
Resigned really, a small glimmer of hope remains. Hope that somehow, someone gets their scoring boots on and starts bagging a few. I not optimistic though.

P Anderson

• Site Donator
  • Junior Baggie

« Reply #228 on: December 29, 2017, 09:09:19 AM »
Not resigned at all. Looking at the table we have had more draws than anyone else, our goal difference is not that bad, compared to those around us, and a couple of wins would easily change our season around. I feel we just need a win and we the whole mood will change.. I didn’t expect the change of manager to work over a couple of  games, a lot of damage has been done over a long period even before TP rocked up.
Submariners go deeper

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #229 on: December 29, 2017, 09:19:59 AM »
Our time is quite possibly coming to an end, lets just hope the owner dont lose interest. to be honest i aint fussed about going down and leaving the greed league. much more fun in the lower leagues.if the owner is up for it lets build and come back stronger, we had an opportunity to kick on but mr negative as set us back a few years
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 09:29:32 AM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #230 on: December 29, 2017, 10:38:35 AM »
We’re getting a bit better performance wise game by game. Sooner than later we need to win a couple of games in quick succession or else it will be very difficult . Usually the bottom four or five are entrenched by the end of Feb so I’d say we need to reach high 20s in points by the end of Feb to give ourselves a good chance or else it’s curtains.

I’m feeling less resigned today because
1) We have time
2) Have the opportunity of the transfer window
3) we have players to come back from injury or (perceived?) quality players who could hit form (Chadli, Morrison, Burke, Phillips
4) it’s a new year soon !

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #231 on: December 29, 2017, 12:53:55 PM »
While it's still one win to take us out, I won't be too disheartened. If we win, and West Ham, Newcastle, and Bournemouth lose, we're up to 15th on goal difference.

We've also had a lot more shots in the last few games, we just need somebody who can take those chances.

If we got one win I'd feel more optimistic about us getting more. All is not lost.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #232 on: December 29, 2017, 12:58:52 PM »
What concerns me is that 1 win in these situations is invariably accompanied by the teams around us also winning at the same time !! We need to go on a run of winning and drawing and I cant see that happening anytime soon !!
He's a lad from the Wrenna

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #233 on: December 29, 2017, 04:52:29 PM »
Our chances of survival depend on who we bring in and keeping Phillips and Brunt fit. I'll reserve judgement until after our "business" in the window is done.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #234 on: December 29, 2017, 06:58:16 PM »
Our chances of survival depend on who we bring in and keeping Phillips and Brunt fit. I'll reserve judgement until after our "business" in the window is done.
Nothing personal about Evans, but if he's going lets get it done and give Pardew half a chance to set up with some fresh legs for Great Escape #2. 

Brummie Road

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #235 on: December 29, 2017, 08:14:33 PM »
Well there's no question we've got a major challenge on our hands to get out of the bottom 3 (and then to get a run of results to pull clear of the danger zone).

I'm impressed with Pardew and while results haven't been great (particularly the losses against Swansea and Stoke) it is nice to watch an Albion team looking to attack and win matches and I do feel the tide will turn to a certain extent.

I do believe Pardew and the players will turn things round but am concerned that already we've left ourselves a mountain to climb.

For all the talk of a couple of wins taking us up to mid table, we haven't won since August and there's no question that if things were not to go well on Sunday against Arsenal, to go into the New Year off the back of two victories is leaving us with a huge challenge to turn things round, combined with the fact that with the possible exception of Swansea, all of the other clubs down there look capable of picking up decent results here and there.

I think it'll actually go down to wire, though obviously hope I'm totally wrong and we can get a run of results to move into mid table sooner rather than later.

How I'd put it in terms of relegation, on a personal level, I 100% don't want it, I want the Albion to be as successful as they possibly can, but I don't fear it either. Sometimes s**t happens and if the worst comes to the worst I'm not going to be bleating and crying about it, part of me despises the Premiership and the obsession with finance and greed, and would look forward to the new season regardless of what league we're in.

When I renew my HST every year, the league in which we are competing in isn't a consideration.

My gut feeling is that we'll just about turn things round and survive, but feel it'll be a close call, possibly going all the way to the last match of the season.

COYB / ATID (SOTV ;D) 8)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 08:17:09 PM by Brummie Road »

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #236 on: December 30, 2017, 06:07:52 AM »
While I am far from resigned. I must admit that the injury to Chadli is the sort of rotten luck that when relegated clubs look back on the season and point to as part of a picture of what might have been.

A lot of bad decisions are coming home to roost  another year and we might have got away with them but fate seems to be conspiring against us.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #237 on: December 30, 2017, 04:51:31 PM »
We'll start 2018 bottom by looks of it, think we may well finish there.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #238 on: December 30, 2017, 04:53:30 PM »
When was the last time we were bottom of the premier league

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #239 on: December 30, 2017, 04:53:55 PM »
We'll start 2018 bottom by looks of it, think we may well finish there.

Yeah... other results have been cruel today! We certainly need a point against Arsenal to keep us within touch. Not an easy ask!

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #240 on: December 30, 2017, 04:54:18 PM »
We'll do well to reach 30 points I think, wouldn't actually be a surprise if we failed to win another game this season. A team unable to score goals, and who self destructs the rare times they do they get a lead isn't cut for this division.

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #241 on: December 30, 2017, 04:59:33 PM »
We'll do well to reach 30 points I think, wouldn't actually be a surprise if we failed to win another game this season. A team unable to score goals, and who self destructs the rare times they do they get a lead isn't cut for this division.

I reluctantly agree with you. Trying to find a positive, I do enjoy the championship so much more. At least we get to see our team have more possession and score more goals. Just a shame that it looks like the Wolves are coming up. Really miss playing them!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #242 on: December 30, 2017, 05:00:00 PM »
A win tomorrow and we're out of the bottom three. Things then start to look a lot more positive. We're by no means "gone".

We do need a win big time though.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #243 on: December 30, 2017, 05:00:54 PM »
Guess what I think we will win tomorrow

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #244 on: December 30, 2017, 05:02:14 PM »
Other results don't help but we need to pull ourselves up more than anything , performances have been getting better.
Need to keep fighting and keep positive.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #245 on: December 30, 2017, 05:04:14 PM »
Guess what I think we will win tomorrow

I sure hope your right but I can't see it. Trying to beat Arsenal at hope for the third year in a row the odds are against that. Today's results really hurt as I generally don't think we're a bottom club but they say the table doesn't lie.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #246 on: December 30, 2017, 05:04:18 PM »
When was the last time we were bottom of the premier league
Thought it was last week.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #247 on: December 30, 2017, 05:04:43 PM »
It's tight even though it feels bad tonight, tighter than ever , a couple of wins
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 05:11:33 PM by WBAinDEVON »

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #248 on: December 30, 2017, 05:10:52 PM »
worst team in prem its official, no wins in god knows looks like were gone.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #249 on: December 30, 2017, 05:12:53 PM »
We're in a strange position in that were playing well but can't score and can't get any luck in front of goal, compare that to Bournemouth and Swansea today who aren't playing well but get the rub of the green. We just need to win and then I'm sure the momentum will carry us to a couple of wins.