Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2371943 times)

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #325 on: May 30, 2012, 04:56:13 PM »
If Liverpool players didn't respect Hodgson what chance is there for Rodgers!

I think it was Hodgsons style of play that they weren't keen on. Rodgers should be OK.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #326 on: May 30, 2012, 04:57:22 PM »
I wonder how the fans feel and will Rodgers have the ghost of Kenny to deal with as Roy did ?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #327 on: May 30, 2012, 05:01:58 PM »
Don't think Rogers will succeed there in my opinion. There's an awful lot of pressure to try and get Liverpool back into the top four with whats an average squad, which has no chance of winning the Premier League. He might get them to play the sexy football he has produced at Swansea but I have my reservations as to whether their players and fans will buy into it.

Christ knows were Rogers appeared from. He look dead and buried this time last week and it appeared the job was there for the taking for Roberto Martinez.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #328 on: May 30, 2012, 05:37:03 PM »
They are all so deluded and contradict themselves so much! On Redandwhitekop no one blames Dalgish for last season they say it was all the players fault. Yet they say they will be dissapointed if Rodgers dont get them into the top 4, with the same players  ???

Daglish cant do anything wrong in their eyes and others refer to Hogdson and Rodgers as 'outsiders'.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #329 on: May 30, 2012, 05:40:30 PM »
Don't think Rogers will succeed there in my opinion. There's an awful lot of pressure to try and get Liverpool back into the top four with whats an average squad, which has no chance of winning the Premier League. He might get them to play the sexy football he has produced at Swansea but I have my reservations as to whether their players and fans will buy into it.

Christ knows were Rogers appeared from. He look dead and buried this time last week and it appeared the job was there for the taking for Roberto Martinez.

Im not sure I agree with you on that one Liam. I get the feeling that FSG want to back a young manager this time. I think he might do quite well there but I agree with you regarding the style of football. Will it be direct enough for the Liverpool masses

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #330 on: May 30, 2012, 06:14:55 PM »
Im not sure I agree with you on that one Liam. I get the feeling that FSG want to back a young manager this time. I think he might do quite well there but I agree with you regarding the style of football. Will it be direct enough for the Liverpool masses

I personally think its just a couple of years too early. Without wishing to do Brendan Rodgers any dis-service. I think his appointment shows how average Liverpool have become. I would of been expecting a high profile appointment which you could say would put them back on the map and have given them a real chance at rejoining the top four. I don't see that with Rodgers. I see a football club in decline with its deluded supporters and the hope that Rodgers can stop their downward spiral with some pretty patient neat football. Will he have the funds Dalglish had available to him? Will Liverpool fans accept him because he isn't a 'big name'?

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #331 on: May 30, 2012, 07:18:10 PM »
The Independant journalist Jack Pitt-Brooke makes an interesting point on his twitter.

At Swansea, Rodgers succeeded Paulo Sousa who played a very similar style. At Reading, he succeeded Coppell who didn't. He has been a success at Swansea but failed at Reading.

If that means he is better at continuing and improving something that is already in place, but not so good at changing the way a team plays, what does that mean for Liverpool?

Is Dalglish similar to Rodgers or different? I dont think Dalglish is a long ball merchant but he is not a continental style manager either. Rodgers is an interesting appointment but hard to say if it is the right one.
Boing Boing

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #332 on: May 30, 2012, 08:04:57 PM »
Rodgers Liverpool Manager ? ???  just shows you how the mighty have fallen and it amazes me that we could be getting a better manager in Rangnick hahahahah
BOING BOING

reiss

« Reply #333 on: May 30, 2012, 08:14:34 PM »
villa to make approach for lambert in the next 24hrs

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #334 on: May 30, 2012, 08:51:06 PM »
I personally think its just a couple of years too early. Without wishing to do Brendan Rodgers any dis-service. I think his appointment shows how average Liverpool have become. I would of been expecting a high profile appointment which you could say would put them back on the map and have given them a real chance at rejoining the top four. I don't see that with Rodgers. I see a football club in decline with its deluded supporters and the hope that Rodgers can stop their downward spiral with some pretty patient neat football. Will he have the funds Dalglish had available to him? Will Liverpool fans accept him because he isn't a 'big name'?

Be interesting to see how this one unfolds wont it. FSG are shrewd sports operators with a track record of success. I really rate Rodgers. His team play some outstanding football. Agree totally that LFC fans are totally unrealistic about their ambitions at the moment. A new stadium is must if they are not going to get completely left behind. I think he will be an improvement on Dalgleish, to me he looked way past the sell by date.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #335 on: May 31, 2012, 06:17:19 AM »
villa to make approach for lambert in the next 24hrs

Villa refused permission to speak to Lambert
Lambert has resigned his job at Norwich
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #336 on: May 31, 2012, 08:46:11 AM »
His Liverpool FC career should go from strength to strength under the Brendon Rodgers footballing philosophy :-X ............taxi to Sunderland for Mr Carroll!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 08:52:15 AM by kris_boing »

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #337 on: May 31, 2012, 02:59:44 PM »
Delighted both Norwich and Swansea have lost their managers... Am also hoping they both do miserably at Liverpool and Villa (IF Lambert goes there. I personally wouldn't mind him too much.)

In fact, the only bit of sympathy I have is for Norwich City, perhaps a bit undeserving what's been forced on them. Swansea however, I hope they go down with that dross style they play. I'd actually rather Brendan Rodgers to lure Gylfi Sigurðsson to Liverpool...
WestBromwichAlbion

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #338 on: May 31, 2012, 08:18:31 PM »
Swansea given permission to speak to Graeme Jones, Martinez's assistant at Wigan and was with him at Swansea previously.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #339 on: May 31, 2012, 08:23:27 PM »
Swansea given permission to speak to Graeme Jones, Martinez's assistant at Wigan and was with him at Swansea previously.

Beginning to feel Appleton might not be so bad after all

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #340 on: June 06, 2012, 05:55:00 PM »
Did anyone hear Durham on Talksort say Norwich have better players than us :o what a numpty
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #341 on: June 06, 2012, 05:59:10 PM »
Did anyone hear Durham on Talksort say Norwich have better players than us :o what a numpty

What Adrian Durham knows about football you could write on the back of a postage stamp it would appear.   A lot of it is just to be controversial but he makes himself look a total tw.t

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #342 on: June 12, 2012, 10:36:57 PM »
Laudrup to be named new Swansea manager.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #343 on: June 13, 2012, 10:14:49 PM »
Harry has left spurs.

Bit o a shock!

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #344 on: June 13, 2012, 10:19:23 PM »
Harry has left spurs.

Bit o a shock!
Typical JP rushing in to appoint a manager, another week and we could've had arry! :)
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #345 on: June 14, 2012, 01:03:21 AM »
Not really rumours have been circulating for a while that Daniel Levy not that happy with Redknapp. Levy almost disappointed 'Arry did not land England job
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 11:48:57 PM by standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #346 on: June 14, 2012, 01:58:25 AM »
Preparing wounds for salting.

RALF RANGNICK TO TOTTENHAM!!!

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #347 on: June 14, 2012, 02:00:38 AM »
Preparing wounds for salting.

RALF RANGNICK TO TOTTENHAM!!!

relocating from Germany to London probably has a huge deal more appeal than to the Midlands...
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #348 on: June 14, 2012, 02:51:46 AM »
Not to mention the size of the club. Have a feeling we were strung out for PR much like the Hargreaves saga.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #349 on: June 14, 2012, 08:30:20 AM »
Not to mention the size of the club. Have a feeling we were strung out for PR much like the Hargreaves saga.

Well his name's out there even more so now isn't it because of us, so well done that mans agent