Author Topic: Can we get a season ticket refund?  (Read 56303 times)

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Can we get a season ticket refund?
« Reply #225 on: June 26, 2014, 07:54:35 AM »
....in your opinion. Just because some people expressed their anger and frustration at the appointment of AI and threatened not to renew their season ticket in protest, they are not now allowed to adjust their reaction? Nobody burnt their bridges. Nobody has to stick with their original reaction, just because you think they should. People are allowed to say that maybe they over reacted and change their stance. Those that decide not to renew are perfectly entitled to come back again once they feel differently. The very fact that people got so het up shows their passion for the club - whether they were right or not, nobody knows yet, but we are all allowed an opinion and express it as they see fit within reason.

Well put in it's simplest form those who wrote asking for refunds have made the club come out and say 'oh if you're not happy with the manager have your money back' - great way to show your new head coach support; offering people the chance
to not watch the team with him in charge. All that talk about how JP was disgusting for actively 'CHOOSING' to name the head coach 14 days after season ticket deadlines and how the club wouldn't be issuing refunds on that basis. And the talk that JP has deceived so he can get more money and lied to us and he's running the club into the ground and asset stripping. Oh and that protest.

People can threaten to take their money back sure. Go do it. You're entitled to do what you like with your money and have an opinion - I've never once said you're not allowed all that. It's the garbage being spouted alongside it and basing your knee jerk reaction on conjecture and your own opinion of what the clubs doing (and have no evidence it'll happen or is happening) that has really annoyed me. By all means get a refund if you want one, but if you're basing it on the club lying and stealing our hard earned cash by moving deadlines and planning to let us down and how peace is ruining the club and then drop in a misquoted mid table championship club and that's where he wants us to be quote,  then I advise you to stick to your (poorly put together) argument and get a refund.

I was lambasted for trying to tell people to calm down and to base their opinion of the club on facts and events that transpire not knee jerk thoughts and conjecture and I was called out on it and spoken to and about like I was 'delusional'. Fine, I can handle that, and part of me is glad people saw sense, but it doesn't stop me wishing those people had to live by those choices.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 08:16:04 AM by PsalmXXIII »

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #226 on: June 26, 2014, 08:55:20 AM »
Well put in it's simplest form those who wrote asking for refunds have made the club come out and say 'oh if you're not happy with the manager have your money back' - great way to show your new head coach support; offering people the chance
to not watch the team with him in charge. All that talk about how JP was disgusting for actively 'CHOOSING' to name the head coach 14 days after season ticket deadlines and how the club wouldn't be issuing refunds on that basis. And the talk that JP has deceived so he can get more money and lied to us and he's running the club into the ground and asset stripping. Oh and that protest.

People can threaten to take their money back sure. Go do it. You're entitled to do what you like with your money and have an opinion - I've never once said you're not allowed all that. It's the garbage being spouted alongside it and basing your knee jerk reaction on conjecture and your own opinion of what the clubs doing (and have no evidence it'll happen or is happening) that has really annoyed me. By all means get a refund if you want one, but if you're basing it on the club lying and stealing our hard earned cash by moving deadlines and planning to let us down and how peace is ruining the club and then drop in a misquoted mid table championship club and that's where he wants us to be quote,  then I advise you to stick to your (poorly put together) argument and get a refund.

I was lambasted for trying to tell people to calm down and to base their opinion of the club on facts and events that transpire not knee jerk thoughts and conjecture and I was called out on it and spoken to and about like I was 'delusional'. Fine, I can handle that, and part of me is glad people saw sense, but it doesn't stop me wishing those people had to live by those choices.

Calm down.
Last time I checked we lived in a democracy and people were allowed to make their own decisions and indeed change them if they wanted to.
We're talking about a season ticket here, in the grand arena of life not in most peoples top 10 of life changing decisons.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #227 on: June 26, 2014, 09:02:58 AM »
The original question appears to have been answered , the club is now in correspondence with those people who wanted one and this thread is in danger of turning into a "I'm a better fan than you" debate it's locked
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 09:53:08 AM by Standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.