Author Topic: True supporter on the board at WBA  (Read 3062 times)

BB74

• Senior Baggie

True supporter on the board at WBA
« on: June 17, 2014, 02:54:51 PM »
Just had a thought on the back of the live chat from Steve Madeley.

Steve believes that the decisions being made by the club are down to 'a lack of Albion blood at the top'.

Wouldn't it be great if membership holders had a vote, say every two seasons, on a fans representative to join the board.

Via the supporters club 10 fans could be proposed as a board member. Each of these ten would need to get a proposer, seconder and 12 other supporters so in total each one of the ten had 20 supporters.

The ten would then outline their views on the club and what they hope to bring to the board room.

Each member then has a vote and the candidate with most votes in the 'first past the post' or 'Alternative vote' system is elected to the board for two years.

Not going to happen mind, just a nice idea. A bit of a voice between the fans and board without money talking.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 02:58:25 PM by BB74 »

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Fan on the board at WBA
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 02:57:04 PM »
I think thats a good idea one of the biggest problems i think with the club is there a 'them and us' situation with fans which understandably gets fans backs up, but also  with a bit of communication from both parties could easily be sorted!

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: True supporter on the board at WBA
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 03:01:28 PM »
It is a fabulous idea but without any actual clout, its just pi$$ing in the wind as all Peace will do is say "F**K YOU, I'm doing what I want anyway " !!!
He's a lad from the Wrenna

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 03:03:04 PM »
It is a fabulous idea but without any actual clout, its just pi$$ing in the wind as all Peace will do is say "F**K YOU, I'm doing what I want anyway " !!!

But at least Peace would know that he would feel the wrath of the fans when the representative has warned or voted against that bad idea.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 03:06:57 PM »
But at least Peace would know that he would feel the wrath of the fans when the representative has warned or voted against that bad idea.
He knew this would antagonize the fans this time and he hasnt batted an eyelid, why do you think he's NOT the one doing the press conference FFS !!! Unless you can effect Peace in his pocket or outvote him in decisions, HE WONT GIVE A RATS A$$ whether we like the decisions he making or not !!
He's a lad from the Wrenna

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 03:09:34 PM »
Seattle Sounders season ticket holders vote every four years whether to retain their Technical Director. If he doesn't get a majority, he loses the job.

Somehow I doubt JP would go for that, but it does help morale and probably season ticket sales in Seattle.

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 01:04:40 PM »
Sounds great, better then hiring expensive PR  consultants, but of course that's what precisely we will do as we have no clue about talking to fans....its so simple but for WBAFC...so fecking difficult for some reason.

Rheneas

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 04:10:06 PM »

He's been acting that way for a while so far as I can see, but at least if there were a fan or two on the Board, or at least some mechanism whereby fans were in two-way dialogue with the club hierarchy, we would be able to 'speak truth to power' as it were.

So if JP ever did say "I'm doing what I want anyway", the right of reply would be to say, "Okay pal, but don't say we didn't warn you" or even better" with respect JP, but have you considered doing it this way...".

Seems there's more to gain by being constructive,  polite and persistent with a bloke like this.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 05:11:24 PM »
I think this concept should be essential at any club - with real powers attributed - for the future of British Football.

Otherwise, there's every chance our long established clubs could become marred beyond all supporters' recognition.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

BRIAN

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 05:29:02 PM »
Do you know how long JP has been a supporter? I doubt if many of you know how true a supporter he is. I am certain he has been a supporter longer than you think.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 05:38:32 PM »
I would back this as being a very strong idea. But i'd want someone to represent us who has a good understanding of the reality of football and what can be done, while also putting forth the fans' perspective. 79 or Standaman for example. There are a few reactionary types that I'd pay to keep off the board however!

This won't happen, but it's a nice idea. 
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 06:06:48 PM »
Do you know how long JP has been a supporter? I doubt if many of you know how true a supporter he is. I am certain he has been a supporter longer than you think.

No, tell us how long you have been a supporter Mr. Peace.

Kidding.

However I DO feel a true supporter would not have been behind last season's BONKERS decisions.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 07:37:07 PM »

Well i've been a true supporter since my first game in 1976 and I guess theres plenty more true supporters who have been going longer,  just as long or not as long as me so Mr Peace is no more, no less a true supporter than any of us, he just holds a privileged position as he has the finance to do so which I guess 99% of us would do the same if we had that finance ourselves.

The term true supporter is one along with happy clapper and doom monger that is pointless to be honest.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill