Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 718362 times)

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #2550 on: May 24, 2019, 10:55:08 AM »
Wholeheartedly agree.

We've had since February to resolve the manager issue.

The club have only recent confirmed they now have their four man shortlist.

WTF have they been doing for the last three months?
at a guess they were rebuffed by their original targets as they couldn’t get guarantees and didn’t know which league we’d be in. So they’ve built the shortlist getting in contact with managers while giving Shan the role and now we are in the Championship are following up said shortlist to see if they are still interested and check any new options that are available.

But I’m just guessing.

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2551 on: May 24, 2019, 11:44:17 AM »
Im still sure it will be someone thats out of work, as we just don't do compensation. They will need to be cheap, and have low expectations, as this board have proved time and again they they don't posses any clear vision. It's all about cost cutting. They haven't learnt that going down this route will always end in disaster. We keep repeating the same mistakes, expecting a different outcome. The board need to remove their blinkers and actually take the best man available, regardless of any compensation or not. But I fear it will be yet another 'Yes' man that the board can control, thats also happy to work with peanuts.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2552 on: May 24, 2019, 01:12:25 PM »
Im still sure it will be someone thats out of work, as we just don't do compensation. They will need to be cheap, and have low expectations, as this board have proved time and again they they don't posses any clear vision. It's all about cost cutting. They haven't learnt that going down this route will always end in disaster. We keep repeating the same mistakes, expecting a different outcome. The board need to remove their blinkers and actually take the best man available, regardless of any compensation or not. But I fear it will be yet another 'Yes' man that the board can control, thats also happy to work with peanuts.

The 2 best men linked and available will not cost a penny in compensation.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2553 on: May 24, 2019, 02:03:27 PM »

The 2 best men linked and available will not cost a penny in compensation.
they will however cost the most in wages and therefore over the course of the contracts could end up costing the club more
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2554 on: May 24, 2019, 02:41:37 PM »
Back room staff gone already. If there is not someone lined up to start Monday morning this is even more of a terrible decision then it looks.

9th March this was posted, what an absolute disgrace.

One for stato's who is the longest serving caretaker manager in English football?
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2555 on: May 24, 2019, 02:44:50 PM »
9th March this was posted, what an absolute disgrace.

One for stato's who is the longest serving caretaker manager in English football?

Jim Bentley at Morecambe FC, nearly 9 years.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2556 on: May 24, 2019, 02:56:41 PM »
Labbadia is in China today.
Maybe a talk with the chairman after that?

https://twitter.com/eintracht_eng/status/1131843903286579200
The PRIDE of midlands

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2557 on: May 24, 2019, 04:12:35 PM »
Labbadia is in China today.
Maybe a talk with the chairman after that?

https://twitter.com/eintracht_eng/status/1131843903286579200

I thought I read he was interested in working in China as well as England, so he could be killing two birds with one stone, metaphorically speaking od course.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2558 on: May 24, 2019, 04:22:34 PM »
I thought I read he was interested in working in China as well as England, so he could be killing two birds with one stone, metaphorically speaking od course.

Apparently, he turned down 2 offers from Chinese clubs. Interesting angle from one of the German quotes that they were linking the fact that we happen to have a Chinese owner. Probably just a coincidence though. He's due back in Germany this weekend and apparently open to talking to his old club Hamburger SV. But they are in a worse mess than we are. However his family are settled in Hamburg which may be a factor.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2559 on: May 24, 2019, 04:23:00 PM »
I think the Albion may go for the Cowleys if it's a buy one get one free offer.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2560 on: May 24, 2019, 04:25:25 PM »
Apparently, he turned down 2 offers from Chinese clubs. Interesting angle from one of the German quotes that they were linking the fact that we happen to have a Chinese owner. Probably just a coincidence though. He's due back in Germany this weekend and apparently open to talking to his old club Hamburger SV. But they are in a worse mess than we are. However his family are settled in Hamburg which may be a factor.

Call me cynical but i think he is holding out to get the best offer from Hamburger. He may talk to us to stoke up the ante, but i think that's as far as it will go.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2561 on: May 24, 2019, 04:36:42 PM »
Call me cynical but i think he is holding out to get the best offer from Hamburger. He may talk to us to stoke up the ante, but i think that's as far as it will go.
You may be right. But he did say some time back he preferred to work abroad. Hamburger SV is an extremly difficult club to manage. They were expected to get promoted back to the Bundesliga this season but just missed out and now they are onto their 6th manager in 3 seasons. (quite a few parallels with us there  :)) He also said he didn't like the hassle for his family when he managed in Hamburg before.   
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 05:49:54 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2562 on: May 24, 2019, 05:35:18 PM »
If we are serious about Bruno all we have to do is make him the best offer.
It's money that focus's minds in this industry.
If we're not serious about offering him what he wants then move on to a cheaper option.
We know that's what will happen anyway so why pussy foot about.
With other clubs chasing managers we need to get a move on
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2563 on: May 24, 2019, 05:41:15 PM »
If we are serious about Bruno all we have to do is make him the best offer.
It's money that focus's minds in this industry.
If we're not serious about offering him what he wants then move on to a cheaper option.
We know that's what will happen anyway so why pussy foot about.
With other clubs chasing managers we need to get a move on
What happened in the preceding 3 months?

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2564 on: May 25, 2019, 07:25:14 AM »
Will there be a new Prime Minister before we have a new Head Coach?

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2565 on: May 25, 2019, 07:38:12 AM »
Will there be a new Prime Minister before we have a new Head Coach?

There will probably be a new Pope by the time we have got this sorted...…..
MAGA!

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2566 on: May 25, 2019, 07:42:24 AM »
There will probably be a new Pope by the time we have got this sorted...…..
There'll certainly be no white smoke over The Hawthorns for a while yet!

MICKYMEL

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2567 on: May 25, 2019, 09:23:42 AM »
With no football till July pre season I expect Albion to drag out as it will save a few weeks manager wages
Whenever we are playing badly, just remember -
Paul Chrichton,Neil Parsley, Andy Mcdermott, Scott Darton, Winston White,Mark Angel, Fabian DeFreitas, Paul Williams......now, do you feel better?

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2568 on: May 25, 2019, 09:45:11 AM »
With no football till July pre season I expect Albion to drag out as it will save a few weeks manager wages
Probably some truth in that - especially as I assume we are still paying Pulis and Big Dave.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2569 on: May 25, 2019, 11:49:48 AM »
The longer it goes on the shorter the time the new bloke, assuming he is actually new, will have to organise the team for the coming season.
We are always the last out of the traps,whether it's buying players or getting a new manager.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2570 on: May 25, 2019, 12:25:41 PM »
The longer it goes on the shorter the time the new bloke, assuming he is actually new, will have to organise the team for the coming season.
We are always the last out of the traps,whether it's buying players or getting a new manager.
I'd be surprised to see much spent on the squad but whoever comes in will need to be able to assess the players available. If there is scope to bring a few players in from the lower leagues or maybe a loan or two this takes us so long!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2571 on: May 25, 2019, 12:32:18 PM »
Dowling has given us the timeline, you're looking at, at least another 2 weeks before any decision is made.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2572 on: May 25, 2019, 01:01:13 PM »
Dowling has given us the timeline, you're looking at, at least another 2 weeks before any decision is made.
I'll believe it when it happens!

baggie steve

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2573 on: May 25, 2019, 04:04:53 PM »
If we're looking at giving a young gem a chance , another one destined for better things is Ryan Lowe , league 2 manager of the year with a very attack minded style.....

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2574 on: May 25, 2019, 06:25:07 PM »
Mickey Mellon has just gained a second promotion with Tranmere. What are the odds on his phone ringing on Monday morning?  :-[

Former player and shoestring budget - he ticks all the boxes :(
MAGA!