Author Topic: New sponsor?  (Read 52753 times)

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

Re: New sponsor?
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2011, 06:36:19 PM »
We could have a doghouse, which I'm in after most away games.
I only go for the beer.

Jack_Wba11

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2011, 06:57:01 PM »
I think it is interesting to see who you can get as your sponsor as it maybe shows scale of the club? For example I'd be a lot happier if we ended up with some major company with power than a local smalltime one.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2011, 07:52:26 PM »
To be perfectly honest i'm not actually that bothered who is our sponsor as long as they dont ruin the kit like last year (although i have to say i quite took to the big house wierdly  ???)

As long as we are getting enough out of it then i'm happy  :D
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

elminius

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2011, 08:10:39 PM »
Emailed Bodog and they have just replied stating

'Thank you for contacting Bodog Customer Service.
We greatly admire your interest in West Bromwich Albion and their relations with Bodog. At this time we have recently signed a similar sponsorship deal with Ayr United, in the Scottish Football League and we are unaware of any negotiations with West Bromwich Albion for a shirt sponsorship.
We also currently sponsor the Fulham Football Club in the English Premier League and for more details on Bodog sponsorships, news announcements and other high profile deals and notifications in the Bodog community, you can feel free to visit the below link:

www.calvinayre.com'

So i think thats a no but...............you never know!

ComebackStrodds

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2011, 08:14:21 PM »
I can't remember a sponser that didn't ruin our top tbh. The No Smoking badge and Sandwell stand out as some of the worst. Coucher & Shaw was prob the best for me, I think because it wasn't like having a giant christmas card printed accross your top.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2011, 08:14:59 PM »
Good work that fella!

CL ruled out 12bet aswell.

Interesting.

baggieyank

« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2011, 08:28:08 PM »
personally i hate sponsorship logos on football jerseys and would be happy if we never had another one again. the kits from 08-09 and 09-10 were the best in the football league since they started the shirt sponsorship thing back in the 1980s.

i know this is not a widely shared view, and my values on the subject are from another era that is long gone, but i can't understand how anyone could feel any differently!

I can't stand them either, actually.  In fact when I first started watching football, I immediately disliked some clubs because I didn't care for the sponsor. 

15.SUPERJOE

« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2011, 12:14:52 AM »
Funny how the club have recently signed an agreement with 12Bet to become the clubs official bookmaker. Rule out Bodog if I was you.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2011, 10:50:38 AM »
As long as it's not a betting sponsor I dont mind who it is. Damn betting ad's are everywhere!!

baggieyank

« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2011, 08:36:32 PM »
I don't want any beer or alcohol sponsors, but that's just me.  I'll take a betting sponsor over alcohol any day.

baggie_liam

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2011, 05:27:33 AM »
It's official Bodog is the new sponsor for the next 2 seasons

http://www.wba.co.uk/page/News/0,,10366~2382152,00.html

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2011, 06:10:10 AM »
wonder how that will sit on the shirt
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

duncan

New sponsor?
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2011, 06:32:01 AM »
Funny how the club have recently signed an agreement with 12Bet to become the clubs official bookmaker. Rule out Bodog if I was you.

I'm not a betting man, but thankfully I didnt listen to your advice

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2011, 06:32:16 AM »
wonder how that will sit on the shirt

Looking at the logo on website it's bound to be a big White patch slapped in the middle of the shirt.

elminius

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2011, 06:54:16 AM »
'So i think thats a no but...............you never know!
'
Nothing like quoting yourself!!! If you learn anything over the years supporting our club its always....you never know!! Even they didnt!!

Official announcement on here too

www.calvinayre.com
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 06:56:34 AM by elminius »

South West Steve

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2011, 08:33:05 AM »
i think this shows not a lot of know not a lot! (it is/isn't Homeserve; it is/isn't 12.bet etc). what it does show is that Mr Chairman and the Chief Exec Mark Jenkins play cards close to their chest and drive a hard deal which ultimately benefits the club (?).

I personally think it probably also shows that - as suggested earlier on this thread - CL does know things that are embargoed and although he does go out of his way to be courteous to us by trying to answer direct questions on Twitter etc. he sometimes just can't spill the beans without shutting himself out of some of the information sources he is paid to cultivate within the club as apart of his profession.

For waht i know of Bodog in other parts of the world theyve a huge potentail market in the Far East - can only help the clubs visibility elsewhere - compare that to a big red house who repair boilers?

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2011, 08:37:51 AM »
Nice. The largest sponsorship deal in the clubs history, exc£ll£nt. More money only ever a good thing.

Looking at the logo on website it's bound to be a big White patch slapped in the middle of the shirt.
I can't see why there would need to be a white box around it. All the logo is is red text saying 'bodog'. I would expect it to look something like this except with the new Nike shirt obviously and not made in 5 minutes on paint.

I think the logo will look nice enough on the shirt, always thought red complimented the blue and white well.

brummyroader

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2011, 08:38:35 AM »
The most lucrative sponser in the clubs history, can only be a good thing!  :D

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2011, 08:46:46 AM »
£1m a year for two years pretty decent deal. Brand not so "adult" orientated as when Calvin Ayre was heavily involved a few years ago
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2011, 08:50:17 AM »
It will give their online site an extra few thousand hits this morning - but will it give them any new accounts?

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2011, 08:54:31 AM »

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2011, 09:19:21 AM »
Here's a link to the Ayr United kit:

http://calvinayre.com/2011/06/15/business/ayr-united-fans-embarrass-bodog-pr-chief/
Well there we go, no white box :). Nice, simple and attractive. Should look nice and not so 'in your face' like the Homeserve one or the T-Mobile one. Why couldn't the Homeserve have looked like that? Whoever thought a big red house was a good idea must've had a screw loose, or not one screw fully tightened.

Hopefully the revealing of the new kits should soon follow, nothing really holding them back now is there?

slugga1

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2011, 09:24:41 AM »
Well that certainly looks to be a great deal done.
The name kind of makes me chuckle though.. I can imagine their slogan " Bodog - we don't take it doggy we give it" lol

Tony Pulis is ...The Equaliser

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2011, 09:35:25 AM »
New logo?

I only go for the beer.

HTIDCam

« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2011, 09:38:33 AM »
Nice. The largest sponsorship deal in the clubs history, exc£ll£nt. More money only ever a good thing.
I can't see why there would need to be a white box around it. All the logo is is red text saying 'bodog'. I would expect it to look something like this except with the new Nike shirt obviously and not made in 5 minutes on paint.

I think the logo will look nice enough on the shirt, always thought red complimented the blue and white well.

Nice to see you;ve been keeping up, we're being sponsored by Adidas to have our kit manufactured, not Nike! :P