Author Topic: Dwight Gayle (at Newcastle)  (Read 237458 times)

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

Re: Dwight Gayle (on loan swap from Newcastle)
« Reply #675 on: May 20, 2019, 04:36:29 PM »
On the basis of not paying the premier league wages, I’m guessing Gibbs, Phillips, Brunt, Livermore and Rodriguez are all still on relatively high wages, do expect to see these moves on.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #676 on: May 20, 2019, 04:42:15 PM »
On the basis of not paying the premier league wages, I’m guessing Gibbs, Phillips, Brunt, Livermore and Rodriguez are all still on relatively high wages, do expect to see these moves on.
I'm guessing the answer to that in an ideal world is yes BUT they can only be moved on if they wish to leave and someone is prepared to take them.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #677 on: May 20, 2019, 04:52:38 PM »
think HRK is on 28 thousand a week in Championship and over 50,000.00  :o when we were in prem. Burke is still on 30,000.00 a week I believe I read some where, majority of players who are still with us from prem are still on good wages and will be difficult to move on.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #678 on: May 20, 2019, 05:16:14 PM »
We cannot commit to £55k a week especially on at least a 3 year deal in this division, we need to lower the wage bill. You say £15.3m remaining but fail to include signing on fees, fees to agents etc etc, plenty of hidden costs and we always put the whole of the contract to one side to cover the costs (or used to) so £55k  a week on 3 year deal sees £3.6m put to one side for wages alone plus the hidden extras so that £15.3m is vastly reduced.

Think you'll find £55k per week is equal to nearly £3 million a year.
£20k per week = £1 million per year, so it's £8.3 million out of Rondon's fee & that's assuming we get £16.5 million.

I wonder if we carried the £7.5 million loss through to next season. We can't carry it through to the following season, that would wipe out the remaining parachute payments.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #679 on: May 20, 2019, 05:18:52 PM »
Think you'll find £55k per week is equal to nearly £3 million a year.
£20k per week = £1 million per year, so it's £8.3 million out of Rondon's fee & that's assuming we get £16.5 million.

I wonder if we carried the £7.5 million loss through to next season. We can't carry it through to the following season, that would wipe out the remaining parachute payments.

I didn't even work it out, I just used the figures provided in the message I quoted.   :D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #680 on: May 20, 2019, 06:13:59 PM »
So Gayle goes back to Newcastle and we wont pay his wages even if Newcastle pay us £16.5 Million for Rondon,surely we could loan him one more season if Newcastle pay us for Rondom its worth the chance

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #681 on: May 20, 2019, 06:19:11 PM »

Hopefully.

I doubt many premier league clubs would touch any of them with a barge pole maybe Burnley at a push.

I think we will struggle to offload them.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #682 on: May 20, 2019, 06:41:58 PM »
This thread is quite funny

Why would we sign Gayle at 55k a week before a manager is appointed?
Who honestly thinks he would come to us over Fulham ?
Who honestly thinks we can match wages of Fulham if he did want too?
Comments about JRod and HRK being moved on to cover it , well we are already short on strikers , that would be 2 less options and no one is going to be in a rush to buy them

Course the club would welcome 55k a week sponsorship from any of you...
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #683 on: May 20, 2019, 06:51:22 PM »
Not quite right though is it. If not Gayle we are going to need somebody from some where who is probably going to expect in the region of 20/30K per week so you aren't going to move many of the current lot on to cover that
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 07:38:44 PM by hardtobeat »
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #684 on: May 20, 2019, 07:17:19 PM »
this news worries me Gayle is a 20 goal + striker at this level. It shows of a lack of ambition of a board. Who were quick enough to deadline the season tickets a month earlier than every before. We are Lai and jenkins's broken toy  >:(

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #685 on: May 20, 2019, 07:34:43 PM »
If WBA are worried about the outlay of £50,000 per week the why aren’t we offering another seasons loan?  That is £2.5M for the season for a proven goal scorer in that league?

Furthermore, if Newcastle are balking at paying £16m for Rondon then why don’t we lower it to £12m on the proviso Gayle is loaned back for another season.

Im yet to hear anyone say they’re happy with Rod, Brunt, Rod etc staying on £30,000 per week.

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #686 on: May 20, 2019, 08:07:14 PM »
This thread is quite funny

Why would we sign Gayle at 55k a week before a manager is appointed?
Who honestly thinks he would come to us over Fulham ?
Who honestly thinks we can match wages of Fulham if he did want too?
Comments about JRod and HRK being moved on to cover it , well we are already short on strikers , that would be 2 less options and no one is going to be in a rush to buy them

Course the club would welcome 55k a week sponsorship from any of you...

I agree with your first point, the board won't be making any transfer decisions before the new manager has had his say. As to your second point, I think the question should be who honestly thinks he would go to Fulham over us? Not me, I struggle to think of 1 reason why he would.

I think we could receive offers for JROD, whether they would be near enough our value of him is something else. I think we should keep hold of him anyway.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #687 on: May 20, 2019, 08:07:46 PM »
If WBA are worried about the outlay of £50,000 per week the why aren’t we offering another seasons loan?  That is £2.5M for the season for a proven goal scorer in that league?

Furthermore, if Newcastle are balking at paying £16m for Rondon then why don’t we lower it to £12m on the proviso Gayle is loaned back for another season.

Im yet to hear anyone say they’re happy with Rod, Brunt, Rod etc staying on £30,000 per week.
Because
50k a week is 50k a week , loan or permanent
Because 16m is the price to trigger a transfer and other clubs including wolves appear to be happy to pay it
Because we would be made to be in our position and write off 4m
No one needs to say any5hing, they are contracted  and so entitled to draw there earnings
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #688 on: May 21, 2019, 08:34:21 AM »
Because
50k a week is 50k a week , loan or permanent
Because 16m is the price to trigger a transfer and other clubs including wolves appear to be happy to pay it
Because we would be made to be in our position and write off 4m
No one needs to say any5hing, they are contracted  and so entitled to draw there earnings

Rondon has probably 1 good season left in the Premier League.  He doesnt have pace, no skill to beat players.  He is a good target man, good in the air but his ability will diminish as he gets older just like Ricky Lambert.

It's incredible that people think another Gayle loan at 50k per week or 2.5m per season is not worth it when we have HRK getting over 1m in wages per season. 

As I see it there is a shortfall of only about 10m in payments then there is a steep drop in Summer 2020.  We have 1 more season to show some ambition.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #690 on: May 21, 2019, 12:05:59 PM »
The Toon has just slapped a £15 million price on his head,who in championship can afford that!
Its too obvious for a Rondon  swap isn't it perhaps that's why they've put that much on his head so it won't cost them any money.
Plus how much would his wages be on a 3 year contract? £7-9 mill?
Would he be worth that to us? All it would cost us is say 3 mill per year         
I say if we can afford it yes but lots of offs eh?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #691 on: May 21, 2019, 12:06:27 PM »
Toon asking £15m according to this

http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2019/05/21/nufc-set-dwight-gayle-asking-price-after-leeds-interest-west-brom-snub-report/

There you go. Do people still think we should sign him? £15 million plus £3 million per year in wages.

It'd be insane.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #692 on: May 21, 2019, 12:06:47 PM »
Keep acting like a small time club desperate for cash and clubs will offer insulting prices.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #693 on: May 21, 2019, 12:21:50 PM »
Thing is if we did splash out and bring Gayle in it does create problems, on the one hand you are getting players to sign deals that if we go down they have to take a 50% pay cut and then disregarding that to sign a player on more than most of them will have been on in the Premier League, he also will want a pay rise to sign so the rumoured £55k is a starting point so will either rise upon signing or during the length of the contract.

Then there is the problem of if we do splash out and sign what happens if we fail to go up, we are left with a player on massive wages and a dwindling income, the prospect of signing Gayle makes no sense at all. We cannot do it, best we can hope for is another loan as part of a Rondon deal.

I slag the club off at times more than anyone but on this not sure how they can be criticised.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #694 on: May 21, 2019, 12:31:09 PM »
Thing is if we did splash out and bring Gayle in it does create problems, on the one hand you are getting players to sign deals that if we go down they have to take a 50% pay cut and then disregarding that to sign a player on more than most of them will have been on in the Premier League, he also will want a pay rise to sign so the rumoured £55k is a starting point so will either rise upon signing or during the length of the contract.

Then there is the problem of if we do splash out and sign what happens if we fail to go up, we are left with a player on massive wages and a dwindling income, the prospect of signing Gayle makes no sense at all. We cannot do it, best we can hope for is another loan as part of a Rondon deal.

I slag the club off at times more than anyone but on this not sure how they can be criticised.

Same here.

If the club DID sign Gayle I'd be going crazy about their ineptitude.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #695 on: May 21, 2019, 12:37:14 PM »
I'm guessing the answer to that in an ideal world is yes BUT they can only be moved on if they wish to leave and someone is prepared to take them.

A great example of this is Jack Rodwell @ Sunderland
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #696 on: May 21, 2019, 03:15:38 PM »
You'd hope we've asked Newcastle to share his wages. You do hear of loan players where the clubs share the wage bill.  And in this case we have Rondon on our books which is still a significant bargaining chip.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #697 on: May 21, 2019, 03:51:59 PM »

Same here.

If the club DID sign Gayle I'd be going crazy about their ineptitude.

Yeah, crazy to sign a player worth 20+ goals a season.  Madness!

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #698 on: May 21, 2019, 04:15:34 PM »

Oldbury we will not go up if we don't sign him. 20+ goals last season we failed to go up as we did not have an experienced coach in my opinion.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #699 on: May 21, 2019, 04:18:42 PM »
Oldbury we will not go up if we don't sign him. 20+ goals last season we failed to go up as we did not have an experienced coach in my opinion.

But we can't risk the finances involved on a permanent deal, what happens if we sign him and don't go up? we're left with a player on massive wages and lower income. If he 100% guaranteed promotion then great but there is no guarantee.

Best we can hope for is another loan deal.