Author Topic: Dwight Gayle (at Newcastle)  (Read 237458 times)

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

Re: Dwight Gayle (on loan swap from Newcastle)
« Reply #275 on: February 13, 2019, 11:08:00 AM »
There were two challanges that should have been a straight red for forest and so many times our players were dumped on the floor and nothing given.

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #276 on: February 13, 2019, 01:23:43 PM »
He’s going to be missing for villa :( I just know it

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #277 on: February 13, 2019, 02:09:22 PM »
The more I see it the more I can see why he went down, it seems that he anticipated contact and tried to avoid it. If he hadn't gone down he could have ended up injured, no excuse for diving but I can see why he did it.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #278 on: February 13, 2019, 02:32:32 PM »
Sometimes when a player goes down its not a foul and its not a dive, i think last night was one of those things.

I wouldnt of give a penalty, i would of just let the game carry on, Gayle appealed for it, Forest players appealed against it, in an ideal world neither team appeals and the game carries on but its not in ideal world.

I saw talksport are running a poll whether Gayle should be banned, loads of people saying he should, i hope if thats the case then every single incident where they think its a dive has to be punished whether its Man City or Mansfield, if Gayles is the turning point where bans start to be issued (i think there was only one other before this) then thats fine if it makes football better, but they have to do it to every player at every club at every level.

Same applies Forest crying about Lolley having his shirt grabbed, by all means give a penalty for that but make sure you will then do the same for about 20 other incidents in every game where players grab shirt, it happens on every single corner, so if you give one you have to give them all, if a players shirt is grabbed in the area it means a penalty or free kick to the defending team.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #279 on: February 13, 2019, 03:23:39 PM »
Sometimes when a player goes down its not a foul and its not a dive, i think last night was one of those things.

I wouldnt of give a penalty, i would of just let the game carry on, Gayle appealed for it, Forest players appealed against it, in an ideal world neither team appeals and the game carries on but its not in ideal world.

I saw talksport are running a poll whether Gayle should be banned, loads of people saying he should, i hope if thats the case then every single incident where they think its a dive has to be punished whether its Man City or Mansfield, if Gayles is the turning point where bans start to be issued (i think there was only one other before this) then thats fine if it makes football better, but they have to do it to every player at every club at every level.

Same applies Forest crying about Lolley having his shirt grabbed, by all means give a penalty for that but make sure you will then do the same for about 20 other incidents in every game where players grab shirt, it happens on every single corner, so if you give one you have to give them all, if a players shirt is grabbed in the area it means a penalty or free kick to the defending team.
What about the one when they were holding Dawson down in the box!? That wasn't given. And I couldn't care less about a poll pointless exercise.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #280 on: February 13, 2019, 03:46:25 PM »
Exactly albion59! There will be about 20 incidents every game where penalties will be given for players jostling for the ball.

Couple of genuine questions as i dont pay that much attention to football outside the Albion nowadays, and certainly not the premier league (been going that way the last few years for me but even less interest now we arent in it) but

I know there were a couple of incidents where Salah was accused of diving in the last month or so, was there much out rage that he should be banned, Liverpool points deducted, etc?

And has there been this much outrage at other diving accusations in all 4 league or is Gayle being highlighted and made an example of?

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #281 on: February 13, 2019, 03:46:50 PM »
It'll never change why should we be the good guys holding up the morality flag.
I don't agree with cheating or diving but as I said earlier forest were blatantly wasting time throuought the match is that not cheating? The slow walk back after scoring is that not cheating? The grabbing of several yards off throw ins is that not cheating? All of that in front of the linesman and ref and on all occasions the linesman standing next to the thrower and running beside him when throwing the ball,what's that called?
That forest team are cheats I think,the little winger looking to go down every time he gets the ball is that not cheating,their number 8 walking away with the ball after fouling our player then kicking it away as well,what's that called, sportsmanship? Please,let's play as the others play eh? Or let's stop being so goody goody.
I want to play by the rules but if the MiB don't penalise why should we be so correct all the time,its getting us now where we should have beaten forest easily last night but fell short to their cheating in my opinion.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #282 on: February 13, 2019, 04:23:51 PM »
In real time it looks like a penalty and its only when you slow it down that Gayle thinks he's going to be fouled and tries to ride a tackle that never came. I say bollo to all those who think it's a dive.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #283 on: February 13, 2019, 04:26:21 PM »
Wasn't there a blatant dive against us the other week?  Like one of those where there was zero contact and the player threw himself to the ground about 3 strides later.  Nobody campaigned for him to be banned.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #284 on: February 13, 2019, 05:33:06 PM »
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/february/gayle-charged-by-the-fa/

Charged by the FA. I guess this could lead to a ban? Shame we don't see more of this really - did this happen after Rodriguez was red carded v Sheff Wed was it?!

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #285 on: February 13, 2019, 05:37:10 PM »
I blame Dingle Don for putting the idea into the minds of the FA big wigs. We wouldn’t have heard a thing if Gayle was playing for Man Ure

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #286 on: February 13, 2019, 05:38:59 PM »
Could only happen to us! The number of dives in recent months and our player is the only one charged....

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #287 on: February 13, 2019, 05:41:38 PM »
If we appeal does that mean he can play Saturday

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #288 on: February 13, 2019, 05:44:47 PM »
Wasn't there a blatant dive against us the other week?  Like one of those where there was zero contact and the player threw himself to the ground about 3 strides later.  Nobody campaigned for him to be banned.
Hugill from Boro

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #289 on: February 13, 2019, 05:51:31 PM »
John Percy Twitter Account

Dwight Gayle has been charged by the FA for ‘Successful Deception of a Match Official’ following an incident in the game against #nffc. Likely two-game ban if he accepts the charge #wba
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #290 on: February 13, 2019, 05:52:39 PM »
If we appeal does that mean he can play Saturday
I would imagine that’s the case but do we not risk a longer ban if it’s upheld. A delay could work in our favour though if we then have Phillips to replace him.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 05:55:37 PM by OldburyWBA »

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #291 on: February 13, 2019, 05:58:26 PM »
Phillips is back next week apparently

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #292 on: February 13, 2019, 05:59:55 PM »
I would imagine that’s the case but do we not risk a longer ban if it’s upheld. A delay could work in our favour though if we then have Phillips to replace him.
from what I’ve seen, not for diving. We have no reason to not appeal.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #293 on: February 13, 2019, 06:03:45 PM »
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/february/gayle-charged-by-the-fa/

Charged by the FA. I guess this could lead to a ban? Shame we don't see more of this really - did this happen after Rodriguez was red carded v Sheff Wed was it?!

Personally. I'd accept the charge, ultimately it could be to our advantage. Misses the games against Villa & QPR, but it ensures nobody tries it on with us in our remaining games.

On the other hand, I'm still not convinced it was simulation.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #294 on: February 13, 2019, 06:06:10 PM »
Sounds petty but if he gets any sort of ban if i was the Albion i would be on the phone every week between now and the end of the season to the FA, the national media, etc highlighting any other incidents like this, whoever the club is, if the FA issue a ban they are setting a precedent, it has to be stuck too.

I would also be going back over our previous games this season and highlighting similar incidents (like Hugill against us, Grealish too, there are others) and even if the FA cant do anything about them now, make sure we plant the seed with the FA.

They have every right to enforce it if they think its simulation and cheating but i would make sure we are the biggest pain in the backside to them highlighting every other incident to make sure other players / clubs get the same punishment, cant be one rule for one and one rule for another.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #295 on: February 13, 2019, 06:07:56 PM »
Well that's just going to open a can of worms now. Can we see it from another camera angle as I'm sure there was slight contact. ;D
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #296 on: February 13, 2019, 06:11:45 PM »
I don't think it was a dive or a penalty after watching the replays. At full speed looks a nailed on penalty to be fair. In the replays he's just trying to get out the way in my eyes.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #297 on: February 13, 2019, 06:15:52 PM »
Back-room staff should now be going through every penalty given in the top few leagues this season and finding any where the ref has been deceived. Take it to the FA and say "when all of these players are charged, we'll accept the charge".

Otherwise, sue the FA for persecuting us. Can't just pick on one club whenever they feel like it because a commentator or radio station makes a big deal of it.

Fair play if they wanna do Gayle for it, but it has to be done consistently.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #298 on: February 13, 2019, 06:16:30 PM »
Sounds petty but if he gets any sort of ban if i was the Albion i would be on the phone every week between now and the end of the season to the FA, the national media, etc highlighting any other incidents like this, whoever the club is, if the FA issue a ban they are setting a precedent, it has to be stuck too.

I would also be going back over our previous games this season and highlighting similar incidents (like Hugill against us, Grealish too, there are others) and even if the FA cant do anything about them now, make sure we plant the seed with the FA.

They have every right to enforce it if they think its simulation and cheating but i would make sure we are the biggest pain in the backside to them highlighting every other incident to make sure other players / clubs get the same punishment, cant be one rule for one and one rule for another.

Correct, that's what I meant earlier, when I said to our advantage.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #299 on: February 13, 2019, 06:30:28 PM »
I don't think it was a dive or a penalty after watching the replays. At full speed looks a nailed on penalty to be fair. In the replays he's just trying to get out the way in my eyes.
That's pretty much my view , I'd appeal it.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.