Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2353909 times)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #9000 on: May 19, 2020, 02:19:42 PM »
Are they social distancing though?  What's the rules for getting changed?  Going for showers?  You'll need more than 2m if someone has just exerted themselves on a run.  You also can't force people to go to work if they consider it unsafe.

There are hundreds of pros out there. What makes Deeney different to everyone else?

He's an attention seeking xxxx that doesn't have enough natural ability to grab the headlines through his football.

Can you see the likes of Jake Livermore, Charlie Austin or two hundred others acting like Deeney?

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9001 on: May 19, 2020, 02:24:10 PM »

There are hundreds of pros out there. What makes Deeney different to everyone else?

He's an attention seeking xxxx that doesn't have enough natural ability to grab the headlines through his football.

Can you see the likes of Jake Livermore, Charlie Austin or two hundred others acting like Deeney?

Not sure of your point?  He could be genuinely concerned for his and his families health?  How do you know other players are going back into training even though they don't want to?  You're making this stand because of Deeney, not because of his argument.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9002 on: May 19, 2020, 02:31:00 PM »
Not sure of your point?  He could be genuinely concerned for his and his families health?  How do you know other players are going back into training even though they don't want to?  You're making this stand because of Deeney, not because of his argument.

Yes because he's a xxxx. If you had posted without mentioning the name of the player I'd have guessed him all day long. You understand people's  characters by their history, a bit like serial killers, if you look into their back characters you can see why they turn out as they do.

Deeney is seeking attention as he always does, trust me.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9003 on: May 19, 2020, 02:37:30 PM »
Hey atomic,steady on the language there mate.
OK so you don't like him,you know nothing about his personal circumstances I assume?
Remember he could be very worried for his family and himself because black people are at more risk, if he thinks the club are not well prepared ,the club have a duty of care to protect all staff,that's his choice.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9004 on: May 19, 2020, 02:39:44 PM »
He said his baby son has breathing difficulties so i can understand him not wanting to play tbf.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9005 on: May 19, 2020, 02:42:03 PM »
@Atomic.  I think you're being incredibly harsh - his 5 month old son has breathing difficulties.  Mark Noble also raised concerns, Neville also said a player at Salford and one of the staff also said they wouldn't be back in and he knows of Premiership clubs with 5-6 players who aren't comfortable with the staged plan for returning. 

It boils down to this.  Why should Deeney put the health of his child at risk for a game of football?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9006 on: May 19, 2020, 02:42:14 PM »
Hey atomic,steady on the language there mate.
OK so you don't like him,you know nothing about his personal circumstances I assume?
Remember he could be very worried for his family and himself because black people are at more risk, if he thinks the club are not well prepared ,the club have a duty of care to protect all staff,that's his choice.

Every player could be worried about their family why him?

For the record I have had to work as a key worker right through this.

Anyone taken in by Deeny is another Lord Longford. Look into it, learn about peoples character's and think. Denny's family is no more important than Harry Kane's, Jamie Vardy's, Dele Alli's etc.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9007 on: May 19, 2020, 02:47:45 PM »
@Atomic.  I think you're being incredibly harsh - his 5 month old son has breathing difficulties.  Mark Noble also raised concerns, Neville also said a player at Salford and one of the staff also said they wouldn't be back in and he knows of Premiership clubs with 5-6 players who aren't comfortable with the staged plan for returning. 

It boils down to this.  Why should Deeney put the health of his child at risk for a game of football?

AT THIS STAGE THEY ARE DISTANCING USING MASKS.

I AM FAR MORE AT RISK THSN DEENEY. FACT. I AM AROUND THREE HUNDRED PEOPLE A DAY AND I HAVE NO MASK.

Apologies for the capitals but I have no time for people using this pandemic for their own self interest.

Just to add I have a 70 year old mother who had symptoms, has thankfully come through the other side but not been tested.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9008 on: May 19, 2020, 02:50:46 PM »

AT THIS STAGE THEY ARE DISTANCING USING MASKS.

I AM FAR MORE AT RISK THSN DEENEY. FACT. I AM AROUND THREE HUNDRED PEOPLE A DAY AND I HAVE NO MASK.

Apologies for the capitals but I have no time for people using this pandemic for their own self interest.

Just to add I have a 70 year old mother who had symptoms, has thankfully come through the other side but not been tested.

I don't get your point.  So what if they've got masks - do you think a mask will work when players are training?  And even, even if they did work well in those circumstances, it doesn't mean you should be forced to work if you think it's unsafe.

I'm sorry you're at risk - but that's no reason to go off on Deeney because he wants to safeguard the life of his own child.

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9009 on: May 19, 2020, 02:51:33 PM »
Have no opinion of Troy Deeney before today but if he does not feel comfortable going back to work then he is well within his right not too.

The health of a 5 month old with breathing difficulties is significantly more important than playing a sport.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9010 on: May 19, 2020, 02:58:15 PM »
I don't get your point.  So what if they've got masks - do you think a mask will work when players are training?  And even, even if they did work well in those circumstances, it doesn't mean you should be forced to work if you think it's unsafe.

I'm sorry you're at risk - but that's no reason to go off on Deeney because he wants to safeguard the life of his own child.

Oh god, it's hard work.

Look at his character.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9011 on: May 19, 2020, 03:00:09 PM »
Have no opinion of Troy Deeney before today but if he does not feel comfortable going back to work then he is well within his right not too.

Absolutely. Let every nurse and doctor refuse to work then and every carer, and every parcel deliverer and every supermarket worker..... etc x10
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 03:04:25 PM by Atomic »

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9012 on: May 19, 2020, 03:04:04 PM »
Oh god, it's hard work.

Look at his character.

But why does his character mean he's lying about the health of his child?  You also skipped out that Noble raised concerns and there's other players too according to Neville, it's not just Deeney. 

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9013 on: May 19, 2020, 03:05:18 PM »

Absolutely. Let every nurse and doctor refuse to work then and every carer, and every parcel deliverer and every supermarket worker..... etc x10

If any of those people are concerned about their family then I fully support them refusing to work. 

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9014 on: May 19, 2020, 03:08:57 PM »
But why does his character mean he's lying about the health of his child?  You also skipped out that Noble raised concerns and there's other players too according to Neville, it's not just Deeney.

He's seeking attention. His child is not the only  one in the UK feeling ill. You mention two other people out of how many premier league pro's? 500? Probably more.

In normal circumstances players children will feel ill but nothing normally would be made of it. Senses are heightened now that's all.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9015 on: May 19, 2020, 03:10:26 PM »
If any of those people are concerned about their family then I fully support them refusing to work.

Then the country stops and everyone remotely ill with this horrid pandemic dies.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9016 on: May 19, 2020, 03:11:25 PM »

Then the country stops and everyone remotely ill with this horrid pandemic dies.

Well, no, because not everyone has those concerns, but if they DO have those concerns they're completly valid and should be helped.  Not just told to shut up and go to work.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9017 on: May 19, 2020, 03:14:04 PM »
Well, no, because not everyone has those concerns, but if they DO have those concerns they're completly valid and should be helped.  Not just told to shut up and go to work.

Yes because if everyone did the same the NHS wouldn't even get the equipment they need delivered to them. I know  that's the business I'm in.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9018 on: May 19, 2020, 03:17:27 PM »

Yes because if everyone did the same the NHS wouldn't even get the equipment they need delivered to them. I know  that's the business I'm in.

So it's a good job that not everyone is doing the same then right?  And those few people who are concerned about the health of themselves and their family should be listened to. 

Look, if you said you were concerned about your health and that of your family by going to work I would 100% support your decision to not go to work.  I wouldn't take your approach and just say "tough, shut up and get to work".  Deeney deserves the same respect as you and countless other people would have if they were asked to do something unsafe, no matter what I think of Deeney personally.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9019 on: May 19, 2020, 03:29:50 PM »
I think anyone who has genuine concerns about their health in the work environment situation, need to raise them. Its just that footballers are not a key workers, whereas NHS, care home staff etc are. That's why the latter need extra protection in terms of PPE, masks etc.
Deeney strikes me as a bloke who is not a yes-man who just goes with the flow. He is probably speaking for others who don't like putting their head above the parapet. At the end of the day, if he feels uncomfortable playing and training with the health risks, its his decision. Playing football is not that important in the current situation.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9020 on: May 19, 2020, 03:32:08 PM »
So it's a good job that not everyone is doing the same then right?  And those few people who are concerned about the health of themselves and their family should be listened to. 

Look, if you said you were concerned about your health and that of your family by going to work I would 100% support your decision to not go to work.  I wouldn't take your approach and just say "tough, shut up and get to work".  Deeney deserves the same respect as you and countless other people would have if they were asked to do something unsafe, no matter what I think of Deeney personally.

Don't you think everyone on the frontline is concerned? Go and talk to a few.

The world has to go on, people have to eat and drink etc.

No one has said you just get on with it you take sensible precautions and you will be OK. Wear PPE, stay out of the way of coughs and sneezes, wash yourself at appropriate times and you will be fine. The biggest issue is the lack of commonsense and consideration of the public.

Fact is,  Deeney training within the current guidelines is far more safe than thousands of workers currently working within society and more to the point what makes him more at risk than the other thousands of footballers within the leagues that aren't making an issue of it. Why is he so special?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 03:41:05 PM by Atomic »

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9021 on: May 19, 2020, 03:51:40 PM »

Don't you think everyone on the frontline is concerned? Go and talk to a few.

The world has to go on, people have to eat and drink etc.

No one has said you just get on with it you take sensible precautions and you will be OK. Wear PPE, stay out of the way of coughs and sneezes, wash yourself at appropriate times and you will be fine. The biggest issue is the lack of commonsense and consideration of the public.

Fact is,  Deeney training within the current guidelines is far more safe than thousands of workers currently working within society and more to the point what makes him more at risk than the other thousands of footballers within the leagues that aren't making an issue of it. Why is he so special?

This is hard work! 

It's possible for frontline workers to be scared for the health AND for footballers AND anybody else.  Everybody is different.  But just beccause a front line worker is concerned for their health doesn't mean that Deeney can't be scared for the health of his child.

He isn't saying he's less safe than frontline workers, he isn't saying that he's more at risk than the other footballers (aside from the BAME stuff), he's concerned about the health of his own child.  Why do you think that's so bad?  Why do you think he should ignore that just because there's other people who are in more danger and more scared?  To Deeney the health of his 5 month old child is the most important thing to him.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9022 on: May 19, 2020, 03:58:08 PM »
This is hard work! 

It's possible for frontline workers to be scared for the health AND for footballers AND anybody else.  Everybody is different.  But just beccause a front line worker is concerned for their health doesn't mean that Deeney can't be scared for the health of his child.

He isn't saying he's less safe than frontline workers, he isn't saying that he's more at risk than the other footballers (aside from the BAME stuff), he's concerned about the health of his own child.  Why do you think that's so bad?  Why do you think he should ignore that just because there's other people who are in more danger and more scared?  To Deeney the health of his 5 month old child is the most important thing to him.

How many nurses, doctors and other frontline workers have 5yos? Do you not think they are worried? People who are far more at risk than any footballer but they have to work otherwise people will starve, get no medication etc.

Is Deeney's 5yo more important than any other footballers? So yet again- why him, the person I wouldve guessed out of every single footballer? He's playing people like a fiddle.

IF his child already has symptoms its nothing to do with training 100% fact.

IF his child contracts the disease following training (please god he / she doesnt) then Deeney hasn't followed the appropriate instructions.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 04:03:27 PM by Atomic »

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9023 on: May 19, 2020, 04:01:58 PM »
Regards Deeney. If he doesn't want to play furlough him on 2 and a half grand a month he'll soon be back in training. Same with any other player.

Back to the pertinent question on this thread from AF, I believe today is the day Romelu Lukaku hit a hat trick in Fergie's final game.  Albion 5-5 Manchester United.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9024 on: May 19, 2020, 04:05:18 PM »
Regards Deeney. If he doesn't want to play furlough him on 2 and a half grand a month he'll soon be back in training. Same with any other player.

Yep. Better still tell him what employers are telling employees, stay off work but don't get paid. Watch his attitude change then.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 04:11:02 PM by Atomic »