Author Topic: The Hawthorns : Away fan experience of West Brom  (Read 4236 times)

thegroundhopper

• WBA Newbie

The Hawthorns : Away fan experience of West Brom
« on: April 09, 2018, 03:20:53 PM »
Hi West Brom fans,

Swansea fan here, got to say we were lucky to get a point and looks like we might be dragged back into the relegation spaces after that result

Here's a video for you to watch of the experiences for a away fan at The Hawthorns covering opinions of the club and ground, hope you enjoy it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuA6Vq_aJBY&t=1s

Nice one, let me know what you think...  ;D
The Groundhopper

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

Re: The Hawthorns : Away fan experience of West Brom
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 04:52:06 PM »
To my knowledge the first time anything like that has been posted on here. Very interesting, thank you and good luck with the run-in.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 05:00:14 PM »
Good to watch mate. It's the first footage i've actually seen of the game so seeing the goal we conceded was disappointing, we used to be great in both boxes from corners and now we're pants.

Lots of empty seats, i saw somewhere that it was over 23,000 - no chance!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 05:36:26 PM »
Interesting watch and you'll go far with that commentary..... 'that's f*****g sh*t' - perfectly summed up !

Really surprised that Swansea didn't go for it more but I guess the Sunday results made it a good weekend for you anyway.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 07:51:25 PM »
Good Video I commented about Those Words You Read out You Sat in The Smethwick End The End Opposite is the Brummie Road End
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 08:15:40 PM »
If anyone is interested in this sort of stuff, this website is for away fans to review and comment on their matchday experiences at the different grounds: http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/premier-league/the-hawthorns-west-bromwich-albion.html

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 08:19:02 PM »
The words he read out run along the Halfords, not the Brummie Road End.

Points to the lad who posted the video. From memory the gap in the corner between the Smethwick End and what is now the East Stand was left open to allow direct access for emergency vehicles.

Further it seems a little odd for you to highlight our capacity as one of the lowest in the Prem', when the Hawthorns can hold something like 5,000 more than the Liberty.

Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure our capacity is currently greater than Huddersfield, Watford, Burnley, Crystal Palace and Bournemouth too.

Still, I suppose it's all fairly moot as we'll be in the Championship next season anyway  :-X .

All of the best chap  8) .
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 08:21:15 PM by SmethDan »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 09:35:46 PM »

Points to the lad who posted the video. From memory the gap in the corner between the Smethwick End and what is now the East Stand was left open to allow direct access for emergency vehicles.

Further it seems a little odd for you to highlight our capacity as one of the lowest in the Prem', when the Hawthorns can hold something like 5,000 more than the Liberty.

Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure our capacity is currently greater than Huddersfield, Watford, Burnley, Crystal Palace and Bournemouth too.

Still, I suppose it's all fairly moot as we'll be in the Championship next season anyway  :-X .

I think he was referring to the overall % of capacity rather than the stadium capacity.

thegroundhopper

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 10:17:33 PM »
To my knowledge the first time anything like that has been posted on here. Very interesting, thank you and good luck with the run-in.

Nice one cheers, not sure if it's a good idea to post these on opposition fans forums but luckily for me Swansea never seem to win away so can't rub it in peoples faces hahaha

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 10:27:33 PM »
Nice one cheers, not sure if it's a good idea to post these on opposition fans forums but luckily for me Swansea never seem to win away so can't rub it in peoples faces hahaha
You came in peace, and you didn’t gloat. Plus, it was short and to the point. Some of the efforts begin with guys starting out on their journey. I was interested to see the view from your seat. Good luck with what’s left of your season.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 11:04:00 AM »

If you Referenced to me about The Word I know it was The Halfords Lane Stand I was Saying about The Ends which he said were Nice.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 11:14:34 AM »
If you Referenced to me about The Word I know it was The Halfords Lane Stand I was Saying about The Ends which he said were Nice.

Cheers, great, t'rrific.......
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Smooth Lad

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 07:41:56 PM »

Nah there's a spurs fan that used to do them, hilarious his efforts are, it's on youtube somewhere.
Keep St.George in my heart.

thegroundhopper

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 12:02:24 AM »
Good to watch mate. It's the first footage i've actually seen of the game so seeing the goal we conceded was disappointing, we used to be great in both boxes from corners and now we're pants.

Lots of empty seats, i saw somewhere that it was over 23,000 - no chance!

What was the expectation before the game? Did you think there was any chance of a point?

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2018, 02:00:00 AM »
What was the expectation before the game? Did you think there was any chance of a point?
I don’t think we’ve had any expectations for quite a while. Apart from not winning after taking the lead.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Slimbo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 04:36:39 AM »
Always good to see an away fan come to the shrine and give his comments in peace
I drink to forget but I don't forget to drink

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 08:31:34 PM »
Nah there's a spurs fan that used to do them, hilarious his efforts are, it's on youtube somewhere.
But not posted on here
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride