Author Topic: Oliver Burke signs for Sheffield United (Permanent)  (Read 283085 times)

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Oliver Burke
« Reply #1075 on: July 30, 2020, 10:25:53 PM »
It seems like he would be a good 200m sprinter. He should think about it.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1076 on: August 01, 2020, 03:53:51 PM »
It seems like he would be a good 200m sprinter. He should think about it.
No money in it! Ridiculous really!! Pay a bloke £££££££ to run fast and yet fails at his remit!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1077 on: August 01, 2020, 04:42:59 PM »
Thank you tlms-p23 for posting The Athletic article on Ollie and interesting read.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Pelada

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1078 on: August 02, 2020, 09:13:56 AM »
Fascinating article- given the lack of tactical nous but lots of natural ability, it makes you wonder how on Earth dinosaur Pulis happened to be the one who signed him. Talk about against the grain!  :P

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1079 on: August 02, 2020, 09:40:48 AM »
I’d still rather play Burke than Ken!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1080 on: August 02, 2020, 11:47:27 AM »
I’d still rather play Burke than Ken!
Are you good at cards then?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1081 on: August 02, 2020, 01:15:12 PM »
Fascinating article- given the lack of tactical nous but lots of natural ability, it makes you wonder how on Earth dinosaur Pulis happened to be the one who signed him. Talk about against the grain!  :P

Maybe because he (Pulis) May have had a vested interest in the signing.......

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1082 on: August 09, 2020, 07:48:46 PM »
Trabzonsoor interested according to a Nottingham paper. Fingers crossed.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1083 on: August 09, 2020, 11:06:56 PM »
Trabzonsoor interested according to a Nottingham paper. Fingers crossed.

A loan deal being mentioned. I heard the other day on the liquidator podcast that maybe the club are trying to recoup some of the cost through loan fees  before selling him when is in the final year of his deal. I'd sell him now and be done with him personally he is a waste of space

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1084 on: August 09, 2020, 11:11:20 PM »
I think its a case of getting his wages off the books and a fee in some way or another i imagine if theres no permanent bidder.

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1085 on: August 09, 2020, 11:49:17 PM »
The enigma that is Oliver Burke...

Perhaps Nottingham Forest might like him back?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1086 on: August 09, 2020, 11:53:30 PM »
There were some clamouring for his return at forest which is why the local papers were reporting on him.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1087 on: August 09, 2020, 11:56:34 PM »
There's something about Burke that I like. There's a player in there somewhere. Somewhere. Somewhere very deep. Pity Jacques Cousteau's dead as he could have come in handy  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1088 on: August 10, 2020, 12:52:24 PM »
There's something about Burke that I like. There's a player in there somewhere. Somewhere. Somewhere very deep. Pity Jacques Cousteau's dead as he could have come in handy  ;D .

I want to agree with this, but sadly cant do so. I have rarely seen someone in top level football with such a lack of awareness in terms of positions to take up with and without the ball. His physicality is good and his pace is phenomenal but seems lacking in grey matter. Ball control is not great either. We need to move him on.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1089 on: August 10, 2020, 01:06:41 PM »
All the physical attributes and Raw ability but no brain or talent.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1090 on: August 10, 2020, 01:16:26 PM »

I would have agreed with this before the League Cup match against Millwall last season. But that was one of the most pathetic performances I've seen in an Albion shirt. Just not bothered.

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1091 on: August 10, 2020, 01:17:03 PM »

Hollywood director James Cameron enjoys deep-sea exploration.

Maybe he can find Burkey.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1092 on: August 10, 2020, 01:27:20 PM »
Sometimes wonder if opposition club scouts read these forums. In which case, it may well knock a few million off players' valuation.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1093 on: August 10, 2020, 01:31:51 PM »
All the physical attributes and Raw ability but no brain or talent.

His lack of a 'football brain' seems to be the main theme from all his clubs bar Forest.
It's definitely something that can be learned but whether Burke wants to learn it is another question.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1094 on: August 10, 2020, 01:47:46 PM »
Sometimes wonder if opposition club scouts read these forums. In which case, it may well knock a few million off players' valuation.

Well if I was a scout I would. The club certainly do and I have no doubt the players look as well.

Sometimes there is no better judge than the fans, and if we say someone is gash then I am sure they will look at it.....
MAGA!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1095 on: August 10, 2020, 02:13:30 PM »
Well if I was a scout I would. The club certainly do and I have no doubt the players look as well.

Sometimes there is no better judge than the fans, and if we say someone is gash then I am sure they will look at it.....
In that case, I think he's magic! Great first touch, brain like Messi and an eye for goal on a par with Pele!! The only reason we haven't played him he's just too good for the rest of our team who are all rubbish, especially Pereira, he's very poor, wouldn't pay him in washers

Don't tell anyone though  ;)

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1096 on: August 10, 2020, 02:23:48 PM »
For me he just highlights everything that is wrong with English scouting. They are after Pace, Power and Physically strong players. Without these attributes Burke wouldn't have had the chance to play professionally.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Raymond John

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1097 on: August 10, 2020, 02:36:11 PM »

If the club does how come we signed Austin and Zohore given the comments by the Southampton and Cardiff fans.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1098 on: August 10, 2020, 02:57:56 PM »

I know I shouldn't be but I'm quietly impressed with the amount of whooshes the quoted post has attracted  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1099 on: August 16, 2020, 11:12:43 AM »
I'd be pleased if we can get £2m or £3m for the guy, just to get his wages of the books.