Author Topic: 2 Feb 2019 Albion 2 Middlesbrough 3  (Read 58035 times)

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #400 on: February 03, 2019, 06:02:27 PM »
Hugill should have gone yesterday. He got pulled up for three challenges on our defenders, dived in the area, and didn't even get a booking out of it.

Refs should know what Pulis sides are going to be like, and clamp down on it.

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #401 on: February 03, 2019, 06:21:18 PM »
Bloody disappointing. When we got the first goal back I thought we had it in the bag.

wappingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #402 on: February 04, 2019, 09:20:02 AM »
as others have said already its all about clinging on to a top 6 place and fingers crossed for play offs

hopefully we get our revenge over TP in the game that counts most

to be fair to him he was very dignified in his comments post match - would have been easier for him to be far more smug.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #403 on: February 04, 2019, 12:42:46 PM »
His 'performance' was a working model of incompetence.

What an absolute fkwhit.

I lost count the amount of times he stopped the whole game, to call a Middlesbrough player to him, just for a warning.

Usually after a cynical foul from behind which warranted a yellow.

He could and should have stamped that out from the start rather than allowing it to fester.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #404 on: February 04, 2019, 12:46:41 PM »
Bottled the big decisions. Hugill should have seen red for the elbow on Dawson, never mind the numerous cynical fouls and the blatant dive.

Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #405 on: February 04, 2019, 12:49:05 PM »
Having seen the goals again I still believe Barry was at fault for the first like Johnstone . The attempt at stopping the shot was poor as well , should be stopping that.
Second isn't great keeping and some poor work from Dawson.
Third I don't blame Johnstone too much , looks like Brunt's made the call and trys to smash it which 99 times out of a 100 he does.
I will say Holgate doesn't cover himself in glory eithier .
Poor defending from two players you don't expect and as a unit in a game we almost looked comfortable in .
Pulis really does have something over us.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #406 on: February 04, 2019, 05:23:32 PM »
Having seen the goals again I still believe Barry was at fault for the first like Johnstone . The attempt at stopping the shot was poor as well , should be stopping that.
Second isn't great keeping and some poor work from Dawson.
Third I don't blame Johnstone too much , looks like Brunt's made the call and trys to smash it which 99 times out of a 100 he does.
I will say Holgate doesn't cover himself in glory eithier .
Poor defending from two players you don't expect and as a unit in a game we almost looked comfortable in .
Pulis really does have something over us.

I think first goal is poor all round, Johnstone should have been aware that Barry would be closed down, Barry should have gone to the ball rather than away and at least one of the other nine (ten including Johnstone) should have given Barry a shout to let him know he was being closed down, complete cock up all round.

The second Holgate was so far out of position its unbelievable and the third poor communication but Brunt sdhould be doing better.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #407 on: February 04, 2019, 07:10:46 PM »
From the replay, it look to me that Barry was aware of the man closing him down and tried to flick the ball past him. Unfortunately, momentarily, he took his eye of the ball, missed the flick and his pocket was picked
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #408 on: February 04, 2019, 08:15:44 PM »
Does anything think that Rodriguez got a flick to Gayle’s shot at goal. Whilst he hasn’t claimed it it sure looks to me that he flicks it and this causes the ball to deviate from its path and into the net

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #409 on: February 04, 2019, 08:54:06 PM »
Does anything think that Rodriguez got a flick to Gayle’s shot at goal. Whilst he hasn’t claimed it it sure looks to me that he flicks it and this causes the ball to deviate from its path and into the net
I thought the same.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.