Author Topic: 12 Jan 2019 Albion 1 Norwich City 1  (Read 42846 times)

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2019, 08:25:04 AM »
I have one senior ticket available as I won’t be back in the country. Good seat in D2 of West stand. Any baggie can have it for a tender, I can get it posted first class to you, e mail me with your details.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Team
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2019, 08:50:45 AM »
Can't see Harper starting. He'll likely make the bench, but just don't think DM would put him in. Would love to see how he handles it though.

And I don't see Bartley being reduced to cup games. I think he'll be in.

They seemed to suggest a few weeks back that 4 at the back would only be temporary.

If we play 4 at the back against Norwich then we will have played it in the same amount of games as we played 3 at the back. With a back 3 we lost 4 drew 3 and won 6, with a back 4 we've lost 2, drew 4, won 7. We've kept 2 clean sheets with a back 4 and only 1 clean sheet with a back 3.

I'm not against 3 at the back but we need the right players for it and we don't have them at present.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2019, 08:55:25 AM »
317 tickets left, with 3 full days to go and walk up on Saturday it’s definitely going to sell out. Don’t remember tickets selling like this for home games since probably the first premier league season

I think it's largely down to Darren Moore and the feel good factor he's brought back to the club. Not just Darren but the whole club now is keen to promote the "Albion family" thing which creates a togetherness and a sense of pride. Winning games obviously helps as well. You do get grumblings on social media, you'll always get that no matter what, but generally it's a good time to be an Albion fan.

Pulis was strangling the hell out of the club and it takes time to recover from that.

At the start of the week the tickets for the Norwich game were selling like hot cakes. Now we're down to restricted views and single seats the rate of sales naturally slows down a bit (we need a larger stadium) but we'll easily sell out. Had we had a West Stand to match the East Stand I'm sure we'd have sold many more tickets.

Let's just hope we don't let the full house down and put in a drab performance and get turned over. That would be typical, typical Albion.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2019, 11:14:12 AM »
Johnstone

Holgate
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs

Phillips
Barry
Morrison

Gayle
Rodriguez
Barnes

Myhill, Adarabioyo, Brunt, Harper, Hoolahan, Sako, Robson-Kanu

I know a lot of people would like to see Harper but I actually think we've looked at our best wit Morrison, Phillips and one of Barry or Livermore holding.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2019, 11:59:36 AM »
Johnstone

Holgate
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs

Phillips
Barry
Morrison

Gayle
Rodriguez
Barnes

Myhill, Adarabioyo, Brunt, Harper, Hoolahan, Sako, Robson-Kanu

I know a lot of people would like to see Harper but I actually think we've looked at our best wit Morrison, Phillips and one of Barry or Livermore holding.
Whilst you are right and we have looked decent with Mozza in the side, i really think Harper deserves a chance, so would go the same side with that one change.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2019, 12:38:16 PM »
How restricted are views in the back left of the Brummie?! Thinking of a last minute purchase but struggling to find 2 seats together for me and my dad!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2019, 12:38:24 PM »
243 tickets left, getting mine on Friday on payday hopefully. Another sellout hopefully.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2019, 12:43:16 PM »
At the start of the week the tickets for the Norwich game were selling like hot cakes. Now we're down to restricted views and single seats the rate of sales naturally slows down a bit (we need a larger stadium) but we'll easily sell out. Had we had a West Stand to match the East Stand I'm sure we'd have sold many more tickets.

Must disagree that we need a larger stadium sorry. How many times have we sold out the current stadium well in advance?? (very very rarely) I love the club and never miss a home game but I honestly feel the ground is big enough as it is.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2019, 12:47:51 PM »
Naturally the form over the season and the Moore feel good factor help but I don't think you can get away from the superbly priced tickets this season . Familes can go and not be ripped off , really think its the best value ticket price in the league.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2019, 12:48:51 PM »

Must disagree that we need a larger stadium sorry. How many times have we sold out the current stadium well in advance?? (very very rarely) I love the club and never miss a home game but I honestly feel the ground is big enough as it is.

All we have available are single seats and restricted views. That means there will be families that cannot come to the game on Saturday. We shouldn't be turning people away these families are the future support of the club. The new stand should've been built during our run in the Premier League then we wouldn't be having this problem.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2019, 12:50:42 PM »

All we have available are single seats and restricted views. That means there will be families that cannot come to the game on Saturday. We shouldn't be turning people away these families are the future support of the club. The new stand should've been built during our run in the Premier League then we wouldn't be having this problem.

what are charging Norwich fans ? should be the full £30 in my opinion (based on what they charge us)
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2019, 12:54:57 PM »
what are charging Norwich fans ? should be the full £30 in my opinion (based on what they charge us)

£20 for adults

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2019, 01:07:59 PM »

This will be the 5th home game this season that’s sold out in the home ends. How many people are put off going because they can’t sit together in a group or by there friends, how many families are put off because they can’t sit together, how many people are put off because the tickets that are left are rubbish seats?

The demand would definitely be there for a bigger stadium. If you had to choose between transfer activity or a new stand then I would choose players coming in 100%

smethwick2

• Youth Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2019, 01:27:55 PM »
I would be disappointed if the fans react badly should Harper not start, after all, he hasn't started all season and we have done pretty well. Don't get me wrong, based on his performance against Wigan and Livermore's suspension, I think he should, but, to use his non selection as a stick to beat Moore with before a ball is kicked, in such an important game, would be madness.
You've also picked out Leko and Hoolahan because they also played well but so did Bartley, should he, therefore start?
We had a great result, against a poor Wigan side, but this is the most important game of the season so far and we need our best 11 out there and, just as importantly, our best 23k in the stands.
COYB.
3-1

Seconded, I want Harper to start as much as anyone but I'm an Albion fan not a Harper fan and the 3 points is the only real objective

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2019, 03:59:00 PM »
Blackburn did score direct from a corner which the goal
keeper has to accept some blame.

As others have said, it looks like he was fouled by two Blackburn players, even being bundled into the net. It's hard to say for sure though.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2019, 04:28:05 PM »
As others have said, it looks like he was fouled by two Blackburn players, even being bundled into the net. It's hard to say for sure though.

I'm pretty sure he never thought you now what, I'm going to defend this corner from 2 yards behind my goal line.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2019, 05:25:02 PM »
I'm pretty sure he never thought you now what, I'm going to defend this corner from 2 yards behind my goal line.

Not a foul. He just wasn't strong enough.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2019, 08:39:49 AM »
East Stand         31
Brummie Road   119
West Stand        1
Smethwick         Sold Out

Remaining:         151

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2019, 10:45:02 AM »
130 left now, hurry up payday!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2019, 11:40:59 AM »
This will be the 5th home game this season that’s sold out in the home ends. How many people are put off going because they can’t sit together in a group or by there friends, how many families are put off because they can’t sit together, how many people are put off because the tickets that are left are rubbish seats?

The demand would definitely be there for a bigger stadium. If you had to choose between transfer activity or a new stand then I would choose players coming in 100%

fans paying for tickets is largely an irrelevance nowadays, better to sit in Quanzhou and see a medium sized full stadium than a large half empty one !
Albion Family !!!

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2019, 12:03:24 PM »
fans paying for tickets is largely an irrelevance nowadays, better to sit in Quanzhou and see a medium sized full stadium than a large half empty one !

I do get your point but it’s not as though we’re going to build a 45k seater stadium. Im talking about adding 3500 seats. 30k Max. Which would give us space to fill for big games and also wouldn’t look half empty if we were getting 22k for midweek games

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2019, 12:24:45 PM »
If Harper plays anything like as effective as he did v Wigan, he should be in the starting line up. He gives more pace and cutting edge from midfield, than the other likely alternatives.   
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2019, 12:40:25 PM »
I do get your point but it’s not as though we’re going to build a 45k seater stadium. Im talking about adding 3500 seats. 30k Max. Which would give us space to fill for big games and also wouldn’t look half empty if we were getting 22k for midweek games
yes but where? BRE, SME and Rainbow (old school me) would be major undertakings and the halfords lane would have to be a second tier, the costs would be untenable whichever option !
Albion Family !!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2019, 12:47:10 PM »
East Stand         31
Brummie Road   119
West Stand        1
Smethwick         Sold Out

Remaining:         151

Just been on the main site and two tickets for the Smeth' have been returned.

Blocks B5 x 1 and B6 x 1.

Edit:

As of 13:47hrs.

Smeth = 1
Halfords = 3
Brummie = 87
East Stand = 17

Total= 108 remaining tickets for those with an interest.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 01:48:02 PM by SmethDan »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2019, 01:51:21 PM »
Less than 100 left now.

These returning tickets are a pain  ::)