Odemwingie
0 (0%)
Tchoyi
0 (0%)
Vela
1 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Voting closed: March 04, 2011, 10:31:44 PM

Author Topic: 28 Feb 2010 Stoke City 1 Albion 1  (Read 209464 times)

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

Re: The Royston jigg
« Reply #875 on: March 01, 2011, 05:00:05 PM »
Watched the highlights when i got back and i have to say it was possibly the funniest celebration i've ever seen  ;D  ;D AMAZING
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Albion fans last night
« Reply #876 on: March 01, 2011, 05:01:41 PM »
Fantastic atmosphere we had last night, thoroughly enjoyed it. The towel, the beach ball, the hoof everything was amazing and it was a top top effort, good to see deano getting involved too
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Steven Reid
« Reply #877 on: March 01, 2011, 05:02:16 PM »
Quality, sums him up really just seems like a great cool headed footballer

westbrom87

• Senior Baggie

Re: How many fans did we take to stoke ?
« Reply #878 on: March 01, 2011, 05:02:18 PM »
A thousand at most, but we made plenty of noise.  Monday night, telly, and its NOT a derby, unless you call east Midlands vs. west Midlands a Derby.

oooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh HHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #879 on: March 01, 2011, 05:03:09 PM »
I would say there was more than nine hundred, I would say there was about 1,400.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Pride, passion, organisation, belief
« Reply #880 on: March 01, 2011, 05:04:41 PM »
So proud of the boys last night, played their hearts out and ran their backsides into the ground for us, passion was shown from everyone associated with this great club last night, it was one of them night where you were so proud to be a baggie  :)

Also, imo under RDM when we went one down we would have bottled it, passed it around and got nowhere. Roy is changing things and i like it

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Stoke don't play football do they?
« Reply #881 on: March 01, 2011, 05:05:52 PM »
All i can say is... Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof  ;D

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

Re: Stoke don't play football do they?
« Reply #882 on: March 01, 2011, 05:07:07 PM »
3 efforts on target all from set pieces ::)
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #883 on: March 01, 2011, 05:09:32 PM »
I'd say there was around a thousand. 

Was on Sky and we have been mucked about with re-arranged and then provisional dates for this game etc, so was no suprise.  We gave good support though.
"This crack is really moreish."

westbrom87

• Senior Baggie

Re: A couple of observations from last night
« Reply #884 on: March 01, 2011, 05:09:42 PM »
Did he really say that about him?

Well he definitly wouldn't say that now after what Meite did at Bolton.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

Re: Pride, passion, organisation, belief
« Reply #885 on: March 01, 2011, 05:10:15 PM »
hopefully this will be the springboard to help us up the table! roy's style of football might not be pretty but it could very well keep us up! the two late goals we have scored show that they are battling to the very last minute :D

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #886 on: March 01, 2011, 05:10:26 PM »
I've heard 900 mentioned abit. Although, there looked a round a thousand..
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #887 on: March 01, 2011, 05:11:10 PM »
Where to start with this twonk.

For starters there should have been at least 5 minutes of added time in each half due that bloody towel, then you get to the fact that he is the most biased tool i've ever seen ref a football match and he obviously has something in for us, and to sum him up the stokie keeper TWICE moved the ball a good 10ft in front of where the free kick was taken and when meite moves about a yard he blows his whistle and makes him move it back. Hate the guy and hope if we ever have to have him again its in a home game where he will have the whole of the hawthorns to stand up to

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #888 on: March 01, 2011, 05:11:45 PM »
Dorrans played really well yesterday and Vela scored again!We had more chances to win if we can improve the finishing.
But he cost us the goal................ marking the wrong side should have been goal side basic basic defending
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #889 on: March 01, 2011, 05:20:52 PM »
- The team shape and defending training is obviously paying off. I don't think we have looked more organised all season. Keep up the good work, i hope this isn't a one-off for Stoke. Although we looked good defensively against Wolves too.

- Dorrans coming back to his former self.

- Meite - looked great Once labelled the best defender he has ever worked with by Megson. We all knew there was a good player in there somewhere. Maybe we will see him establish himself. Time will tell.

- Bringing on Vela towards the end is a masterstroke. He has a different type of movement, 'the Arsenal movement'. Not a work your socks off and stretch defences Fortune movement. I think defenders adapt to Fortune's game and then when Vela comes on then don't know how to defend against him. How many pockets of space does he find in the box?

- Reid - MOM. Always said if he is fit he should start. Maybe that will happen. I also think he should be made captain if the arm band is what is holding back Brunt.

- Tchoyi - i think he is a more effective option than Thomas at the moment. Thomas ALWAYS has 2 players on him straight away and no disrespect to the lad but no one can play their game under those conditions.

- And did i sense a little bit of passion and desire creeping in last night? This is the most pleasing thing.

Completely agree except for tchoyi, imo he's a coplete waste apart from every now and again where he can do something special

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

Re: olsson
« Reply #890 on: March 01, 2011, 05:22:12 PM »
 This is the sign....

I only go for the beer.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #891 on: March 01, 2011, 05:22:53 PM »
I agree, we certainly look much more composed and assured defensively. I think that'll go down as our best defensive performances of the season. Shame its came at the end of February.

With from what I've saw so far, I'm pleased and I think Hodgson is taking us the right way. I thought the passion and fight was there last night, something of past weeks I've been highly critical of.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

Re: John Carew
« Reply #892 on: March 01, 2011, 05:24:34 PM »
52 grand a week! oh dear so glad we didnt get him :D

DudleyDan

« Reply #893 on: March 01, 2011, 05:37:45 PM »
The afters has created a new chant for the next 10 or so years...

"Where's ya picture gone....where's ya picture gone!!"

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #894 on: March 01, 2011, 05:38:57 PM »
Its quality not quantity  ;)

j_dog_1980

« Reply #895 on: March 01, 2011, 05:45:07 PM »
Monday night, Sky and it was Stoke! Fair play to the ones who were there, as they made some great noise and was great seeing them jumping around like mad heads!  :D

63Brummie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #896 on: March 01, 2011, 05:46:03 PM »
I'd say there was around a thousand. 

Was on Sky and we have been mucked about with rearranged and then provisional dates for this game etc, so was no suprise.  We gave good support though.
That's a good point.
Sky have ****** the game up enough without rescheduling matches as well. >:(
How on earth are fans supposed to plan, things like travel, child minding and accommodation etc if we don't know when the matches will be played :-\
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 06:00:10 PM by Baggies »
Your Football team is the best example of pure unconditional love...that's why I'm a BAGGIE TO THE BONE

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #897 on: March 01, 2011, 05:46:10 PM »
Positives for me:

Carson -  it looks as though the time out of the side has done him good, Stoke is going to be one of the most difficult games in the league for goalkeepers, he dealt well with balls into the box all night, a few kicks went astray but he's clearly been instructed to aim for the flanks so thats understandable. Perhaps he could have done better for the goal but so should Dorrans, 50-50 on the blame for that one.

Reid - we all knew he was solid and dependable but what was most suprising is that he gave us an option going forward. Deserved his man of the match last night. I'm a fan of Jara, I don't think he's done too much wrong for us but if Reid is fit he should play.

Meite - I'm sure I read somewhere that Roy said he was the best defender at the club? Certainly performed like it last night, was dominant in the air against Kenwyne Jones and John Carew. I'd of given him the man of match, top performance considering he had been out for so long. Another who should definately keep his place for Saturday.

Scharner - glad Roy decided not to move him back to centre-half. Not convinced by him in that position. He offers more in midfield that many people realise as well, provided us with a good physical presence and is a danger from set pieces. His partnership with Mulumbu works well even if it means we have to sacrifice and attacking player.

Vela - stil unsure whether he should be used from the start? Wouldn't like to see him upfront on his own particularly I don't think he holds the ball up as well as Fortune or Odemwingie. Perhaps bring him in down the left in place of Thomas who has been wasteful of late.

Fortune - started slowly but played well second half. He holds the ball up well and as the game went on he offered more and more of a goal threat.

Most importantly for me as a group they looked like they were fighting for one another, it appears that Roy has got them battling again. Last night could prove a real turning point, the players look like they believe in Hodgson and believe in his tactics, cause for renewed optimism all round I think.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

Re: olsson
« Reply #898 on: March 01, 2011, 05:46:34 PM »
A fantastic way to end a great night  ;D

BoingBoingTom

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #899 on: March 01, 2011, 05:46:45 PM »
The afters has created a new chant for the next 10 or so years...

"Where's ya picture gone....where's ya picture gone!!"

Qaulity haha.
Im forever going to be a Baggie, and nobody is going to change that! COME ON YOU BAGGIES!