Author Topic: 7 Dec 2018 Albion 2 Aston Villa 2  (Read 64682 times)

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2018, 12:50:39 PM »
Quite: no issue - just a comment.  We can either improve or be complacent.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2018, 12:54:26 PM »
Quite: no issue - just a comment.  We can either improve or be complacent.

In this instance it's the policy which is the issue as opposed to the system itself.

Failure to renew your membership for the start of the season could also be construed as complacency.

Why on earth did you wait until the run up to the Villa game to renew?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2018, 01:15:18 PM »
Need a performance like Leeds at home to beat this lot, their playing well and scoring goals Gayle needs to be in first 11 with HRK being dropped

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2018, 03:20:13 PM »
Without the coward in charge we should have a go at them, Darren knows what beating these can do to his reputation, I think he will go out all guns blazing !  Could be a really exciting game!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2018, 06:17:24 PM »
I think you're more likely to sit in deep and try and hit us on the break. You did Bristol 4-1 playing like that and Leeds.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2018, 07:05:36 PM »
We are unchanged yet again. We can’t keep Gayle on the bench. He’s far too good to be left out of the starting line up.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2018, 07:14:21 PM »
We are unchanged yet again. We can’t keep Gayle on the bench. He’s far too good to be left out of the starting line up.

Agreed. I think the system would work just as well with JRod our wide and Gayle through the middle. Saying that kanu has been winning a lot of free kicks recently.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2018, 07:27:51 PM »
Think it’s a mistake going for the same 11 again we didn’t play particularly well at Swansea especially going forward, I’d drop Jrod for Gayle personally maybe bring Barry in to control the midfield also.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2018, 07:31:39 PM »
For Gayle to play Rodriguez or Barnes will need to be left out. Kanu is imperative to the system as the only left footer and the only physical presence.

For me Rodriguez should be sat on the bench.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2018, 10:43:38 PM »
For Gayle to play Rodriguez or Barnes will need to be left out. Kanu is imperative to the system as the only left footer and the only physical presence.

Almost what Keith Andrews was saying after the game
Gayle doesn't work in the middle of the three , I think HRK looked good again tonight, but he will be the one to miss out
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2018, 10:50:22 PM »

Agreed. Rodriguez is offering absolutely nothing, both have been poor but at least Barnes offers a threat.

Against the Villa I would shore the midfield up a bit though, sit Barry in there alongside Livermore and Morrison and push Phillips to the right wing, Gayle through the middle and Barnes from the left

BlackCountryVilla

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2018, 11:16:52 PM »
I think we'll score at least two against your defence but I also think you'll score at least two against ours. 2-2 or 3-3
Did you know we won the European Cup?

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2018, 11:19:49 PM »
I don't/didn't normally rate HRK, but tonighht showed how much we needed him to hold the ball up. The second half we struggled because there wasn't anyone who could do his job.
Hopefully with his being taken off, he gets a bit of extra rest and comes out all guns firing.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2018, 11:25:46 PM »
Agreed. Rodriguez is offering absolutely nothing, both have been poor but at least Barnes offers a threat.

Against the Villa I would shore the midfield up a bit though, sit Barry in there alongside Livermore and Morrison and push Phillips to the right wing, Gayle through the middle and Barnes from the left

If HRK isn't fit for the game that's what I would be doing. Barry cm and Phillips as the other wide forward. Rodriguez needs dropping for gayle
O Albion we love you

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2018, 11:28:13 PM »
Well they're out of the woodwork again...

We won't be as profligate as tonight. 5 or 6-2 to us.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

Team
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2018, 11:32:17 PM »
If all fit;

Johnstone

Dawson  tosin Hegazi Gibbs

Phillips Livermore Morrison

HRK    Gayle   Barnes

Bench: myhill mears Barry brunt sako Burke Rodriguez

If HRK not fit;

Johnstone

Dawson tosin Hegazi Gibbs

Livermore Barry Morrison

Phillips   Gayle    Barnes

Bench: myhill mears brunt field Burke sako Rodriguez

Tosin done ok at fullback but only time he faced decent winger at Swansea for the last minutes he was run ragged by montero. I dread him v bolasie.

Rodriguez  not delivering at the moment, Gayle isn't a winger he needs to go through the middle.

Need somebody with some presence up top if HRK ain't fit Phillips has shown he can hold the ball Up and would also be a threat on the break.
O Albion we love you

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2018, 11:57:01 PM »
Restricted views on sale now.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2018, 08:01:51 AM »
East Stand                 66
Brummie Road          167 (includes newly on sale restricted view seats)
West Stand                  2
Smethwick                   0

Remaining 235.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2018, 09:11:36 AM »
We must win this game, in terms of both getting points on the board and the obvious.

As Jacko says, they are well and truly out the woodwork again, and rightly so as they have appointed a very promising manager who should be sat in our dugout, but we must silence them.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2018, 09:38:36 AM »
Not as confident as I would have been a couple weeks ago.

They seem to have found their feet under Dean Smith now, which should make for an interesting game.

We could have done with keeping the clean sheet last night, we keep letting in these late goals to lose the clean sheet, it may start to play on the players minds a little when we get into the last 10/15 of games.

Got a feeling it will be a draw, 1-1.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

Re: Team
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2018, 09:53:58 AM »
I'm going to pick the team with the understanding HRK wont be fit enough to start:

Johnstone

Tosin
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs

Livermore
Barry
Morrison

Phillips
Gayle
Barnes

With HRK's presence being removed, I think Phillips will need to be pushed further forward, slot Barry in to try to control the middle of the park.

That's the team I would like to see. I cant imagine DM will drop Rodriguez though so we may see the same team as yesterday but with Gayle replacing HRK.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2018, 09:57:21 AM »
I'm going to pick the team with the understanding HRK wont be fit enough to start:

Johnstone

Tosin
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs

Livermore
Barry
Morrison

Phillips
Gayle
Barnes

With HRK's presence being removed, I think Phillips will need to be pushed further forward, slot Barry in to try to control the middle of the park.

That's the team I would like to see. I cant imagine DM will drop Rodriguez though so we may see the same team as yesterday but with Gayle replacing HRK.

Nailed it.

Exactly the team we should play.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2018, 10:04:49 AM »
Interesting to see people suggesting Phillips moving forward in the event of Robson-Kanu being out. I wouldn't disagree with that. HRK clearly picked up an injury last night and with only three days recovery time I wouldn't consider him for selection. So team v Villa:

Johnstone

Adarabioyo           Dawson                Hegazi                       Gibbs

Morrison         Livermore             Barry

Phillips                             Rodriguez                                  Barnes

Subs: Myhill, Mears, Brunt, Harper, Gayle, Burke, Hoolahan.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2018, 10:20:51 AM »

Johnstone

Tosin
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs

Livermore
Barry
Morrison

Phillips
Gayle
Barnes

Spot on, and even if HRK was fully fit I would still go with this.
MAGA!

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2018, 10:53:02 AM »
We're currently creating 20 plus chances on average a game. The way we are at the moment, teams are needing to put a big score on us to take a point.

I'd be surprised if we didn't get 2 or 3 at least given the way you defend and how good we are going forwards. Whether that's good enough to actually win us the game though is another matter.