Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2535178 times)

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1350 on: November 25, 2014, 03:10:43 PM »
Don't know all the facts but could be that elected for a blood test, which takes time for blood results to come back. He would have been bailed to return after the blood results are received  and then he would be charged with an offence. Then he gets bailed to appear at court depending on the reading.

Fair point. Blood tests are usually only offered when they're only just over the limit.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1351 on: November 25, 2014, 03:15:12 PM »
How many on here have driven after drinking, I suspect I have, I also suspect more than 50% will have, probably closer to 80%. :-\
Baggie in Southampton

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1352 on: November 25, 2014, 03:25:36 PM »
How many on here have driven after drinking, I suspect I have, I also suspect more than 50% will have, probably closer to 80%. :-\

If you counter in the fact that alcohol is still in the system for 24 hours, someone who has been out on the lash until 3-4am and then got up at 9-10am and driven somewhere is still 'under the influence'.

But then im guessing IF Saido is found guilty, its because hes been drinking and then driven home.

Two totally different ends of the spectrum.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1353 on: November 25, 2014, 03:33:49 PM »
If you counter in the fact that alcohol is still in the system for 24 hours, someone who has been out on the lash until 3-4am and then got up at 9-10am and driven somewhere is still 'under the influence'.

But then im guessing IF Saido is found guilty, its because hes been drinking and then driven home.

Well not really, if know you are driving the next day, lets not all get too 'Holier than Thou' on here.
Baggie in Southampton

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1354 on: November 25, 2014, 03:36:15 PM »
So much for being grateful and respectful. If he has to go to jail then so be it the kid clearly hasn't learned a lesson. Its a shame what money can do (if you let it)

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1355 on: November 25, 2014, 03:40:08 PM »

If you know you are going to be driving the next day you should either plan out for someone else to drive you or you dont drink knowing you are driving the following day. Its not rocket science.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1356 on: November 25, 2014, 03:58:53 PM »
Allegedly 110 miles an hour while drunk . What if somebody had been killed . He's got the money to pay a driver . So if guilty I hope he gets the book thrown at him .

There can be no argument about that.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1357 on: November 25, 2014, 04:04:26 PM »
He's an idiot for driving at 110mph, but at his age I would have probably done the same, although my Metro shook at 70!
If he had been drinking then that goes beyond youthful exuberance and becomes totally irresponsible and unacceptable.
I hope it turns out to be incorrect and that is the reason for the apparent delay, but if he is found guilty then he should face jail and we should get rid.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1358 on: November 25, 2014, 04:09:06 PM »
If he's guilty then he's no better than Lee Hughes; only luckier that he didn't crash, there really isn't much difference other than luck (if true).

Out of interest, if he is guilty, would it mean definite jail time, and if so when would he be jailed I.e. this season?

As big a talent that he is, I think we should sell at the end of the season regardless.

mrmojorisin

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1359 on: November 25, 2014, 04:25:12 PM »
First of all, all the reports talk of "suspicion" of drink driving and "allegedly" travelling at 100mph.  At this stage, he is innocent until proven guilty.  Reports also say he is to appear at a police custody suite where, I presume, they will decide whether to charge him.  Clearly he has not yet appeared in court.

If he has been speeding at between 101 and 110 mph on a motorway then the court can fine (based on earnings) and disqualify  for between 7 and 56 days or put 6 points on the licence.  If the speed was above 110 mph it is in the magistrates' discretion to increase those penalties.

If he was driving over the drink/drive limit then the punishment at the lowest end of the scale will be a hefty fine and a ban of between 12 and 16 months.  At the highest end of the scale the punishment will range from a high level community order to 26 weeks in prison plus a driving ban of between 29 and 36 months.

But, to repeat, at this stage nothing has been proven.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1360 on: November 25, 2014, 04:27:03 PM »
First of all, all the reports talk of "suspicion" of drink driving and "allegedly" travelling at 100mph.  At this stage, he is innocent until proven guilty.  Reports also say he is to appear at a police custody suite where, I presume, they will decide whether to charge him.  Clearly he has not yet appeared in court.

If he has been speeding at between 101 and 110 mph on a motorway then the court can fine (based on earnings) and disqualify  for between 7 and 56 days or put 6 points on the licence.  If the speed was above 110 mph it is in the magistrates' discretion to increase those penalties.

If he was driving over the drink/drive limit then the punishment at the lowest end of the scale will be a hefty fine and a ban of between 12 and 16 months.  At the highest end of the scale the punishment will range from a high level community order to 26 weeks in prison plus a driving ban of between 29 and 36 months.

But, to repeat, at this stage nothing has been proven.

Nothing has been proven I agree, but the story hasn't come from nowhere.

As the old saying goes - no smoke without fire.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1361 on: November 25, 2014, 04:44:08 PM »

At worse he will he get a ban and a fine.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1362 on: November 25, 2014, 04:46:04 PM »
Yeah he won't go to jail simply for drink driving and speeding. If he killed someone then definitely.

A driving ban and a fine will be all that he gets (if guilty).

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1363 on: November 25, 2014, 05:02:50 PM »
I thought he had improved his attitude this season after a meeting with Irvine had put him on the straight and narrow.... Don't want to start a big discussion but wasn't Saido's form and new attitude about the only thing Irvine had earned credit for this season? I can understand him drinking I have to have several beers just to stomach 90 minutes of Irvine on a Saturday but I've the sense not to get behind a wheel.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1364 on: November 25, 2014, 05:28:23 PM »
Nothing has been proven I agree, but the story hasn't come from nowhere.

As the old saying goes - no smoke without fire.

how do our transfer rumors work then? none seem to ever be right, or even in the same ball park as what is reported. It won't be the first time the Sun will have made up a story, either.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1365 on: November 25, 2014, 05:42:01 PM »
how do our transfer rumors work then? none seem to ever be right, or even in the same ball park as what is reported. It won't be the first time the Sun will have made up a story, either.

There is a photo of Berahino pulled over at the roadside in his Evoque. I'd say that means something. I can see where you are coming from though trying to defend our player and airing on the side of caution.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1366 on: November 25, 2014, 06:09:26 PM »
If guilty I would expect a driving ban and fine but Polish lorry driver just got 8 weeks , fine and ban . He was three times over the limit and driving the wrong way down the M6 in a HGV., though.
If guilty he is an idiot.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1367 on: November 25, 2014, 06:19:13 PM »
There is a photo of Berahino pulled over at the roadside in his Evoque. I'd say that means something. I can see where you are coming from though trying to defend our player and airing on the side of caution.

That the picture in the Sun? Sure when I read it earlier the caption said something along the lines of Berahino wearing a hoodie in Birmingham so it wasn't from when he was pulled over.

Saying there is no smoke without fire is a little silly, its confirmed he was arrested and what for but he is a Premier League player just broken into the England squad so it wasn't going to stay quiet for long.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1368 on: November 25, 2014, 06:21:22 PM »
Fair point. Blood tests are usually only offered when they're only just over the limit.

Unless he refused to take a breath test at the road side. Just to make it clear I'm certainly not saying that is what he has done.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1369 on: November 25, 2014, 06:23:16 PM »

I would imagine that many on here have driven after drinking but I guess the difference is those on here probably didn't go speeding down a motorway at 110mph whilst allegedly drunk.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1370 on: November 25, 2014, 06:26:19 PM »
I would imagine that many on here have driven after drinking but I guess the difference is those on here probably didn't go speeding down a motorway at 110mph whilst allegedly drunk.
Or earn enough to have ten taxi's take him home if he wanted. Brainless.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1371 on: November 25, 2014, 06:33:22 PM »

Allegedly speeding at 110mph whilst allegedly drunk.  ;D
Baggie in Southampton

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1372 on: November 25, 2014, 06:34:33 PM »
That the picture in the Sun? Sure when I read it earlier the caption said something along the lines of Berahino wearing a hoodie in Birmingham so it wasn't from when he was pulled over.

Saying there is no smoke without fire is a little silly, its confirmed he was arrested and what for but he is a Premier League player just broken into the England squad so it wasn't going to stay quiet for long.

Ah right ok, didn't clock that about the picture being in Birmingham. Apologies.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1373 on: November 25, 2014, 06:40:07 PM »
Allegedly speeding at 110mph whilst allegedly drunk.  ;D

Yeah, I should have put that.  :D

It seems strange that he was pulled up and yet there was no mention of him being breathlysed. Wouldn't they have mentioned that on the Police statement which was issued?

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1374 on: November 25, 2014, 06:47:48 PM »
Yeah, I should have put that.  :D

It seems strange that he was pulled up and yet there was no mention of him being breathlysed. Wouldn't they have mentioned that on the Police statement which was issued?

As he is reporting back to the Police beginning of Dec, I suspect this is far from clear cut.
Baggie in Southampton