Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2229924 times)

BlackCountryVilla

• Youth Baggie

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #375 on: June 13, 2011, 10:33:06 AM »
If Lerner wants a massive backlash, and i mean massive, and wants gates below 30,000 then McLeish is the man. Our message boards have gone into meltdown at the mere prospect of him becoming manager, if Lerner is stupid enough to employ him the rubbish will hit the fan big time. The vast majority have said they will take their season tickets back or won't renew and everyone i've spoke to has said the same. Lerner will lose the fans if he does this, he will completely alienate everyone and show he doesn't understand us and the majority will turn against him. The fact Mcleish was at Blues is a big thing for some, for me the issue is that he's a poor manager. The Blues fans are hoping we get him and are laughing at us which tells you everything, he got them relegated twice and every nose i've spoke to says he played the worst, most negative football ever seen at The Sty (and they've seen some garbage in their time). His record in the Premier League is shocking and that above anything else means he isn't good enough for us.
Did you know we won the European Cup?

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #376 on: June 13, 2011, 10:39:28 AM »
Say again???
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #377 on: June 13, 2011, 10:51:39 AM »
If Lerner wants a massive backlash, and i mean massive, and wants gates below 30,000 then McLeish is the man. Our message boards have gone into meltdown at the mere prospect of him becoming manager, if Lerner is stupid enough to employ him the rubbish will hit the fan big time. The vast majority have said they will take their season tickets back or won't renew and everyone i've spoke to has said the same. Lerner will lose the fans if he does this, he will completely alienate everyone and show he doesn't understand us and the majority will turn against him. The fact Mcleish was at Blues is a big thing for some, for me the issue is that he's a poor manager. The Blues fans are hoping we get him and are laughing at us which tells you everything, he got them relegated twice and every nose i've spoke to says he played the worst, most negative football ever seen at The Sty (and they've seen some garbage in their time). His record in the Premier League is shocking and that above anything else means he isn't good enough for us.
i still reckon it to be only an outside chance tbh. so many names flying round atm and youd think randy has more sense than that

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #378 on: June 13, 2011, 11:02:13 AM »
A few reasons that i find it ridiculous that Villa would even consider giving McLeish the job:

1 - He's got the Blues relegated twice from the Prem in a relatively short period of time.

2 - He's been the manager of Villa's bitter same city rivals up until yesterday.

3 - He'd cost Villa compensation money as Blues won't let him just walk into their city rivals without a fight.

4 - His style of football is boring and they struggle tactically to become more positive when going a goal down.

5 - I think it's been said that Hughes had been ruled out by Villa as he walked out on Fulham. The same logic would surely be used in this case?

6 - Surely their are better candidates in the premier league who would be attracted to the job should they be pursued. If not, there are plenty of managers proving to be successful abroad and in our lower leagues.

I couldn't give you a name but i wouldn't have thought Moyes would leave Everton for Villa. Apparently he's been on record saying that he wants to achieve some sort of success at Everton (maybe a cup win) before he leaves. Also, when the financial fair play rules come in at some point in the near future, will Villa be in a position to spend a lot more than Everton? I doubt it. This is modern day football though and money talks. Doubling his wages may convince anyone.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #379 on: June 13, 2011, 11:04:36 AM »
Is randy a Blue Nose in disguise? Bringing down the enemy from within! :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Cunningham

« Reply #380 on: June 13, 2011, 11:07:12 AM »
Why would Moyes leave Everton for Villa? Its a sideways step at best isn't it? There's nothing really to gain for him that I can see. It'd be a strange one but hey strange things do happen.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #381 on: June 13, 2011, 11:17:53 AM »
A lot of money being placed on Bob Bradley this morning apparantly, so if you're a gambler get in now while the odds are high!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #382 on: June 13, 2011, 11:28:38 AM »
A lot of money being placed on Bob Bradley this morning apparantly, so if you're a gambler get in now while the odds are high!

I had a five on him yesterday funnily enough. 50/1 on paddy power

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #383 on: June 13, 2011, 11:56:10 AM »
Hope the get Macca, for all the wrong reasons of course  ;D
But looking at it sesnsibly, would he want to manage in a city where the fans of the team that you are going to manage hate you as much as the fans of the team that you have just left?
Non starter imo
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 12:28:15 PM by tuamigos »
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #384 on: June 13, 2011, 12:35:58 PM »
I think the McLeish to Villa rumours are pretty convenient for Villa to take their time while they work on their real targets.

astle68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #385 on: June 13, 2011, 01:37:18 PM »
I think the McLeish to Villa rumours are pretty convenient for Villa to take their time while they work on their real targets.
But why else would he resign?

It would be a good trick to pull as pretty much anyone would look good to Vile fans now, but I just can't see McLeish not ending up there after resigning.

AlbionLegend

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #386 on: June 13, 2011, 01:44:01 PM »

Apparently a lot of American fans want Bradley to leave as well.
I've got those West Bromwich Blues!

Rich99

« Reply #387 on: June 13, 2011, 01:49:52 PM »
Bob Bradley ;D  Could he sound more American

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #388 on: June 13, 2011, 01:53:29 PM »
Bob Bradley ;D  Could he sound more American

Doesn't his son play for the Vile now?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Rich99

« Reply #389 on: June 13, 2011, 01:56:17 PM »
Doesn't his son play for the Vile now?

I have no idea...

...he's on loan there according to wiki.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #390 on: June 13, 2011, 02:29:14 PM »
But why else would he resign?

It would be a good trick to pull as pretty much anyone would look good to Vile fans now, but I just can't see McLeish not ending up there after resigning.

Because his chairman (?) bought Marlon King without any discussion and he is aware of the financial difficulties that the Blues may be in ?  :-X
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #391 on: June 13, 2011, 02:40:42 PM »
this thing with moyes, sure he hasn't re-signed rather than resigned?, easy thing to be mistaken
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #392 on: June 13, 2011, 05:01:00 PM »
Blues have rejected the resignation...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13747057.stm

What happens now?!

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #393 on: June 13, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »
Blues have rejected the resignation...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13747057.stm

What happens now?!
He goes on garden leave, unable to talk to other clubs until they meet Blues compensation value (i think!)
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #394 on: June 13, 2011, 05:52:24 PM »
The talk is that they will ask for over £5m in compensation for him should anyone want him. I hope he enjoys his time off  :-X

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #395 on: June 13, 2011, 05:54:47 PM »
official the Vile want to talk to McLeish :D
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #396 on: June 13, 2011, 06:30:11 PM »
official the Vile want to talk to McLeish :D

Not quite. All they've said is they will talk to him if they want too.

No official approach has been made.  ;)

baggiejules

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #397 on: June 13, 2011, 06:43:41 PM »
They are all talking on Facebook of getting a protest going on at Villa Park. God I hope they go and do it. SSN would make brilliant viewing.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #398 on: June 13, 2011, 06:45:13 PM »
On SSN now they have made an enquiry over mcleish oh the joys  ;D

Going to sixth form today has been quite frankly delightful, all i've hear all day is moaning vile fans saying the club would never even consider mcleish.................and now they look like even bigger ****s 

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #399 on: June 13, 2011, 07:07:37 PM »
defo said on central news that villa want to speak to Mcleish. god i hope this happens!