Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2243953 times)

BlackCountryVilla

• Youth Baggie

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #1350 on: May 17, 2012, 04:04:32 PM »
Mad Mick's odds are on the slide, boooo. It would have been worth it happening just for a laugh!

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was around 40/1 at the start of today, he's now into odds on favourite at nearly all bookies. Theres rumours circulating that Lerner has flown to Norway aswell. He certainly fits what they said about young, hungry and can be here for years, bit unproven though and would be a huge gamble. I don't think they can afford to gamble after the McLeish debacle.
Did you know we won the European Cup?

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1351 on: May 17, 2012, 04:32:09 PM »
Mad Mick's odds are on the slide, boooo. It would have been worth it happening just for a laugh!

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was around 40/1 at the start of today, he's now into odds on favourite at nearly all bookies. Theres rumours circulating that Lerner has flown to Norway aswell. He certainly fits what they said about young, hungry and can be here for years, bit unproven though and would be a huge gamble. I don't think they can afford to gamble after the McLeish debacle.

Have a laugh at your own team? Good god.

BlackCountryVilla

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1352 on: May 17, 2012, 04:40:11 PM »
Have a laugh at your own team? Good god.
Who said i would be laughing at my own team? I meant the fact that we would have actually had mad Mick as manager. It would have been funny to see him being unveiled like he was our saviour and then him shouting '******* get in' in that voice he does.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 04:43:42 PM by LiamTheBaggie »
Did you know we won the European Cup?

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1353 on: May 17, 2012, 05:54:06 PM »
Who said i would be laughing at my own team? I meant the fact that we would have actually had mad Mick as manager. It would have been funny to see him being unveiled like he was our saviour and then him shouting '******* get in' in that voice he does.

I think our definition of humour differs greatly.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1354 on: May 17, 2012, 10:40:23 PM »
A fair few Norwegian journalists over on Twitter are saying that the deal for OGS is done.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1355 on: May 18, 2012, 07:38:59 AM »
BlackCountryFickle will be a fan again then.
I only go for the beer.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1356 on: May 18, 2012, 10:26:00 AM »
*sigh* i would've liked Ole.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1357 on: May 18, 2012, 10:40:56 AM »
OGS would be a great appointment in my opinion. Done a great job with Molde, and has alot of potential. People say he is a gamble, maybe he is but i'd rather have him than a bruce or curbs anyday.
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1358 on: May 18, 2012, 10:54:37 AM »
Massive gamble if you ask me. Only getting the hype because he is a former Man U player.Norway league to Prem League  is a huge jump
BOING BOING

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1359 on: May 18, 2012, 10:55:10 AM »
I am amazed that people think Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would be a good appointment for us or Villa for that matter and yet dismiss McInnes and Appleton as inexperienced. Solskjaer has had 12 months experience as Head Coach with Molde and with deepest respect to Norwegian football that cannot be a higher level than the Championship. Yes he has had time coaching the reserves at Man United and was a great player but neither count for very much.

I think any premier league club making Solskjaer their manager would be taking a brave decision.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1360 on: May 18, 2012, 11:06:31 AM »
I am amazed that people think Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would be a good appointment for us or Villa for that matter and yet dismiss McInnes and Appleton as inexperienced. Solskjaer has had 12 months experience as Head Coach with Molde and with deepest respect to Norwegian football that cannot be a higher level than the Championship. Yes he has had time coaching the reserves at Man United and was a great player but neither count for very much.

I think any premier league club making Solskjaer their manager would be taking a brave decision.

I'd prefer to gamble than appoint Curbishley or Bruce, two dinasours who know very little about modern day football.
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1361 on: May 18, 2012, 11:50:50 AM »
Come on Mick hurry up and stick your hore in
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1362 on: May 18, 2012, 12:01:44 PM »
Come on Mick hurry up and stick your hore in
I think you'll find thats " OAR"..................Oh wait a minute !  :D :D
He's a lad from the Wrenna

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1363 on: May 18, 2012, 12:05:54 PM »
I think you'll find thats " OAR"..................Oh wait a minute !  :D :D

Thanks for the correction ;) i should have said bitch
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1364 on: May 18, 2012, 12:27:06 PM »
Would people be as keen if he'd never played for yanited!

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1365 on: May 18, 2012, 12:27:53 PM »
Nobody knows what appointments will actually work out, they are all appointed with best intentions but i think what Solskjaer what do is get Villa fans excited and interested again straight away which is what they desperately need.

I wouldnt of minded him at Albion, he may be inexperienced but the only way you get experience is by having a go at things, people sometimes just need the chance thats why i wouldnt mind an Appleton, Mcinnes or younger up and coming coach rather than somebody who does the merrygo round, Roy has put good foundations in place and would be shocked if the manager who came in tried to dismantle it all and start again, they will look to build on which i think is what Ashworth said they have the shortlist for so managers can just step straight in and add to what we have.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1366 on: May 18, 2012, 07:34:22 PM »
BlackCountryFickle will be a fan again then.

Until they start losing again. As soon as he realises they arent challenging for the champions league he will be back out shopping at half 3 on a Saturday (cue kick off times joke).
Boing Boing

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1367 on: May 18, 2012, 07:46:52 PM »
A few points on Solskjaer. He has coached at Man Utd before moving to Molde. he will have been schooled by Ferguson who is arguably one of the greatest managers ever. He took over Molde who had never won the league in 100 years of existence and it took him only a season to win the league with them.

People say managing in Norway isnt a good measure of a managers ability but I have to ask, what is exactly? Why is the championship any better than Norway? Yes the quality of the league might be different but why does that change your managerial quality? You have still got to take a group of players who may be average and win something with them. What is the difference between him and Poyet?

Some clubs in Europe's top leagues appoint managers with no experience. Porto took Villas Boas from a small Portuguese team.

I dont know if Solskjaer is a good choice personally. Lerner wont have picked him after deep research - he has picked him because he is an obvious name and he wants somebody young and invigorating. No reason why i cant work though.
Boing Boing

theboywiththe arabstrap

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1368 on: May 19, 2012, 09:14:52 AM »
What I will say about OGS is that he always had a fantastic footballing brain when he was playing.  I'm sure a lot of you will have heard about how when he sat on the bench he'd meticulously analyse the opposition's defence, so when he came on as a sub he knew where the weaknesses were...hence; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPoKbMSR0r4

Wbahunty

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1369 on: May 19, 2012, 01:13:10 PM »
OGS not taking the Villa Job!

baggie-boy-ethan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1370 on: May 19, 2012, 01:20:21 PM »

"Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he will not be the new Aston Villa manager after deciding to stay on at Molde. More to follow soon #avfc"

From the BBC Sport Twitter page!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1371 on: May 19, 2012, 01:25:08 PM »
The Villa i am sure would love Hughton but can anyone see another Blues manger joining their nearest and dearest.

Best manager for Villa would be Mick  Dundee:)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1372 on: May 19, 2012, 01:34:29 PM »

You would be laughing at a key managerial appointment for 'your team'. Honestly I'm starting to think you're an Albion fan on the wind up some of the bull**** you come out with is even too much for a Villa fan.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1373 on: May 19, 2012, 01:39:08 PM »
It's not going to be Mick...is it?

And bless them all on Villa Talk, they're all desperately trying to convince themselves that it's rubbish and nobody could ever turn down the chance to manage such a massive club.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 01:42:20 PM by east-stand-nick »

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1374 on: May 19, 2012, 01:43:27 PM »
Solskjaer turns Villa job according to British media. Meanwhile in Norway, their media says "err....actually he hasnt - he has just said I have a contract at Molde for 2 years and ill wait and see". What else was he going to say? I think our media have got a little excited.
Boing Boing