Author Topic: Kenneth Zohore  (Read 196716 times)

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

Re: Kenneth Zohore joins WBA
« Reply #300 on: December 26, 2019, 08:29:06 PM »
Blimey, i'd forgot we had Oli Burke on the books still!  :-X
Zohore is one to forget as well unfortunately

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #301 on: December 26, 2019, 08:30:29 PM »
Zohore is one to forget as well unfortunately

Agreed, nearly £20m between the 2. If we got 5 back i'd be amazed.

jim68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #302 on: December 26, 2019, 08:46:06 PM »
Poor today and did nothing to warrant a place on bench back to 23s with A new striker urgently required
alarminly one with pace who can run

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #303 on: December 26, 2019, 08:57:20 PM »
I actually thought he was better than Austin, moved a couple of times then went down and that was about it.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #304 on: December 26, 2019, 10:07:31 PM »
He had minimal service tbf to Zohore today.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #305 on: December 27, 2019, 03:24:41 AM »
Quite simply the worst centre forward we have had since the days of evans and Quinn. Would be a waste of wages on a free transfer but the fact we have paid for him is extraordinary. Cardiff must have laughed their heads off when we put a bid in for him.

Bit harsh that. No one turned up against Barnsley.

HRK and Austin didn't exactly cover themselves in glory either, give the guy a chance he's hardly played this season.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #306 on: December 27, 2019, 06:03:51 AM »
For all the price LD gets for our summer what was he thinking paying the reported fee for Zohore?

Do you know for a fact that LD was totally responsible?

He didn't do much yesterday, but neither did HRK and Austin. On another thread many are saying that collectively we were not at the races, so to condemn an Albion player for a 25 minute cameo with no meaningful service up front [for all three strikers] is a bit harsh.

We need to give the lad a chance.
MAGA!

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #307 on: December 27, 2019, 06:14:28 AM »
He was no worse, and yes no better, than Austin but as said elsewhere the service to him was pretty dire and Charlie really should have scored his one on one with their goalie first half
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 06:24:21 AM by BigFrank20 »
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #308 on: December 27, 2019, 08:12:45 AM »

He didn't do much yesterday, but neither did HRK and Austin. On another thread many are saying that collectively we were not at the races, so to condemn an Albion player for a 25 minute cameo with no meaningful service up front [for all three strikers] is a bit harsh.

Yes and I know Billic didn't want him I know that for a fact

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #309 on: December 27, 2019, 08:23:33 AM »
Yes and I know Billic didn't want him I know that for a fact

Fair enough - I do know that you have been privy to decent info in the past.

If that is the case then it will be interesting to see how we go forward on this. I still maintain that he needs to be given the opportunity though......
MAGA!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #310 on: December 27, 2019, 08:47:49 AM »
Fair enough - I do know that you have been privy to decent info in the past.

If that is the case then it will be interesting to see how we go forward on this. I still maintain that he needs to be given the opportunity though......
I have said similar....but yesterday he showed almost zero effort.
You would assume that a player in is position would at the very least show willing ?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #311 on: December 27, 2019, 09:04:02 AM »
I have said similar....but yesterday he showed almost zero effort.
You would assume that a player in is position would at the very least show willing ?

First game back for a few weeks so again, needs to get up to speed. We afforded the same time to Charlie and he has started to come good.

I would agree with you that he needs to show willing, but our service to the number 9 position for the past couple of games has been very poor
MAGA!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #312 on: December 27, 2019, 09:04:31 AM »

Saved me having to type that, thank you
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #313 on: December 27, 2019, 09:23:09 AM »
From the tv he looked ok to me. Austin did nothing and Kanu did the usual where he worked hard but often turns into trouble. I’d like to see more of Zohore as I’ve not seen him on the pitch enough to figure out if there is any potential in him.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #314 on: December 27, 2019, 10:36:19 AM »
Don't get how he was in the squad considering he's hardly played for the reserves yet Willock has done good but nowhere to be seen. I'd have thought rotating the squad would've given Willock a chance.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #315 on: December 27, 2019, 10:40:24 AM »
Look, I think Zohore has been an awful signing but don't get the criticism of him yesterday. From where I was stood, he gave his all and made some decent runs (something I have been critical of previously).
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #316 on: December 27, 2019, 11:09:44 AM »
Seemed ok to me and I thought he should've been introduced earlier. Then again I was watching the game through Guinness goggles. To qualify that, the Guinness goggles didn't prevent me from seeing how largely ineffectual we were as a team yesterday.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #317 on: December 27, 2019, 03:09:11 PM »
Look, I think Zohore has been an awful signing but don't get the criticism of him yesterday. From where I was stood, he gave his all and made some decent runs (something I have been critical of previously).
I think this shows how different people view stuff
Up until yesterday I was all for giving him a chance, imo yesterday’s performance was one of the most pathetic of any Albion player I have seen in the flesh
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #318 on: December 27, 2019, 03:44:46 PM »
I think this shows how different people view stuff
Up until yesterday I was all for giving him a chance, imo yesterday’s performance was one of the most pathetic of any Albion player I have seen in the flesh

He only had 28 minutes in a team on the back foot and hasn’t played for months. Can we really read too much into yesterday? I was worried when we spent big on him given his patchy goal scoring record and he hasn’t done much, but he also hasn’t been involved for a while.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #319 on: December 27, 2019, 03:49:03 PM »
Impossible to judge him on that performance as the team just were not with it, but his lack of game time or impact highlights why we shouldn't get carried away with Dowling's work in the summer. He got some things right, Bilic got others right and they both got some things very wrong.

Zohore at 7 mil looked bad at the time and looks worse now.
Boing Boing

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #320 on: December 27, 2019, 05:33:54 PM »
Zohore as a signing simply hasn't worked out. Perhaps the best bet is for us to shift him or loan him and bring in some energy up front. Personally, I would as I think this season is too good a chance for us to miss out on through trying to rely on Austin and HRK up front for another half a season. I think another striker who can add a physical presence up front and even a another one who can finish (Gayle) would push us towards promotion.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #321 on: December 27, 2019, 05:39:04 PM »
Impossible to judge him on that performance as the team just were not with it, but his lack of game time or impact highlights why we shouldn't get carried away with Dowling's work in the summer. He got some things right, Bilic got others right and they both got some things very wrong.

Zohore at 7 mil looked bad at the time and looks worse now.
Well thank god we didn’t pay that

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #322 on: December 27, 2019, 11:48:29 PM »
Well thank god we didn’t pay that

At the time it was reported that the initial up front payment was £6 million with add ons to 7. I’ve seen nothing official to suggest it was much lower.
Boing Boing

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #323 on: December 28, 2019, 12:22:37 AM »
At the time it was reported that the initial up front payment was £6 million with add ons to 7. I’ve seen nothing official to suggest it was much lower.

Same here.  I’ve seen £7m and €8.9m. Although the fee is “unofficial” publicly.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #324 on: December 28, 2019, 07:16:40 PM »
Sorry but the escalation in anti-Zohore feeling based on his opportunities on boxing day is out of proportion.

I'm pretty sure there's a player there which is why we signed him... but he definitely needs to put himself about a bit more and make more of what could be very limited opportunities in the team. In that formation though without any crosses going in and little pace in the team I'd definitely start him ahead of Austin.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill