Author Topic: Jamie Carragher  (Read 10046 times)

Slimbo

• Youth Baggie

Jamie Carragher
« on: March 12, 2018, 08:29:19 AM »
Surely he should be sacked by sky after the spitting incident
Andy Gray got fired for comments about women linesman but not spitting at them
I drink to forget but I don't forget to drink

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Jamie Carragher
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 08:47:53 AM »
Surely he should be sacked by sky after the spitting incident
Andy Gray got fired for comments about women linesman but not spitting at them

Cult of personality is causing the main issue here to be missed. While Carragher's behaviour is abhorrent and distasteful. The father of the young girl is driving his car on a motorway while filming on his phone. This is a crime and one that could have had serious ramifications for other road users.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 08:57:30 AM »

Cult of personality is causing the main issue here to be missed. While Carragher's behaviour is abhorrent and distasteful. The father of the young girl is driving his car on a motorway while filming on his phone. This is a crime and one that could have had serious ramifications for other road users.

Absolutely correct, and whilst I cannot really stand Jamie Carragher, everyone has a right and expectation of privacy, particularly in his own car. Would you be happy sitting in your house and someone filming you from outside?

What he did was wrong, but we would not be discussing this if the driver had not been breaking the law in the first place.

Having seen the video, I have to say that it is quite unpleasant, and Carragher may get a charge against as technically it is assault, but my point stands about the use of the phone whilst driving. Carragher must have known that he was being filmed...its obvious!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 09:04:50 AM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 09:07:53 AM »

The father is an utter moron and someone for whom I would have absolutely no time. To be filming him trying to goad Carragher into a reaction whilst driving at that speed, endangering the lives of everyone around him, is a disgrace and I hope the book is thrown at him for it.

As for Carragher, it has always been apparent that he is a thug from his time on the football pitch so this comes as no surprise.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 09:08:03 AM »
What's the saying?
Two wrongs don't make a right.
Carragher should be sacked for his distasteful behaviour and if its proven the girls father is filming and driving then he should get the appropriate punishment.

If  he wanted to get out of it all the girls dad has to say is that the footage was shot by a rear seat passenger leaning forward.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 09:09:41 AM »
People who use phones while driving should face the same punishment as drink drivers, boils my ****. Doesn't excuse what Carragher did but to put the life of your own daughter at risk like that, as well as other road users, is wrong.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 09:37:01 AM by Hull Baggie »

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 09:39:20 AM »
I dont think he should be sacked for it

Its a moment of red mist by a person who supports Liverpool through and through, he's been goaded and he's lost it....hes only human, hes called the family an apologised and they've accepted the apology.

Not going to lie though its disgusting what he did but nowhere near as bad as the guy filming it on his mobile phone whilst driving with his daughter in the car.  If he wasnt after a reaction that he could garner likes on the internet from then why is he filming it......

But sacking him...no not for me...warning about his future conduct from me
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 10:06:31 AM »
The girls dad and Carragher should both be arrested and interviewed by Police. The dad for using his phone whilst driving, Carragher for assault and driving without due care and attention. Lets see what his pundit mates say about this as when a footballer ever spits at another footballer on the pitch they're always so happy to label them as the lowest of the low. I assume they'll have the same opinion of their mate who spat at a girl?

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 11:09:48 AM »
Disgusting behaviour from both. Spitting at anyone makes you the lowest of the low in my opinion, so I would say that he will be very lucky to keep his job. The other driver should have the 6 points on his licence and the £200 fine.

IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 11:22:49 AM »
Disgusting behaviour from both. Spitting at anyone makes you the lowest of the low in my opinion, so I would say that he will be very lucky to keep his job. The other driver should have the 6 points on his licence and the £200 fine.

I wonder if he made any money from selling the video?

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 11:43:43 AM »
I wonder if he made any money from selling the video?

Good point, if so, have that taken off him and given to charities.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 11:55:08 AM »

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 02:30:53 PM »
You're all bang on. I feel sorry for the girl, Carragher to do that is bloody disgusting and her dad acting the way he did while she was clearly upset, all round pretty grim really.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2018, 03:40:15 PM »
Dirty scumbag, f*cking disgrace.

To do such thing when he knows how much he is in the public eye, he should never be allowed to appear on television again.

Spitting in general is disgusting and filthy, never mind at another human being... regardless of his emotions a grown 'man' should know better.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2018, 03:48:22 PM »
Suspended by Sky thankfully.... the first step. There are no mitigating circumstances for what he did.
MAGA!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 04:06:53 PM »
Suspended by Sky thankfully.... the first step. There are no mitigating circumstances for what he did.

Been suspended by a Norwegian tv company that he works with too apparently

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2018, 04:34:32 PM »
Sounds like he was already due to go on holiday for 2 weeks. They've pulled him off tonight's mnf. He's been pulled off Scandinavian TV where he was due at Old Trafford ironically tomorrow. By the time he gets back in 3 weeks it'll all be forgotten.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2018, 04:40:41 PM »
Sounds like he was already due to go on holiday for 2 weeks. They've pulled him off tonight's mnf. He's been pulled off Scandinavian TV where he was due at Old Trafford ironically tomorrow. By the time he gets back in 3 weeks it'll all be forgotten.
I bet he's not the first bloke getting pulled off on scandinavian TV either   :P ;)
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

wimbledon baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2018, 04:46:41 PM »
Carragher suspended by Sky for spitting out his car window on sat after the Man U game and hitting the 14 yr old girl passenger :o

You could not make it up..

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2018, 05:29:01 PM »
Should be sacked no question, no excuses to spit in someone's face (to spit at anyone) is lower than low no matter what provocation you suffer, would he have spit at 4 or 5 blokes in a car? He is a coward to do that. I've never liked him, he is disgusting just like anyone who would do that hate it.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2018, 06:35:40 PM »
What a prick.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2018, 06:39:01 PM »
I'm not his biggest fan but imagine someone doing that to you?

It seems a case of someone going out of their way to get a reaction and then moaning when it happens. Obviously the girl is innocent, but her father is worse than Carragher in this scenario. I'm not saying that makes what Carragher did was right, but if you don't instigate in the first place then there's no response.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2018, 07:12:46 PM »
I'm not his biggest fan but imagine someone doing that to you?

It seems a case of someone going out of their way to get a reaction and then moaning when it happens. Obviously the girl is innocent, but her father is worse than Carragher in this scenario. I'm not saying that makes what Carragher did was right, but if you don't instigate in the first place then there's no response.
Utter rubbish, so all the Albion fans in the brummy are as bad for winding Vardy up? The bloke was taking the mick over a football result nothing life threatening!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2018, 07:34:57 PM »
Utter rubbish, so all the Albion fans in the brummy are as bad for winding Vardy up? The bloke was taking the mick over a football result nothing life threatening!

Spitting out of his car window wasn't life threatening. Driving while using a mobile phone however... well that was life threatening wasn't it?

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2018, 07:37:51 PM »

Spitting out of his car window wasn't life threatening. Driving while using a mobile phone however... well that was life threatening wasn't it?
Not interested in anything you have got to say, don't waste your time replying to my posts. Stay away from me.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2018, 10:02:41 PM »
I don't see the problem. As a touring musician, I've had my fair share of idiots saying things to try and get a reaction, and no doubt he gets waaaaaay more than me.

Everyone's human. Wind someone up too much and it happens. He shouldn't be sacked for it. The idiot filming while driving should be in trouble.

Next time you do something wrong (probably sometime very soon) think about how you would feel if everyone called for you to be sacked from your job for it. We live in a "sack them!" culture and it's pathetic.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2018, 10:10:18 PM »
I don't see the problem. As a touring musician, I've had my fair share of idiots saying things to try and get a reaction, and no doubt he gets waaaaaay more than me.

Everyone's human. Wind someone up too much and it happens. He shouldn't be sacked for it. The idiot filming while driving should be in trouble.

Next time you do something wrong (probably sometime very soon) think about how you would feel if everyone called for you to be sacked from your job for it. We live in a "sack them!" culture and it's pathetic.
If I spat in someone's face at work no matter how much i was provoked I'd be sacked end of so no not pathetic spitting at another human being is bloody disgusting.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2018, 11:11:35 PM »
If I spat in someone's face at work no matter how much i was provoked I'd be sacked end of so no not pathetic spitting at another human being is bloody disgusting.

He wasn’t at work though...

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2018, 11:12:28 PM »
Not interested in anything you have got to say, don't waste your time replying to my posts. Stay away from me.

Wow!

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2018, 11:23:10 PM »
You forgot to add get well soon.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2018, 11:59:38 AM »

He didn't spit in anyone's face though did he and he wasn't at work.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2018, 12:01:11 PM »
I think '59 may have a thing for Jacko  ;D

I would imagine with Carragher that Sky have played it well, suspend him immediately, grovelling apology from the man himself, two or three week hiatus from the spotlight for him and ease him back in.

robbo_wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2018, 04:46:51 PM »

I can't believe people on this thread generally are more concerned about the guy in the car using his phone than the disgusting, vile, act Carragher has done. Yes the father is a complete idiot, and shouldn't be using his phone, but be honest with yourselves, this happens numerous times every day up and down the country. Just take a look next time you're stuck in traffic. What doesn't happen every day is seeing a grown man spitting at a young girl. This is absolutely abhorrent behaviour, and by law is assault and battery of a minor. The guy on the phone would get 6 points and a £200 fine. There is a huge difference here.

It would be an appalling decision not to sack him. No he wasn't at work, but tv/celebrity/football personalities have different behaviour expectations than the average Joe and rightly so.

And finally in response to the quote above, could it not be argued that sticking your head out of the window and not looking at the road in front is also life threatening? Surely as much as holding a phone. Both are giving less focus than is needed. Plus not wearing a seat belt is actually a bigger fine than holding a phone.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2018, 05:24:44 PM »
Well for what it's worth I think Carragher behaved like a vile, immature and classless tw@t.

Yes the other bloke clearly had the personal development of an amoeba, but Carra' did not have to react in the way that he did.

In fact he didn't have to react at all, as I'm quietly confident his car has a more than decent sound system with which to drown out the unwanted attentions of his tormentor.

So there.......
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2018, 05:39:08 PM »
I can't believe people on this thread generally are more concerned about the guy in the car using his phone than the disgusting, vile, act Carragher has done. Yes the father is a complete idiot, and shouldn't be using his phone, but be honest with yourselves, this happens numerous times every day up and down the country. Just take a look next time you're stuck in traffic. What doesn't happen every day is seeing a grown man spitting at a young girl. This is absolutely abhorrent behaviour, and by law is assault and battery of a minor. The guy on the phone would get 6 points and a £200 fine. There is a huge difference here.

It would be an appalling decision not to sack him. No he wasn't at work, but tv/celebrity/football personalities have different behaviour expectations than the average Joe and rightly so.

And finally in response to the quote above, could it not be argued that sticking your head out of the window and not looking at the road in front is also life threatening? Surely as much as holding a phone. Both are giving less focus than is needed. Plus not wearing a seat belt is actually a bigger fine than holding a phone.

They're both tossers. Let's just leave at that. I feel sorry for the poor girl!

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2018, 07:05:12 PM »
Should be sacked.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2018, 07:19:17 PM »

He wasn't at work. And I didn't say spitting isn't disgusting. I said the "sack them!" culture is pathetic. Saying someone should be sacked for something they do away from work in their own time...

And I don't usually start trouble, but I especially don't try and stir things up when my young lad is in the car or with me. That driver is a complete imbecile.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2018, 07:51:07 PM »
He wasn't at work. And I didn't say spitting isn't disgusting. I said the "sack them!" culture is pathetic. Saying someone should be sacked for something they do away from work in their own time...

And I don't usually start trouble, but I especially don't try and stir things up when my young lad is in the car or with me. That driver is a complete imbecile.
This thread is about carragher spitting, not the other bloke I'll say again no excuses, disgusting human being

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2018, 08:47:51 PM »
This thread is about carragher spitting, not the other bloke I'll say again no excuses, disgusting human being

So you don't like Carragher, that's fair enough. But this thread is about the incident involving him, it's not a "we hate Jamie" thread. You think he's vile based on one thing? What else has he done that makes him "disgusting"?

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2018, 11:41:27 PM »
So you don't like Carragher, that's fair enough. But this thread is about the incident involving him, it's not a "we hate Jamie" thread. You think he's vile based on one thing? What else has he done that makes him "disgusting"?
Doesn't need to do anything else.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2018, 12:11:35 AM »
Grab your pitch forks and stoke the fires folks we're 'avin' us a burnin'.

Not much point really though, I'm pretty sure Carragher'll find a way to put it out  :P  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2018, 12:16:01 AM »
Doesn't need to do anything else.

Blimey, being an acquaintance of yours must be fun! One stupid thing and you're no longer friends!  :P

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2018, 12:46:35 AM »
I’ll admit to being phlegmatic about the ordeal.  ;D
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2018, 11:23:18 AM »
Suspended for the rest of the season.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2018, 11:38:10 AM »
Suspended for the rest of the season.

They'll see that as a sufficient 'blowing over' period and bring him back for next season following a spate of good PR on his behalf.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2018, 12:05:40 PM »
They'll see that as a sufficient 'blowing over' period and bring him back for next season following a spate of good PR on his behalf.

I see what you did there  ;D
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2018, 11:21:58 AM »

So you wouldn't find someone disgusting if they spat in your face?

For people on here to turn it onto the girls father or make an excuse for him says it all really.

Spitting at someone is classed as battery, sacking him is the least he should be getting as punishment.... saying that, if it was my daughter I'd probably be getting done for assault.