Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2244388 times)

baggieboy79 and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

benalbion

• WBA Newbie

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #7975 on: May 27, 2019, 06:19:51 PM »
So after some poor form some bad results and the fans calling for the managers head..............villa decide to stick with their man and get promoted.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7976 on: May 27, 2019, 06:24:07 PM »
So after some poor form some bad results and the fans calling for the managers head..............villa decide to stick with their man and get promoted.

Yet they only got promoted because Scott failed to give us a cast iron penalty at the seal sanctuary (not to mention the Gayle incidents). Ref does his job properly we are in the final.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7977 on: May 27, 2019, 06:32:32 PM »

Yet they only got promoted because Scott failed to give us a cast iron penalty at the seal sanctuary (not to mention the Gayle incidents). Ref does his job properly we are in the final.

But that would've changed the whole scope of everything that followed. Might be in the final, might not.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

benalbion

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #7978 on: May 27, 2019, 06:32:44 PM »
Not denying that mate just saying how things could have been if we just stuck to with our man. Suppose we will never know

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7979 on: May 27, 2019, 06:34:45 PM »
But that would've changed the whole scope of everything that followed. Might be in the final, might not.

No it wouldn't. They couldn't score at the Hawthorns despite us playing with ten men for so long.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7980 on: May 27, 2019, 06:38:44 PM »
Yeah, but i'm talking more about a chain reaction. Let's say he gives the penalty - we miss it and still lose?! Or we don't lose Gayle and don't Brunt while at the same time that underdog nature then doesn't consume us and turn us into fighters.

Not just in football but any walk of life, if you change a minor detail everything that follows will be different, that's my point.

Besides, with that argument of yours what about the many times Bartley didn't have a penalty awarded against him or J-Rods hand ball v Villa is spotted?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7981 on: May 27, 2019, 07:00:38 PM »
Yeah, but i'm talking more about a chain reaction. Let's say he gives the penalty - we miss it and still lose?! Or we don't lose Gayle and don't Brunt while at the same time that underdog nature then doesn't consume us and turn us into fighters.

Not just in football but any walk of life, if you change a minor detail everything that follows will be different, that's my point.

Besides, with that argument of yours what about the many times Bartley didn't have a penalty awarded against him or J-Rods hand ball v Villa is spotted?
i think it’s known as the butterfly effect

HamsteadHarry

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #7982 on: May 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM »
I'm with Lewisant, all teams get luck, good or bad -the thing is just to get on with it . Thought Villa were the better side today and deserved the win. Anyway, season over, time to let go and move on.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7983 on: May 27, 2019, 07:10:56 PM »
Bets on now Smith will be gone by December.

Might coincide with us sacking Appleton.  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7984 on: May 27, 2019, 07:12:49 PM »
Might coincide with us sacking Appleton.  :D

I’m hoping for some good news this week in that we appoint Labbadia.

At least give us something to look forward to.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7985 on: May 27, 2019, 07:24:49 PM »
I’m hoping for some good news this week in that we appoint Labbadia.

At least give us something to look forward to.

Me too but this is the Albion!

Who would be your first choice? I'd still like Jokanovic but I think the club will go cheap / safe.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7986 on: May 27, 2019, 07:28:28 PM »

Me too but this is the Albion!

Who would be your first choice? I'd still like Jokanovic but I think the club will go cheap / safe.

I’d agree Jokanovic would be first choice, followed by Labbadia.

My choice last season was Graham Potter.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7987 on: May 27, 2019, 07:28:52 PM »

Put another way, if your mother had been your mother-in-law, your sister would have been your wife!
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7988 on: May 27, 2019, 07:56:25 PM »

More chance of plaiting fog, draw far too many games!!
Would you like to comment further on this prediction from February Jacko? ;)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7989 on: May 27, 2019, 08:02:16 PM »
Would you like to comment further on this prediction from February Jacko? ;)

Underestimated Grealish. The only reason they got promoted.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7990 on: May 27, 2019, 08:15:50 PM »
Can't believe even with the benefit of hindsight anyone thinks this guy is good enough. Please explain his total failure to even 'get by' while Grealish was injured. 13 matches, 13 points.I'll wait.

Still waiting. They would have been very close to going down had Grealish not returned from injury. Took Championship form points per game with him in the team; relegation form with him out of the team through injury. These are not fine margins, it was a run of 13 matches. I see nothing in how they play that suggests this guy would have been a good fit here. He's just very, very lucky to have the best player in the division at his disposal.

Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7991 on: May 27, 2019, 08:20:21 PM »

Still waiting. They would have been very close to going down had Grealish not returned from injury. Took Championship form points per game with him in the team; relegation form with him out of the team through injury. These are not fine margins, it was a run of 13 matches. I see nothing in how they play that suggests this guy would have been a good fit here. He's just very, very lucky to have the best player in the division at his disposal.

He had the best two non defensive players in the division at his disposal. Grealish and McGinn just run games at Championship level.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 08:29:52 PM by OldburyWBA »

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7992 on: May 27, 2019, 08:40:24 PM »
He had the best two non defensive players in the division at his disposal. Grealish and McGinn just run games at Championship level.

I predicted early in 2019 Villa would make the play offs once Grealish returned.

Forget McGinn it’s Grealish who is a leader and bosses everything.  McGinn doesn’t know what he’s doing without him. 

Let’s hope they struggle. 

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7993 on: May 27, 2019, 08:43:45 PM »
Think Tyrone Mings made the difference, sorted out their defence, changed their season, we should have signed him.
Baggie in Southampton

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7994 on: May 27, 2019, 08:56:50 PM »
I predicted early in 2019 Villa would make the play offs once Grealish returned.

Forget McGinn it’s Grealish who is a leader and bosses everything.  McGinn doesn’t know what he’s doing without him. 

Let’s hope they struggle.

It's both of them. In fact it's the midfield three. They set up perfectly to play 4-3-3.

Hourahane is the one who sits and protects and forms the base the others play off. When we played 4-3-3 we had Brunt at the base. Completely the wrong type of player for that system. Barry or Field are the only players on our books who can effectively play that role.

McGinn is like dogshit. He's everywhere. Endless energy, up and down, will compete, cover every blade. Also offers a goal threat We never had a player who could properly play this role until Johansen came in.

Grealish and Phillips are different but both can carry the ball, draw fouls and beat a man. Unfortunately when Johansen arrived Phillips was never fit  so we had a broken midfield.

That Villa three were the reason they became the team they became. Take one out and they are not the same team.  Added to that they had two capable full backs, two capable centre halves, a winger direct who could vary his game and a striker that scored 25 goals.

Best team in the league since Grealish came back from his injury and I include Norwich in that.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7995 on: May 27, 2019, 08:59:52 PM »
Grealish was there under Di Matteo and Bruce, but yes, of course, he alone is the reason for Villa getting promoted... :-X

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7996 on: May 27, 2019, 09:16:57 PM »
Grealish was there under Di Matteo and Bruce, but yes, of course, he alone is the reason for Villa getting promoted... :-X

To be honest, I think he was somewhat AWOL in the second half
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7997 on: May 27, 2019, 09:33:17 PM »

The butterfly effect is something I'm fascinated with. One of the things I always wondered is if a match would be the same if I stayed home and listened to it on the radio as it would if I go to the game at the ground. But obviously there's no way of knowing.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7998 on: May 27, 2019, 09:54:03 PM »
Let's hope Chelsea win their fight at cas and then sell them that dog S!it of a prem striker abraham for £30m.

What is ironic is they hate bruce and it was his signings that took them up.

Smith is going to be found out in the prem hopefully as he was left the best squad in the league by Bruce and could only get them functioning when greasy came back.

Everything went their way in these play offs until mings went off in the 82 minute of the last game, that luck won't continue in the Premier league where there will be VAR next season.

Hopefully they'll get less than derby's 11 points.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7999 on: May 27, 2019, 09:54:40 PM »
The butterfly effect is something I'm fascinated with. One of the things I always wondered is if a match would be the same if I stayed home and listened to it on the radio as it would if I go to the game at the ground. But obviously there's no way of knowing.
I thought my avoiding anything to do with the game, apart from checking half and full time scores, could effect the result in Derby’s favour. Maybe I should’ve watched the game. Nah! I could never do that.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.