Author Topic: Anything England Football  (Read 773950 times)

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Anything England Football
« Reply #975 on: June 15, 2015, 09:16:15 AM »
Been to Slovenia a couple of times.  Nice place and nice people.  A bit like Wales (but as I said with nice people ;).

Issue for us though is it has a population of some 2.5m people as opposed to our 60m.  We did play well, but we need some proportion as to how good we are.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #976 on: June 15, 2015, 10:03:48 AM »
Been to Slovenia a couple of times.  Nice place and nice people.  A bit like Wales (but as I said with nice people ;).

Issue for us though is it has a population of some 2.5m people as opposed to our 60m.  We did play well, but we need some proportion as to how good we are.

All down to the individual, Anyone thinking we will win something or come close are in for big disappointment unfortunately and that's exactly what they feel hence all the trouble around the pubs when we get knocked out.

I shouldn't see why we cant progress from a group and be competitive in the quarters, Do i think we can and should be doing better ? Of course i do personally but whats to say that the tweaks to the team that we all suggest would come off, There is just no way of knowing.

If you wanted to be completely ridiculous and compare us to the favorites for next summers euros you could say that the Germans would of been 3-0 up by half time with the chances we squandered.

On a positive note it was a very entertaining match yesterday and i think we have done extremely well in this group so far, Good luck to the under 21s for there first game in the tournament on Thursday to, Anyone know if its on sky ?.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #977 on: June 15, 2015, 10:23:21 AM »
Yes and we still haven't met up! I wish I met up with you for that Man U game but it bloody clashed with something! We should have a pint this summer at a beach bar somewhere.

And the connection didn't get to us in the garden as I'm in an old Cornish cottage with thick granite walls, ruins the wireless signal!

Absolutely fella...all for that!

I also live in a thick granite wall cottage...I lose all signal!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #978 on: June 15, 2015, 10:26:23 AM »
Good luck to the under 21s for there first game in the tournament on Thursday to, Anyone know if its on sky ?.

B.T Sport 1.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #979 on: June 15, 2015, 10:28:24 AM »
Absolutely fella...all for that!

I also live in a thick granite wall cottage...I lose all signal!

Yeah no chance of streaming live TV in the garden! Coolio i'll check things out and see when i'm free!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #980 on: June 15, 2015, 10:41:42 AM »
Yeah no chance of streaming live TV in the garden! Coolio i'll check things out and see when i'm free!

All good fella.

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #981 on: June 15, 2015, 11:30:54 AM »
TV ws inside and the sun was outside, that is where the problem was! So I chose laptop in the garden!

Have you considered Poweline Adaptors, like the Develo unit that I use.

They are connected to your router and then into a power socket turning your ring main into a wifi signal carrier, thus extending the range of your WiFi.

For a more detail spec on these gadgets Google "powerline Adaptors" some are quite reasonably priced and a couple should do the job for you.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #982 on: June 15, 2015, 12:46:47 PM »
Have you considered Poweline Adaptors, like the Develo unit that I use.

They are connected to your router and then into a power socket turning your ring main into a wifi signal carrier, thus extending the range of your WiFi.

For a more detail spec on these gadgets Google "powerline Adaptors" some are quite reasonably priced and a couple should do the job for you.

I agree powerline adapters are decent.

You could also get a decent Access Point, turn off your wifi on your router and use your seperate AP, they tend to have better signal

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #983 on: June 15, 2015, 02:11:13 PM »
Sad thing for me is that after yesterdays performance, a lot of people seemed relatively pleased. Obviously a win is the main thing, but as a performance it was very sloppy.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #984 on: June 15, 2015, 02:26:20 PM »
some think we are going to win the world cup again
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #985 on: June 15, 2015, 03:10:03 PM »
Sad thing for me is that after yesterdays performance, a lot of people seemed relatively pleased. Obviously a win is the main thing, but as a performance it was very sloppy.

Agreed. When we go out of a tournament, the attitude is always questioned, which I think is unfair sometimes as in the main I don't think you can get to that level without caring. Body language will never be great when losing or low on confidence.

We just don't have the talent / ability to win an international tournament. We might beat one of the big guns on our day, but Germany had to beat France, Brazil and Argentina to win the world cup. We wouldnt beat 3 consecutively.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #986 on: June 24, 2015, 09:29:49 PM »
I see the under 21s are being thoroughly outclassed on the big stage..

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #987 on: June 24, 2015, 09:31:48 PM »
I see the under 21s are being thoroughly outclassed on the big stage..

It's been dire. Poor defensively and poor up top. they needed Saido badly tonight.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #988 on: June 24, 2015, 09:35:08 PM »
Tonight's result is a real shame, Southgate had done a terrific job before this tournament so I hope there's no kneejerk reactions.
the regime don't like it man

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #989 on: June 24, 2015, 09:39:13 PM »
The fact Ward-Prowse or Loftus-Cheek can not get a start in this side is mind boggling.

The problems in English football are much bigger than Gareth Southgate. Still, what on earth possessed Dan Ashworth to appoint either Southgate or Aidy Bothroyd is beyond me.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #990 on: June 24, 2015, 09:40:30 PM »
Tonight's result is a real shame, Southgate had done a terrific job before this tournament so I hope there's no kneejerk reactions.

Well all 3 games have been a shame i think. Really poor in all 3. They looked great in qualifying, losing Saido was a blow but there should've been enough there to get things done. I'm not sure what to think about thi=e next generation after this, i had thought the future was bright.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #991 on: June 24, 2015, 09:44:57 PM »
Same old England, great in qualifying and rubbish in tournaments.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #992 on: June 24, 2015, 09:47:35 PM »
Well at least Berahino comes out of all this looking a lot better. Ings looks like a championship player, and teams attack fell apart without him. He's a much more intelligent player than virtually everyone else in that squad and it really showed how much they missed him making space for others and also has a lethal finish on him, something desperately lacking in that team.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #993 on: June 24, 2015, 09:49:13 PM »
Well that's summer sorted. I so need a break from our overrated players.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #994 on: June 24, 2015, 09:58:45 PM »
Really dissapointing.

Commentator along with 30 million or so people say we are not good enough myself included should we just accept this as the reason or should we be doing better ? It's a tough one for me, I think they get paid so much that they would rather take the summers for themselves, sad but true, Southgate looked like he had he's life earnings on it from the start not the picture of a man who enjoys the job.

Onto the game from a footballing point of view the Italians were fully deserving much better technically, vision, passing, control, shooting, pretty much most aspects of attacking play.

:(

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #995 on: June 24, 2015, 10:10:23 PM »
until the FA change tack on coaching we will continue to turn out workman like  "energy/ physical" based sides / tactics,
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #996 on: June 24, 2015, 10:14:53 PM »
Our players are just so over rated.  Its criminal how we (press and fans) build them up so much and that includes our senior players.  We have become a nation of average players who will struggle to qualify for tournaments in the near future unless the Premier League changes and brings in clauses to ensure young English players are given every chance and cheap average foreign imports are stopped.  We will become a Scotland and Republic of Ireland and will just be happy to qualify.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #997 on: June 25, 2015, 09:04:37 AM »
another failure and he wants to keep his job
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #998 on: June 25, 2015, 09:10:16 AM »
Had the most shots out of any team in the tournament  :o. Conversion rate of 3.50 % hugely embarrassing.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #999 on: June 25, 2015, 10:16:16 AM »
Our players are just so over rated.  Its criminal how we (press and fans) build them up so much and that includes our senior players.  We have become a nation of average players who will struggle to qualify for tournaments in the near future unless the Premier League changes and brings in clauses to ensure young English players are given every chance and cheap average foreign imports are stopped.  We will become a Scotland and Republic of Ireland and will just be happy to qualify.
Nail on head!
The Greed league may be the best paid and the most watched, but that is down to marketing not talent.
Let's face it, technically it is pretty abysmal. We complain week in week out about not being able to string 3 passes together and we finished 13th!
I agree with trying to bring kids through the ranks, but until the coaching improves we will still keep churning out the same dross, that can compete and even shine in the greed league, but get embarrassed on the world stage by lesser paid, but superior players.