Author Topic: Anything England Football  (Read 779194 times)

Dan

• WBA Coach

Re: Anything England Football
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2013, 11:34:40 PM »
It's very unfair to judge Neymar on the basis of one match, not least a friendly. The world cup will be the first time most the world see's him in proper competition.

If nothing else, at least these friendlies should give the team a bit of confidence we can compete with the big teams now, that's Italy, Spain, and Brazil we've beaten in friendlies in the space of a year, and draw's with France and Italy in competition football. For many years now our record, even in friendlies, against big teams is appalling.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 11:38:15 PM by Dan »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2013, 08:04:38 AM »
Wilshire. what a football player.Walcott had a good game too.Overall encouraging.I promised myself i wouldn't watch it but i am glad i did.Some faith in England restored
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2013, 08:26:00 AM »
I wasnt aware Brazil were 18th in the world rankings :o

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2013, 09:47:41 AM »
I wasnt aware Brazil were 18th in the world rankings :o

I didnt know they were that low down either.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2013, 09:55:24 AM »
I didnt know they were that low down either.

Is it because they aren't playing qualifiers because they are the hosts of the WC?

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #105 on: February 07, 2013, 10:05:53 AM »
Can't take too much from friendly games but the performance from our lads was pretty impressive, it shows that we are taking steps in the right direction if we can continue to improve.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #106 on: February 07, 2013, 11:12:11 AM »
It was a good win for us, but again we cant read to much into it. There have been some improving signs on this England team, Wilshire, Cleaverly and Gerrard look good together. Overall Joe Hart looks very solid in good, two great saves from him last night. 
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2013, 04:22:05 PM »
We have an England Player in our ranks.Well done Ben Foster for your call up.When was the last time we had a player called up for England duties?

The Gaffer

« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2013, 04:28:22 PM »
We have an England Player in our ranks.Well done Ben Foster for your call up.When was the last time we had a player called up for England duties?

The last Albion player I can remember playing for England is Steve Hunt back in about 1984.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2013, 04:29:56 PM »
Scott Carson?

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2013, 01:17:03 PM »
Fergies got his way then, Rio pulled out of the squad
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

wdbroun

« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2013, 06:19:52 PM »
Is anyone surprised by this? http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/18/rio-ferdinand-withdraws-england-squad

Perhaps the rather delicate-sounding medical programme is legit, but this indeed has Fergie's fingerprints all over it,  no?

I really admire Rio, and I'm sorry he's off. He was put in an awkward position. I don't blame him at all, personally, but I do feel a bit of resentment against Man U and Fergie. Am I being unfair to Fergie?

Could Roy have handled the whole thing better? I don't think so, but what do you think?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 06:21:38 PM by wdbroun »

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2013, 07:47:17 PM »
I think it is fair to say that Fergie does not like his players playing international football and in truth most of the bigger club managers have a regular moan about it during the course of a season. However I think Fergie is unique in actively encouraging his players to retire from international football once they reach 30.   
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2013, 07:50:08 PM »
Sounds like a big two fingers up back at Hodgson for picking Terry over Ferdinand last year.

Who cares? Ferdinand is average and always has been.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2013, 08:05:43 PM »
oh dear Ferdinand's out! whose backside is the Sun going to kiss now ;D

The Gaffer

« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2013, 08:10:12 PM »
Sounds like a big two fingers up back at Hodgson for picking Terry over Ferdinand last year.

Who cares? Ferdinand is average and always has been.

Can't agree with that Ferdinand is a Rolls Royce of a defender.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2013, 09:49:33 AM »

Can't agree with that Ferdinand is a Rolls Royce of a defender.

Both John Carew and Jimmy Floyd were on goals on Sunday a few weeks back and they said Rio was the best defender they ever played against in all European divisons

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2013, 09:54:36 AM »
Oh dear Gary Cahill pulled out now. SOS for John Terry?

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #118 on: March 19, 2013, 10:34:48 AM »
Steven Taylor called up. Is this the first time he's got in the full squad?

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2013, 10:56:39 AM »
He got a call up in August 2007 for a friendly against Germany apparently. Can't see him getting any game time here, Smalling and Lescott are presumably destined to start.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2013, 01:19:10 PM »
What annoys me is the press portraying it as a blow to Hodgson, and an embarrassment for him. Ferdinand wasn't picked because hes old and past it, and now that we've been left with few other options, Roy only picked him because he was backed into a corner. Now Rio's gone and chucked his toys out the pram, and I'll bet he doesn't get half as much stick for doing that as Ben Foster does for coming back.

The media basically feel slighted because it wasn't their mate the tax-dodger given the job, and want to get back at Roy and the FA. And loads of suckers will buy it hook, line and sinker.

wdbroun

« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2013, 04:30:42 PM »
What annoys me is the press portraying it as a blow to Hodgson, and an embarrassment for him. Ferdinand wasn't picked because hes old and past it, and now that we've been left with few other options, Roy only picked him because he was backed into a corner. Now Rio's gone and chucked his toys out the pram, and I'll bet he doesn't get half as much stick for doing that as Ben Foster does for coming back.

The media basically feel slighted because it wasn't their mate the tax-dodger given the job, and want to get back at Roy and the FA. And loads of suckers will buy it hook, line and sinker.
I don't think it's fair to lay the blame at Rio's feet. Imagine having to work for SAF? SAF is the puppetmaster here. I also read plenty of United fans' on Twitter who basically cheered him on, going on and on about how United is bigger than England. That pisses me off, personally.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2013, 09:56:04 PM »
Oh dear Gary Cahill pulled out now. SOS for John Terry?
Why him, theres a perfectly good central defender at Bolton at the moment who knows the England set up, can defend and score goals.  Dawson any body ??...............I mean, we're only playing San Marino FFS !! i COULD PLAY FOR ALL THE DEFENDING THAT WOULD BE REQUIRED !!!
He's a lad from the Wrenna

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2013, 11:00:04 PM »
Why him, theres a perfectly good central defender at Bolton at the moment who knows the England set up, can defend and score goals.  Dawson any body ??...............I mean, we're only playing San Marino FFS !! i COULD PLAY FOR ALL THE DEFENDING THAT WOULD BE REQUIRED !!!
The one who's already entered in the under 21 squad where he's destined to start and get good game time rather than sat on the bench twidling his thumbs? The one where it's better for both him and us if he stays where he is?

That one?

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #124 on: March 20, 2013, 01:41:58 AM »
The one who's already entered in the under 21 squad where he's destined to start and get good game time rather than sat on the bench twidling his thumbs? The one where it's better for both him and us if he stays where he is?

That one?
I think that´s the one he means.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.