Author Topic: Callum Robinson  (Read 172412 times)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Callum Robinson
« Reply #550 on: April 03, 2021, 05:41:28 PM »
Robinson is his own worst enemy though. He only ever performs against Chelsea. He was decent at Wolves too. Other than that he's offered nothing really.

Needs more consistency in his performances. He's done his chances no harm today but he needs to kick on from here.

Sometimes I think he tries too hard, runs too much and doesn't use his head enough. A bit more arrogance in his play might help him (and us). Stop pointless running, conserve energy and use his brain to take up positions that are more effective in hurting the opposition.

Sorry, but that made me loff !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #551 on: April 03, 2021, 05:41:45 PM »
He got left out for several games after his first 2-goal performance against Chelsea when he would have been brimming with confidence.  Hadn't been the same since until given the opportunity today.

Yeah and that was the guy that signed him. Bilić was determined for Grant to succeed. Robbo was the casualty.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #552 on: April 03, 2021, 07:57:09 PM »
If our third goal was scored by somebody deemed to be world class such as Haaland it would be all over the papers and would be talk of match of the day and I bet they glaze over it.

Sadly and more importantly he has been racially abused this evening after the game. The individual sent him emojis of monkeys. Hopefully Chelsea ban him for life (I doubt they will and I doubt he goes to games in the first place) and the police get involved.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #553 on: April 03, 2021, 08:01:34 PM »
I think he's been great this season and he's obviously ten times the player that HRK is. Criminally underused and Allardyce got it horribly wrong by excluding him before his hand was forced today.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #554 on: April 03, 2021, 08:02:16 PM »
His first goal in today's match was a sublime finish. Should be raved about outside of here but unlikely as you say.

Disgusted to hear he's been racially abused.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #555 on: April 03, 2021, 08:06:08 PM »
Disgusted to hear he's been racially abused.

How has that happened in an empty stadium, unless you mean there is an anonymous idiot on twitter?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #556 on: April 03, 2021, 08:09:15 PM »
How has that happened in an empty stadium, unless you mean there is an anonymous idiot on twitter?

Baggie 38 said above. Been sent monkey emojis on social media

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #557 on: April 03, 2021, 08:10:18 PM »

Instagram
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #558 on: April 03, 2021, 08:12:03 PM »
Instagram

Just seen the story. Fair play to Robinson for outing the poster, the authorities can deal with the idiot. The focus should be on Robinson's outstanding performance and goals.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #559 on: April 03, 2021, 08:13:05 PM »
I think he's been great this season and he's obviously ten times the player that HRK is. Criminally underused and Allardyce got it horribly wrong by excluding him before his hand was forced today.

His hand wasn't forced HRK was on the bench.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #560 on: April 03, 2021, 08:13:14 PM »
Exactly, incomprehensible.  You could just about make a case for HRK to see out a game you were winning, but that's not where we've been.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #561 on: April 03, 2021, 08:19:52 PM »
His hand wasn't forced HRK was on the bench.

His hand was forced to be more positive and to bring on another attacker by virtue of us being behind and Chelsea being down to ten men. Correct he could have opted for HRK again despite that being a blindingly god awful decision. I think Allardyce recognises now that by excluding Robinson and playing HRK over the last month or so he got it all wrong. It was tragic the way we fizzled out against Newcastle and Palace.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #562 on: April 03, 2021, 08:30:55 PM »
So you agree, his hand wasn't forced 😂

Look, if you are suggesting that Allardyce hadn't got it disgustingly wrong by playing HRK ahead of Robinson before today then you are flogging a dead horse.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #563 on: April 03, 2021, 08:32:39 PM »
HRK is used as a target man. He stands with his back to goal because he's a physical player and has next to no pace. Robinson is a completly different type of player. He makes runs from deep positions, which is exactly what we need. Hopefully Allardyce has seen the light, unless its literally the last 5 minutes and we need someone to run into the corner with the ball, and then HRK is the better player.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #564 on: April 03, 2021, 08:35:17 PM »
HRK is used as a target man. He stands with his back to goal because he's a physical player and has next to no pace. Robinson is a completly different type of player. He makes runs from deep positions, which is exactly what we need. Hopefully Allardyce has seen the light, unless its literally the last 5 minutes and we need someone to run into the corner with the ball, and then HRK is the better player.

I don't even think that HRK is better at holding the ball up either as he can't stop diving and falling over every five seconds. If you can cast your mind back far enough to the home game with Chelsea, it was HRK awful miss kicked clearance that led to one of their goals.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #565 on: April 03, 2021, 08:57:46 PM »
Love this lad , good player, and I believe he loves it here despite being shabbily treated by both managers this season.
The game today changed on Callums introduction. I had a bet on him to score today @ 8-1 and he was very instrumental in my winning 16-1 bet on the result (just wish I did the double).
Some people think we wasted money on Callum, I think think is one case where LD did a great bit of business in getting him in for Burke , Eh Mr Wilder.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #566 on: April 03, 2021, 09:19:17 PM »
Love this lad , good player, and I believe he loves it here despite being shabbily treated by both managers this season.
The game today changed on Callums introduction. I had a bet on him to score today @ 8-1 and he was very instrumental in my winning 16-1 bet on the result (just wish I did the double).
Some people think we wasted money on Callum, I think think is one case where LD did a great bit of business in getting him in for Burke , Eh Mr Wilder.

It was grand larceny.  I have no doubt that Wilder is a very good manager but his judgement across the forward department seems incredibly flawed. 

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #567 on: April 03, 2021, 09:22:57 PM »
So you agree, his hand wasn't forced 😂

Obviously he could have picked anyone on the bench.  There is no way he was about to make that change, the injury forced his hand and there wouldn't be a better time to go attacking. 

Chelsea had also gone 5 at the back so bringing on Kanu would have been a mistake, putting 2 against 5 would have made no difference.  Bringing on a midfielder gave us 2 extra men in there.  Sam could have gone Snodgrass or Diangana so deserves some credit for going Callum.  It was still a sub he didn't plan on making at that point.

brummyroader

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #568 on: April 03, 2021, 10:30:51 PM »
Chuffed for the lad think he has quality to offer, and one of the few that plays with a smile on his face.

ttree30

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #569 on: April 03, 2021, 11:03:53 PM »
I am so utterly sickened by this continual abuse of people on the grounds of race. What on earth is wrong with people?

We should never disallow legitimate criticism of someone (eg “he’s a poor player,” “he played badly,” “I don’t rate him”) - that’s free speech, and there shouldn’t be an assumption that it’s a view based on race or any other defining characteristic. People must be entitled to express an opinion, and that free speech principle should be fiercely defended.

But to abuse someone on the grounds of a characteristic - race, disability, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender etc - is utterly repulsive. There is no excuse.

I am so sick of it, and so sorry for Callum Robinson and anyone else on the receiving end of this abhorrent abuse. Free speech and opinion should be protected but the distinction is clear and obvious.

We have all been living through terrible times for the past year and I am utterly disgusted by this continuing intolerance and hatred, and those who perpetuate it should face suitable consequences.

Enough is enough. The time for this repulsive nonsense is over.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56628145

« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 11:06:25 PM by ttree30 »

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #570 on: April 03, 2021, 11:09:43 PM »
I am so utterly sickened by this continual abuse of people on the grounds of race. What on earth is wrong with people?

We should never disallow legitimate criticism of someone (eg “he’s a poor player,” “he played badly,” “I don’t rate him”) - that’s free speech, and there shouldn’t be an assumption that it’s a view based on race or any other defining characteristic. People must be entitled to express an opinion, and that free speech principle should be fiercely defended.

But to abuse someone on the grounds of a characteristic - race, disability, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender etc - is utterly repulsive. There is no excuse.

I am so sick of it, and so sorry for Callum Robinson and anyone else on the receiving end of this abhorrent abuse. Free speech and opinion should be protected but the distinction is clear and obvious.

We have all been living through terrible times for the past year and I am utterly disgusted by this continuing intolerance and hatred, and those who perpetuate it should face suitable consequences.

Enough is enough. The time for this repulsive nonsense is over.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56628145
I saw this about the abuse on Facebook earlier according to the people on there it was a supposed Albion fan. No matter who it is i hope they find them and throw the book at them disgusting things (i won't call them people)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #571 on: April 03, 2021, 11:12:41 PM »
I saw this about the abuse on Facebook earlier according to the people on there it was a supposed Albion fan. No matter who it is i hope they find them and throw the book at them disgusting things (i won't call them people)

The person who sent him the racist stuff was a Chelsea fan when I looked at his profile

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #572 on: April 03, 2021, 11:16:49 PM »
The person who sent him the racist stuff was a Chelsea fan when I looked at his profile
Cheers for that i couldn't get my head round it being a baggie. Disgusting whoever it is though.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #573 on: April 03, 2021, 11:17:31 PM »
Cheers for that i couldn't get my head round it being a baggie. Disgusting whoever it is though.

Yes mate. Vile business indeed.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #574 on: April 04, 2021, 08:39:45 AM »
I like Robinson. Probably not a premier league player (even as a squad player) but he is a hard worker with a bit more quality than he gets credit for. He could be a key player next season and he should have been given more minutes by Allardyce up to this point, but hopefully those goals will get him into the team from this point forward.

That second is as well taken as any you will see.
Boing Boing