Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread - Games resuming 20 June - CLUB RELATED ONLY  (Read 267440 times)

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

I fully expect the old Prem 1/Prem 2 idea to resurface big time now, 2 leagues of 18 or so, underneath it semi-pro leagues possibly on a regional basis to get rid of mad round trips like Carlisle - Plymouth.

Webby

• Senior Baggie

A local FA AGM was held the other night, I manage a team in there. Amateur, just below semi pro level and have been told don't expect our season to begin until December time and there will be "special" rules in place for Saturday matchdays.

Also no group training allowed only one on one coaching with 2 metre gap. Basically notraining as lower clubs don't have 20 coaches.

I know it's a different level but just some info for any of you who play Saturdays.
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

Forget mortality risk it is irrelevant so whether someone is in an at risk group is neither here nor there. Forget liability too difficult to prove even if the club took virtually no mitigating measures.

However the stumbling block is and always will be risk of infection posed by crowds (even reduced ones). The secondary consideration is that big random crowds quickly overwhelm any effort to track trace and isolate infected people.

I think dispersal might be an issue, & I still think it's doable, but the cost to police & manage it safely might make it prohibitive.

The problem is Stan, as we've said previously, if you can't get revenue from the fan base, where can you get it from?

I was listening to Chris Whitty the other night answering a question from Robby Savage, Prof Whitty suggested that the game itself might have to be modified to minimise the risk of cross infection.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

The social side of the game is as much as the sporting event itself for most people.
Think I'd sooner watch it at home with a beer myself than go through the rigmarole that will be needed to get in and out of the ground.
On the plus side you wouldn't have to go through the process of being rubbed down by those so called security staff outside the ground
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

.......On the plus side you wouldn't have to go through the process of being rubbed down by those so called security staff outside the ground

I've never had the full rub treatment, just the sparing pat downs.

Do  you pay extra for your season ticket  ;D ?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

I've never had the full rub treatment, just the sparing pat downs.

Do  you pay extra for your season ticket  ;D ?

Some of em get too close for my liking chap.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

One steward did to my left leg he nearly sh!t himself, I had told him not to touch my left leg but he wouldn't listen.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

and you'd be let out in the same way at the with each row leaving in turn.
I love your optimism mate, footie fans patiently waiting in queue's really isn't in the lexicon of most of 'em  ;)
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Just a thought.
If this season is actually played at least it will stop one major thing.
That is, it will not allow some of these players who get right into the referees face.
You know the types who run straight at them intimidating the ref.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

John Percy Twitter Account

"Hull City have sent a second letter to the EFL & the 23 Championship clubs reiterating their opposition to the season restarting. Rival clubs understood to be growing increasingly frustrated with their stance"
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Pathetic from Hull. They know they are going down. Cowards.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

To be honest it is a matter of indifference how other clubs vote. We are in an almost no lose situation. If the others choose to curtail the season that wraps up promotion if they chose to play on we are no worse off than we would have been. As long as we vote against curtailment our conscious is clear.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

"Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko
EFL have told Championship clubs to get started back to training and the majority want to finish. League one are split on a finish. League Two ending and play offs to be arranged. All now official from EFL to clubs. Vote on methods of ending June 1. More online later."

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

According to Rob Harris

2 people from 1 Championship club have tested positive for coronavirus after testing of 1014 players and staff from the 24 clubs
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

John Percy Twitter Account

"Hull City have sent a second letter to the EFL & the 23 Championship clubs reiterating their opposition to the season restarting. Rival clubs understood to be growing increasingly frustrated with their stance"

I wonder what would prompt a team 2 points off the relegation zone to draft a letter like that?

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

I wonder what would prompt a team 2 points off the relegation zone to draft a letter like that?

Probably because they were in free fall when the season was postponed (I think they had lost 8 of their last 10) and they fear they would be relegated if the season was restarted.
Self preservation!!

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

According to Rob Harris

2 people from 1 Championship club have tested positive for coronavirus after testing of 1014 players and staff from the 24 clubs

If you add to this the reports of a Bournemoth player also testing positive the question has to be, and given the approximate two week incubation period, how did they catch it in the middle of a lockdown?
Also testing without tracing is a complete waste of time, you could simply catch it hours after being tested as negative. I wonder if anyone is tracing who these positives have been in contact with recently given the most logical group they would have contact with is within their own clubs
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 12:54:48 PM by BigFrank20 »
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

If you add to this the reports of a Bournemoth player also testing positive the question has to be, and given the approximate two week incubation period, how did they catch it in the middle of a lockdown?

What lockdown? We've not had one. Probably caught it at the supermarket by walking into someone's cough or picking up something that someone had just put back down. Or something picked up off the postman's mail whilst still at home. Or one of their mates who they had round for the BBQ handled the same cup. Or they caught it off the tradesman who came to fix something at their house. 

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

What lockdown? We've not had one. Probably caught it at the supermarket by walking into someone's cough or picking up something that someone had just put back down. Or something picked up off the postman's mail whilst still at home. Or one of their mates who they had round for the BBQ handled the same cup. Or they caught it off the tradesman who came to fix something at their house.

Spot on. We haven't ever actually seen a true Lockdown throughout this crisis.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Hull have confirmed they are the club who have the 2 members of staff with Coronavirus

"Hull City can confirm that two people have tested positive for COVID-19 following the first round of testing at the training ground."

Heart bleeds for the club although i hope the 2 individuals make a swift recovery of course.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Hull have confirmed they are the club who have the 2 members of staff with Coronavirus

"Hull City can confirm that two people have tested positive for COVID-19 following the first round of testing at the training ground."

Heart bleeds for the club although i hope the 2 individuals make a swift recovery of course.

At least it's not their two best players...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

:D

No, they are safely tucked away elsewhere

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Interesting that Hull City identified them as "people" not "players".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52789239
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

All joking aside I've come very close to planting the occasional reflexive headbutt myself.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Just up on the club website

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2020/may/jenkins---we-want-to-finish-season-on-the-pitch/

As clear and as unambiguous statement of intent as you could hope for.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.