Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 844290 times)

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #4025 on: July 11, 2019, 07:19:01 PM »
I wish the bloke every success. I really do.

I just think it speaks volumes that after leaving us in 4th in the Championship, he's had to drop down a level for his next job.
could say the same about Bilic I suppose 🤔

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4026 on: July 11, 2019, 07:22:45 PM »
Look we all love big Dave as a person he is a gentle giant and gives his time for everyone but the fact is he shouldn't of been handed the job. That winning run towards the end of the premier League season was the worst thing that could of happened as it gave the board a easy decision to make. We should of gone for someone such as Dean Smith who has worked wonders with shoe string budgets. Sacking Darren was the right decision it was failing to replace him with a strong experienced replacement which was the mistake.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4027 on: July 11, 2019, 07:50:18 PM »
hope he gets given a bit more time, plenty of positives to Darren moore as a manager he needed a smaller job to find his feet.
very good opportunity for us to get the likes of leko and possibly o'shea or Fitzwater a loan deal and some game time
O Albion we love you

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4028 on: July 11, 2019, 09:14:43 PM »

Well his win rate including 6 PL matches for a start.
But in a very short unproven career
Still don't think it's deseverd
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4029 on: July 11, 2019, 11:06:32 PM »
Look we all love big Dave as a person he is a gentle giant and gives his time for everyone but the fact is he shouldn't of been handed the job. That winning run towards the end of the premier League season was the worst thing that could of happened as it gave the board a easy decision to make. We should of gone for someone such as Dean Smith who has worked wonders with shoe string budgets. Sacking Darren was the right decision it was failing to replace him with a strong experienced replacement which was the mistake.

A much more reasoned and balanced assessment than my manic rants.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4030 on: July 13, 2019, 10:22:37 AM »
I am pleased that he has got back into the game. I hope he does well at Donny but I wouldn't under estimate the pressure he is under there either. Yes they are in League one but they made the play-offs last year so there are expectations.

Hopefully he will pick up the lessons he has learned from his all too brief spell in charge at the Hawthorns and prove his critics wrong. As ever I am somewhat conflicted about the whole episode, I didn't think he should have been appointed in the first place but nor did I think he should have been sacked when he was.

Good luck to him I will be looking out for his results. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4031 on: July 13, 2019, 10:41:41 AM »
All the best Big Dave.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4032 on: July 13, 2019, 01:46:48 PM »
Good luck Darren, hope your successful  :D

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4033 on: August 02, 2019, 10:06:47 PM »
After watching that tonight, I'm so annoyed with Darren for trusting this guy. Hamstrung himself and was doomed to fail. Massive shame.

It was like watching Albion 18/19 lite.

Sh1te.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4034 on: August 02, 2019, 10:38:55 PM »
After watching that tonight, I'm so annoyed with Darren for trusting this guy. Hamstrung himself and was doomed to fail. Massive shame.

It was like watching Albion 18/19 lite.

Sh1te.

I agree mate.

it’s shame because I’ve always quite liked Luton for some reason, think it may have something to do with it’s the away end that stays in my memory more than any other but with Jones there it does make me want them to go down.

Really don’t like the bloke.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4035 on: August 03, 2019, 11:38:49 AM »
There is a Graeme Jones thread in the general sports section. Can you please post in there. Cheers
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4036 on: September 14, 2019, 12:33:07 PM »
Might be wrong of me to bring this up, but 9 of our starting XI today are black/mixed race.

Don’t hear Durham claiming us to be racist now do we. Ridiculous statement

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4037 on: September 14, 2019, 05:22:32 PM »
Looks like he has started well. Unbeaten.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4038 on: October 22, 2019, 11:42:20 PM »
Darren is at it again. 7(seven)-1 away win tonight.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4039 on: October 23, 2019, 07:11:25 AM »
FairPlay to him would love him to go up with them but let’s give everyone the full picture of last night at least, playing against a team who had already shipped 33 goals and were down to 9 men by the 53rd minute

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4040 on: October 23, 2019, 10:56:20 AM »
FairPlay to him would love him to go up with them but let’s give everyone the full picture of last night at least, playing against a team who had already shipped 33 goals and were down to 9 men by the 53rd minute

True. Still an impressive score-line, although the one main source I listen to concerning EFL Football were tipping Doncaster for a relegation struggle; while currently they are (just about) in the play-offs. Appears to be doing a good steady job at the least and wish him and Doncaster all the best myself (not really feeling similar sentiments for Luton though). 

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4041 on: October 23, 2019, 01:06:48 PM »
Saw this thread pop up and thought Doncaster had sacked him following a 1-7 away win  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4042 on: October 23, 2019, 08:07:38 PM »
Saw this thread pop up and thought Doncaster had sacked him following a 1-7 away win  ;D .

Me to.

Can I make a suggestion that the mods remove the “sacked” bit from the thread if possible please  :)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4043 on: October 24, 2019, 10:22:52 AM »
saw the "Darren Moore sacked" thread had been moved and then saw this thread. Put 2 & 2 together and made 5 !

Darren seems to be doing a good job at Donny, would be a major achievement to get them to play offs IMO, early days yet though.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

smethwick2

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4044 on: October 24, 2019, 01:05:50 PM »
I really hope that he learns from the mistakes he made with us and go on to become a top manager. Hardly a nicer guy in football and was a hero of mine growing up. If he could get the bit at the back right, he plays very nice attacking football and could do very well, just needs that experience where he can learn from his errors

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4045 on: October 24, 2019, 01:21:15 PM »
Thank you to the mods for listening  :)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4046 on: October 20, 2020, 09:13:31 PM »
Very good start to the season, given high flying Ipswich a tonking tonight, well done Darren
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4047 on: October 20, 2020, 10:37:52 PM »
Always follow his progress at Rovers and I hope he does well there as he is great bloke and I have a soft spot for them as  we won promotion there and it was brilliant to celebrate on an away pitch and their fans were very generous in their applause of our promotion whilst we celebrated.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4048 on: October 20, 2020, 10:47:52 PM »
Always follow his progress at Rovers and I hope he does well there as he is great bloke and I have a soft spot for them as  we won promotion there and it was brilliant to celebrate on an away pitch and their fans were very generous in their applause of our promotion whilst we celebrated.
That was a great day out, that was. Lovely sunny weather, really good match (Dorrans scored a cracker from a free kick if I remember correctly), and sealing promotion being the icing on the cake. Excellent result for big Dave tonight.

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4049 on: March 14, 2021, 02:41:49 PM »
Lost his first three games as Wednesday manager.

Wouldn’t surprise me if our fans blamed it on Graeme Jones despite him being at Newcastle.