Author Topic: Bakary Sako re-signs for Crystal Palace  (Read 41295 times)

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

Re: Bakary Sako Signs: Official
« Reply #125 on: January 01, 2019, 07:55:22 PM »
I don't understand what's happening?

Yes i get that he missed pre-season which is a blow to reaching optimum fitness.  We are now 3 months on I'd have thought 13 weeks would've been sufficient to integrate himself into the squad and get fitter.

With the double-whammy of losing Gayle to a hamstring and coping with an aged midfield within a packed festive schedule, this was the time for him to be prominent.

HRK is limited not a goalscorer.  JRod is an intelligent forward in the Andy Hunt mould but not a great goal poacher.

Surely he coukd've added something offensively even if he came on at HT in every game.

Thoughts?
Interestingly he posted on Twitter
Said that he felt fitter than he ever has been and thanked all those that helped him through the injuries
Our Pogba?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #126 on: January 01, 2019, 08:19:38 PM »
Interestingly he posted on Twitter
Said that he felt fitter than he ever has been and thanked all those that helped him through the injuries
Our Pogba?

I find it a mystery.  HRK has spent all of his time no higher than 2nd tier and this guy came from the Premier whilst not truly convincing at that level.

1) i can't believe he's declined so dramatically in 12 months.
2) He is behind HRK in the pecking order.
3) We are happy with a dramatic lack of pace up top without Gayle.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #127 on: January 01, 2019, 08:49:21 PM »
Simples..... I've seen him up close twice and he looked very ineffective.  Offered less than HRK imo.   Probably needed a good pre-season.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #128 on: January 01, 2019, 09:03:58 PM »
Simples..... I've seen him up close twice and he looked very ineffective.  Offered less than HRK imo.   Probably needed a good pre-season.

He needs a run of games and hasn't had it. Should have started again today and also needs to start the upcoming Cup game so he can get his game sharpness. (For the money he's on if we ain't going to play him we should release him and use wages elsewhere)
O Albion we love you

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #129 on: January 01, 2019, 09:08:03 PM »
Yeah but twice is very unlikely to be enough for him to get close to his match peak. A lot of players, after a lengthy time out, slowly improve over the course of half a dozen games before hitting peak again. Decent involvement in 3 or 4 games would give him some sort of chance of getting fully in gear. I view Sako as potentially more of a Phillips type than an HRK. HRK is a tad under-rated, can hold it up and on a good day is pretty decent player. Sako is not the holding it up type but is more explosive and given some decent run-outs would be more of an asset.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2019, 01:12:55 PM »

You can't just come in for a couple of games months apart, with a completely new collection of players, and be bang up to speed. Any player would struggle in that situation, unless they were world class.

Nobody can offer less than Robson-Kanu though - you can't offer less than nothing.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #131 on: January 02, 2019, 01:37:37 PM »
He is taking a bit of stick on here,but I thought he did ok first half v Sheff Wed,he won a couple of corners throughout the game,anyone thinking he is just going to start running rings round defenders with no game time is naïve,apart from Barry when he came on no one else performed particularly well in this game either

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #132 on: January 02, 2019, 02:09:13 PM »
Should have been brought on in games were the result had already been settled.

Games like Rotherham when we are 4-0 up, perfect opportunity to get minutes into the likes of Sako and Harper etc. But we chose to use the same subs we usually do.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2019, 11:18:58 AM »
Rumours floating about on Twitter that he’s having a medical at Palace and they will be taking over his contract....

smethwick2

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2019, 11:35:06 AM »
Rumours floating about on Twitter that he’s having a medical at Palace and they will be taking over his contract....

Don't feel he has really offered anything productive since he has been here and we cant afford/not worth him taking half a season to get in to the swing of things. Personally I hope he can make the switch and get him off our books but if he does then we need to replace him. All it takes is for J/Rod and Gayle to be out for a game and we are left with HRK up top on his own, which we can all agree wont be enough.

For the record I think we need to replace Barnes still anyway and I cant see us bringing in 2 more forwards in the next 6 days

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2019, 11:36:47 AM »
Yeah Alan Nixon said he's on his way to cpfc

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2019, 11:37:17 AM »
Code: [Select]
No concerns with him leaving providing we are looking at bringing someone in.

We could be ending January with no Barnes, no Sako, no Burke and an injured Phillips.

Leaves us very light up top.

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2019, 11:38:38 AM »
Don’t worry chaps , we’ve got Giles Barnes to replace him ???

Baggie Artist

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2019, 11:45:49 AM »
He has looked well off the pace for us, not sure what he could contribute at Crystal Palace.

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2019, 11:49:04 AM »
Code: [Select]
No concerns with him leaving providing we are looking at bringing someone in.

We could be ending January with no Barnes, no Sako, no Burke and an injured Phillips.

Leaves us very light up top.

Burke and Sako have barely featured so won't be missed and Phillips is only a short term injury. Reports suggest we have a replacement lined up for Barnes.

Also perhaps Sako possibly leaving can be viewed as the club letting him go as they have a second signing in the works.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 11:51:21 AM by Windmill Baggy »

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2019, 11:50:24 AM »
I guess Roy knows his abilities better than we do.

We must have something very close to agreed somewhere for an attacking replacement.

Beefy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2019, 12:00:51 PM »
Bakary Sako to re-join #cpfc from #wba. Due to undertake a medical at Beckenham, with Palace effectively taking over the remainder of his contract at the Hawthorns, which runs through to the summer. Bit on this blog: https://t.co/TQ1Kdp9UPF

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2019, 12:01:20 PM »
As long as we have a couple of attacking players with some pace and ability to beat defenders and play in the first team then no great loss.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2019, 12:02:17 PM »
It's a strange one given that he would most likely have started tomorrow, especially as Rodriguez is considered "doubtful" due to a knock he picked up against Bolton, so Rodriguez would make the bench at best.

I can only assume that IF we are letting Sako go we have a replacement lined up either the lad from Charlton (unless he went to Huddersfield) or Murphy from Newcastle.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2019, 12:08:57 PM »
It's a strange one given that he would most likely have started tomorrow, especially as Rodriguez is considered "doubtful" due to a knock he picked up against Bolton, so Rodriguez would make the bench at best.

I can only assume that IF we are letting Sako go we have a replacement lined up either the lad from Charlton (unless he went to Huddersfield) or Murphy from Newcastle.

I agree, let him go to free up wages for others is what it looks like.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2019, 12:13:31 PM »
So we've basically paid to get him match fit again for the benefit of Crystal Palace?

I fail to see a positive in this for us??

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2019, 12:21:05 PM »
even by our standards this is bizarre!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2019, 12:35:55 PM »
Express and star said he's on 30k a week in championship. Want Murphy and a new striker to replace Burke and Sako.

Albion Estate Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #148 on: January 25, 2019, 12:42:09 PM »
So we've basically paid to get him match fit again for the benefit of Crystal Palace?

I fail to see a positive in this for us??

My thoughts exactly.

Half a million quid.

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #149 on: January 25, 2019, 12:47:09 PM »
Express and star said he's on 30k a week in championship. Want Murphy and a new striker to replace Burke and Sako.

Has been on that with us, or is what he wants if he signs a new contract with us now he's match fit?