Author Topic: Kane Wilson  (Read 2881 times)

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

Kane Wilson
« on: March 30, 2018, 09:16:02 AM »
Just signed a 1 year extension to his contract and I had a sneaky peak at the Exeter forums and they rate him very highly.

A good few people commenting on how he plays like a player in his mid 20’s rather than an 18 year old.

Also some comments about how they’d expect him to feature in the Championship for us next season.

All very promising. I’d like to see him in the match 18 from next season.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Kane Wilson
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 09:33:39 AM »
Yes hope we are more prepared to give young players a chance in the Championship....we need some energy and life in the team after all even if they are still learning. He's had some good experience this year, including getting sent off twice but he'll have learnt a fair bit on and off the pitch.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 09:39:41 AM »
New blood - we need plenty of it mixed in with the few we can rely on.

Come on Albion board, give us something we can can get excited about. You promised us that at the start of this season and delivered the exact opposite.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 02:21:47 PM »
Exactly the sort of player we need coming through.
Baggie in Southampton

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 04:19:24 PM »
I’d hope Field, Harper, Leko and Wilson will be utilised in and around the first team next season.

I understand we can’t litter the starting 11 with youth players as it’s a recipe for disaster but I would make Field a bona fide starter and have the other 3 in and around the first team, on the bench, coming on as subs and filling in for injuries.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 05:08:09 PM »
New blood - we need plenty of it mixed in with the few we can rely on.

Come on Albion board, give us something we can can get excited about. You promised us that at the start of this season and delivered the exact opposite.
If at the start of the season we had said that we were going with youth and not going for players like Gibbs/krycowiak there would have been uproar
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 06:11:17 PM »
If at the start of the season the club said we rate Wilson highly and want to use him as LB and use field instead of Greg I would have been over the moon.

Bearing in mind we had signed Livermore and Barry too in CM too.

mig

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 11:44:38 AM »
Agree - we have to make sure the new manager (assuming we get one) is going to give young players a fair opportunity.

That - along with playing good, exciting football - are the two key criteria I'd be looking for from the interview process.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 09:57:06 PM »
If we don't play some of the youth players next season we never will. Already I imagine a lot of our youth players must be regarding us with suspicion. It must be particularly hard stopping our best players being poached at youth level when the chances given by us are no better than the top clubs.