Author Topic: Why did we play in yellow and green yesterday?  (Read 16110 times)

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Why did we play in yellow and green yesterday?
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2019, 05:11:47 PM »
Wonder what people would vote for if we could only have one kit ? Personally it would be blue and white for me .

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2019, 05:27:16 PM »
There is no rule that says we have to wear our away kit a certain number of times, there is no rule that says as we are "away" we wear our "away" kit, thats all made up nonsense folks.

As long as our home kit doesn't clash we can wear it as many times away from home as we wish.

So basically its just a commercial decision to make suree away kits gets seen and people buy it,

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-5--fixtures/

38 Registration of Playing Kits

38.1 During the Close Season, each Club shall notify The League, in writing, details of its ‘home’ and ‘away’ kit (shirts, shorts and socks) and if applicable any “third” set of kit. The League shall inform all other Clubs, Referees and Assistant Referees of such details. The ‘home’ kit so registered by each Club shall be worn for all Home Matches during the next following Season. No changes either in the kit or combination of colours of kit shall be permitted during the course of the Season.

38.2 Notwithstanding the aforementioned, each Club is authorised on one occasion per Season to play a Home match in an alternative kit. The League reserves the right to relax this restriction in respect of play-off matches after consultation with Clubs.

38.3 When away from home a Club shall play in a registered kit which is clearly distinguishable (shirts, shorts and socks) from those of their opponents. The League reserves the right to relax this requirement in respect of shorts where appropriate and after consultation with match officials.

Guidance

The order of precedence when determining kit colours for any fixture is as follows:

Home club outfield
Away club outfield
Home goalkeeper
Away goalkeeper
Match officials
Clubs are required to resolve any potential clash in advance of match day. Match Officials should ensure they find the playing kits of both teams acceptable. The Football Services Department in liaison with PGMOL will adjudicate if necessary and reserves the right to relax the requirement in respect of shorts where appropriate and after consultation with match officials.

A breach of this Regulation is designated a strict liability offence as detailed in Regulation 87.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2019, 05:28:10 PM »
I think a club's colours are part of its main identity. The more other colours that get a look in,  dilutes it.
Of course we have to have a change strip to avoid colour clashes. I'm not a great fan of green and yellow, but if that's it, only when there's a colour clash. Otherwise Albion is blue and white.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2019, 05:29:57 PM »
Is this a good time and place to admit I've just bought myself one of the purple tops?  ;D
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2019, 06:53:44 PM »
I bet you look fabulous in it
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2019, 07:22:42 PM »
We played in our designated away kit, whilst away from home - not sure what the problem is?
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2019, 07:30:08 PM »
Blue and White stripes unless we HAVE to change.My view. Only away shirt I have ever worn (to pub etc is black) A shirt looking like a walking "Marrow" is to much!  :D
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2019, 07:45:41 PM »
We were supposed to be playing in blue and white stripes, but the washer woman shoved one of her yellow jumpers in the wash.
They just got dyed.
 ;D

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2019, 09:09:38 PM »
Is this a good time and place to admit I've just bought myself one of the purple tops?  ;D

LOL Frank. I'm not against anyone buying club merchandise but  we are traditionally blue and white, and as said, by Alex, other strips dilute our identity. Nothing against the yellow and green when colours clash, but i like to see clubs play in their proper colours, that includes visiting ones to the Hawthorns. Imagine Liverpool turning up in yellow or Man United coming out in all green?

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2019, 07:59:24 AM »
LOL Frank. I'm not against anyone buying club merchandise but  we are traditionally blue and white, and as said, by Alex, other strips dilute our identity. Nothing against the yellow and green when colours clash, but i like to see clubs play in their proper colours, that includes visiting ones to the Hawthorns. Imagine Liverpool turning up in yellow or Man United coming out in all green?
Liverpool very often have yellow kit, Man Utd had a green and yellow halves kit
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2019, 08:46:22 AM »
It all comes down to sales.

You sell more kits if the team wears it regularly.

Football's a business, get used to it.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2019, 08:57:34 AM »
blue & white at home yellow and green away unless clashes, fine by me
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2019, 08:59:01 AM »
Still like the yellow and green and even the shorts have grown on me. I also like the blue and white but I've got no problem with which kit we play in on away days. Liking both kits makes this much easier for me.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2019, 09:33:14 AM »
I just think it’s disgraceful that we wear a change strip when we don’t need to, presumably to boost sales of the stuff, which to be honest, is just cheap (in quality), overpriced tat. Albion is navy blue and white stripes. Of course change when there is a clash, otherwise stick to the clubs colours (and tradition). Oh, and I really must add that that purple kit is just about the worst that we have ever had; how any Albion supporter can wear that rubbish is beyond me.

BLUE and WHITE stripes!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 09:54:19 AM by MarkW »

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2019, 09:42:57 AM »
I can picture you eyes a bulging with indignant fury as the Albion step out in lilac at away day of random choice. This mental image is quite hilarious and involves blood shot eyes, a deep purple face with puffed out cheeks and steaming ears. Mike, take a breath before you spontaneously combust mate ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2019, 09:59:31 AM »
I can picture you eyes a bulging with indignant fury as the Albion step out in lilac at away day of random choice. This mental image is quite hilarious and involves blood shot eyes, a deep purple face with puffed out cheeks and steaming ears. Mike, take a breath before you spontaneously combust mate ;D .

at least we've got a shirt that will match  :D

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2019, 10:11:06 AM »
Hahaha, well, some things just wind me up and I guess that I am a traditionalist when it comes to football, I like Albion to be Albion and that means blue and white stripes! I also dislike blatant exploitation, which is what all this multi kit nonsense is all about and of course it isn’t just Albion, all clubs are at it. I know that fans want to support their club but the clubs are ripping them off! No wonder my ticker is in a state, horrible away kits and Brexit to boot......! Maybe I should just go back to the Arctic, very peaceful there!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2019, 10:14:13 AM »

I have seen that lilac shirt on a few people now and I have changed my mind about it.....bloody awful shirt.
MAGA!

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2019, 10:15:56 AM »
Played in it twice this season and won both matches, they can wear it at home for me!!  ;D ;D

I am genuinely gobsmacked that there is a thread where some people are 'moaning' or expressing disgust at us wearing an away kit for an away match, am I missing something here??

#slownewsday #blamedowling #laiout
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2019, 10:17:42 AM »

Well, maybe I should avoid that pre match curry, must raise my temperature even more! You still going in there, Dan?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2019, 10:19:37 AM »
Played in it twice this season and won both matches, they can wear it at home for me!!  ;D ;D

I am genuinely gobsmacked that there is a thread where some people are 'moaning' or expressing disgust at us wearing an away kit for an away match, am I missing something here??

#slownewsday #blamedowling #laiout

well said indeed
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2019, 10:23:39 AM »
We live in a commercially driven world and football is not immune to that. Any money coming into the club helps with running and overheads costs, who knows where the money taken from shirts goes, some of it may go towards paying the wages of office and shop staff.

I love Navy Blue and White stripes and I love Green and Yellow stripes, but most of all, I love the Albion! COYB!!!!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2019, 10:47:26 AM »
My Grandad was a tough West Brom miner, he watched the likes of W.G., Glidden, Sanderson etc. I just smiled when i thought of him at Old Trafford watching the home team come out and then a team in yellow and green. He would have looked around the ground and at the programme to make sure he was at the right game. I could only imagine his reaction if we came out in a lilac strip. :)
Grandad died in 1975 in close season, just about the time the yellow and green made an appearance.
Some things are meant to be.

TLMS17

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2019, 10:52:33 AM »
Be prepared to see it again Sat or even the lilac kit
Born For Albion     Live For Albion     Die For Albion

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2019, 11:20:29 AM »
Our colours are navy blue and white stripes, no other club plays in those colours.
What is this obsession with yellow and green?
I was following  home andaway when we adopted the yellow and green,(and i fort it looked vewwy pwetty), but we are West Bromwich Albion, not Norwich City.
It's got to the point now that our fans are more interested at the start of the season if we will play in yellow and green, rather than who we will sign.

For god's sake, pull yourselves together you lot.

I'm assuming you are aware of the irony in your statement.