Author Topic: Nathan Ferguson Joins Crystal Palace  (Read 203861 times)

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Nathan Ferguson
« Reply #450 on: January 29, 2020, 03:32:33 PM »
Initial 4 mill that could rise up to 10 mill. Assume that’s with stupid clauses like Europe, England appearances etc. Happy with that though

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #451 on: January 29, 2020, 03:39:34 PM »
Call me bitter but i find it disgusting how he has repaid Slav by jumping ship at the first attempt.
BOING BOING

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #452 on: January 29, 2020, 03:48:04 PM »
Call me bitter but i find it disgusting how he has repaid Slav by jumping ship at the first attempt.

agreed. no one even knew of him including us as fans in the summer. Bilic made a huge call to start him against Forest first game.

for a 19 year old kid, he should have re-paid some faith for what the club have done but that does not seem to happen much anymore in todays game.

i mean if we were to get promoted and at the moment it is a very big IF but once promoted, Palace are no bigger club than we are.

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #453 on: January 29, 2020, 03:50:04 PM »

No problem with it personally. Wish he had stayed as he adds something to the team right now and could potentially be worth anything up to £50m in a couple of years if you look at what Wan Bissaka went for. However we release dozens of young players who we deem not good enough every year even though they have played for us for free for years. Can't have it both ways when someone who has the option to play at a higher level decides to take it. Only issue I have is if a player goes on strike to force through a move. In Fergusons case I'm sorry he's leaving but he's paid for the academy for another 2 years. Fair play to him if he see's his career elsewhere.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #454 on: January 29, 2020, 03:56:29 PM »
Hopefully the club learns a lesson from this in terms of offering the most promising youngsters better deals. Not the first to walk away but at least we got some money for him.

If his hearts not here then get rid, i wish him well. Lets use that money wisely.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #455 on: January 29, 2020, 03:56:35 PM »
Disappointed that he has gone within a few months of having faith laid in him, but there seems to be a deeper issue with the academy on that front.

Glad overall that we have got a result. After making a mess of it up to this point (in my eyes), a deal of £4 million with add ons as suggested would be a fair deal for both clubs and in line with how all youth transfers for top youngsters should be.

I'm not convinced he will be a world beater who ever commands a fee over £10 million, but he could establish himself in the top flight as a steady, solid right back.

Pays for the academy running costs for next year.
Boing Boing

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #456 on: January 29, 2020, 03:58:52 PM »
Just don't understand the lad !! Has the potential to go to the top of our game but to jump ship for a club of Palaces'size and stature at the first possible chance makes no sense !oh andi for 1 don't think at f/b O 'Shea is anywhere near the quality of this lad !!
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #457 on: January 29, 2020, 04:00:43 PM »
Got 'Billy Big Boots' written all over it but at least we are getting some reasonable cash for him and as others have eluded to, he has virtually come from nowhere this year.
MAGA!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #458 on: January 29, 2020, 04:01:04 PM »
I think it will be an undisclosed fee
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #459 on: January 29, 2020, 04:03:49 PM »
No problem with him moving but I think his agents could have handled it better. He's obviously been advised to let his contract run down so that the club had no option but to let him go.
His performances (like s few others) have been half hearted at best of late.
I think he should go on and have a decent career if he keeps his feet on the floor
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #460 on: January 29, 2020, 04:04:51 PM »
Just don't understand the lad !! Has the potential to go to the top of our game but to jump ship for a club of Palaces'size and stature at the first possible chance makes no sense !oh andi for 1 don't think at f/b O 'Shea is anywhere near the quality of this lad !!

Forget about club sizes etc. He's swapping the Championship for the PL. If he had left us this window to push through a move to Stoke or Forest then fair enough.

Most important thing now is sorting out a replacement. We've gone from Ferguson, Furlong and Gibbs fighting over 2 places to having Townsend as a starter in the the last month. Olsson looked ok to me on a no risk 6 month deal a few weeks back but we can't count on Gibbs to be fit and need better quality now.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #461 on: January 29, 2020, 04:07:11 PM »
His agent has likely advised he needs to take this chance to get a big sign on fee and a guaranteed big wage for the next 4/5 years. Had he stayed and regressed he might have missed out on millions of pounds over the course of the contract.

Doesn't make it any less frustrating but unlike with Barry and arguably Rodgers, it feels we have this time got a fee closer to his real value.
Boing Boing

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #462 on: January 29, 2020, 04:10:59 PM »
Ah well, based on his performances in the past few weeks he left the club a while back so we may as well get some money for him that we can hopefully apportion toward wages or transfer fee to improve key positions in the next couple of days.

Not quite the step up I was expecting for him considering the previous links, but he has a better chance of getting game time there so it may be a wise move for him.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #463 on: January 29, 2020, 04:35:49 PM »
Would imagine Roy being there is s big factor given he would have known him.

I wish him well. He is a baggies fan, he is furthering his career and we have made money from our academy.

Disappointed yes, but it is his career. He has just made his family for life and who of us wouldn't do that.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #464 on: January 29, 2020, 04:41:20 PM »
Would imagine Roy being there is s big factor given he would have known him.

I wish him well. He is a baggies fan, he is furthering his career and we have made money from our academy.

Disappointed yes, but it is his career. He has just made his family for life and who of us wouldn't do that.

Depends how you feel about your family I guess  ;D

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #465 on: January 29, 2020, 04:43:04 PM »
If you break this down it really is a good deal, he was about to be let go for nothing at the end of this season before Slav gave him his break, he has had some great games, some good games and some poor games. So £5-10m instead of nothing is great.

He may turn out to be a world beater or a non league misfit but all the club can judge this on is what we currently know and that is good money for someone nobody rated six months ago.
Gera, Gera, Gera

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #466 on: January 29, 2020, 04:44:14 PM »
Shame the lads has had his head turned and in my opinion is going for the short term financial gain, but as some posters have said previously, he isn't that good. He doesn't have the attacking quality required to be an elite full back. Mid - lower end premiership is his ceiling.

He is giving up a potential promotion, academy adulation, the club he supported and nurtured him for Palace, a club that will never be too far from relegation and will inevitably be relegated at some point. I would find it easier to understand if it was a club of a bigger stature.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on, wouldnt be surprised if he doesn't play much for the rest of the season.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #467 on: January 29, 2020, 04:47:02 PM »
Also a great thing for the club that he signs for a british club for a decent fee rather than a foreign club for £235k
Gera, Gera, Gera

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #468 on: January 29, 2020, 04:53:09 PM »
Seems a win win for acadamy at Lest we get a good price + add ons for one of our young players, so if this happens i would happily wish Nathan all the best.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #469 on: January 29, 2020, 04:56:41 PM »
Think it's a good deal for us, with him out of contract in the Summer. Especially if, as has been reported, his agents won't even sit down to talk with us. (The same agents as Berahino, Jerome Sinclair, etc.).

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #470 on: January 29, 2020, 05:05:05 PM »
Think it's a good deal for us, with him out of contract in the Summer. Especially if, as has been reported, his agents won't even sit down to talk with us. (The same agents as Berahino, Jerome Sinclair, etc.).

that being the case maybe the club should tell the acadamy lads that their are certain agents that are not welcomed by the club & if the lads wish them to represent them they could be let go.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #471 on: January 29, 2020, 05:06:46 PM »
that being the case maybe the club should tell the acadamy lads that their are certain agents that are not welcomed by the club & if the lads wish them to represent them they could be let go.

Would be a worthy thing in my opinion. Tell them at 15 before they even have a whiff of making it and I’m sure most would comply.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #472 on: January 29, 2020, 05:17:40 PM »
well done Slav, got his value up by playing him,

Bye Bye son, see you soon hopefully
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #473 on: January 29, 2020, 05:32:37 PM »
I don't remember this been posted from when he was on soccer am, just been sent it from a Palace fan.

https://youtu.be/83xS8_c-US8
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

letmereadposts

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #474 on: January 29, 2020, 05:52:16 PM »
Trying to please Ferguson with game time despite a significant drop in form was a huge disruption to our defence. Hoping this reduces the interventions of full back subs during a game and bring much needed stability to our back line.