Author Topic: Perhaps this is our season?  (Read 3820 times)

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

Perhaps this is our season?
« on: February 21, 2011, 10:31:19 AM »
Since the 6 – 0 thrashing at the Bridge, we have not been in the bottom three. Despite the poor results of recent months we have avoided the bottom three by the skin of our teeth.

It got me thinking of all the results and records that have been broken this season. The Everton and Arsenal results, the only club to pick up a point at Old Trafford.

Although we are not winning at the moment we are not losing and those draws now need to be turned into wins.

There is no reason that we cannot beat the record books again and beat Stoke on Monday night.

Perhaps this is our season after all?

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: Perhaps this is our season?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 11:56:23 AM »
Watching MOTD last night Hodgson impressed me in the way he came across. He's not given us a definite answer as in to whether we'll stay up but he's said the boys will put in their maximum effort.

I'd like to see us go to Stoke and just grind out a result. Results are more important at the minute and if we can be tough to beat away from home we'll have every chance.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 12:38:02 PM by LiamTheBaggie »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 12:05:30 PM »
I thought this myself.

The fact our results have been shocking to say the least over the last 10 games, and were still not in the relegation zone, can only be a positive?

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 12:07:13 PM »
Our run in makes me think otherwise. Although how many of us thought that about our opening 10 fixtures. The likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and Villa aren't unbeatable. Its going to be tight.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 12:10:48 PM »
We had the worst set of fixtures at the start and the end is pretty tough too.We messed up in the middle
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 01:48:14 PM »
I've thought the same all season, i just have that feeling that we'll be ok  :-\
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 03:45:56 PM »
Ive always thought that we would stay up this season, we have only lost three times at home this season, which is very good.  I expect us to pick up a shock away win somewhere in the next few weeks too.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC