Author Topic: WBA FC Womens Thread  (Read 46659 times)

Dale

• Youth Baggie

Re: WBA FC Women need your support!
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2019, 11:56:57 AM »
Good to hear Oldbury24. Glad you and your little lass enjoyed the day! Nice to see a lot more Baggies fans come and support us yesterday. The girls are going to need it now with the final nine games remaining for the chance of promotion.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2019, 03:29:21 PM »
We were made aware when the Cap. was handing out flyers in the supporters area outside the ground before the Norwich game.   My little one is only 7 so she was actually a bit starstruck to be meeting the Albion captain :) and kept mentioning it after the match.   We had watched the England ladies on the telly so she had mentioned watching some live football so it was perfect.

My daughter also made sure to see the Cap. at the end of the games yesterday, and she was good enough to thank my daughter for coming along and asked her if she enjoyed the game.   Very happy little girl, she even mentioned she might like to give up ballet and play instead...don't think Mom was quite so keen on that :)  Future Albion player maybe. 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 03:31:12 PM by Oldbury24 »

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2019, 05:58:29 PM »
Watched the goals the ladies scored against Wolves via Twitter earlier and they looked might impressive.

Well done to all concerned in the Albion Ladies venture, we have some quality players in the team.

Source:  https://twitter.com/WBA/status/1089854483079794688   
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2019, 05:54:59 PM »
Congratulations to @WBAWomen Manager @louis_sowe on being named January’s #FAWNL Manager of the Month in the Division One category! #WeAreNational

Congratulations to Louis and his staff and well done to the team! Boing, Boing!!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2019, 07:44:06 PM »
Well the Plate.  Left my seat at the Hawthorns empty yesterday following a nasty attack of indifference and instead drove over to Rugby with my little girl to watch Albion ladies demolish Liverpool  Feds 5-1 in the National Plate Final.  Fantastic performance, they worked so hard together as a team with a high press and scored some cracking goals.   Been following the baggies for 35 years and first national Cup competition I've seen any Albion team win.  It is the second tier Cup but a win is a win 😁. Relegated last year but unbeaten this.... COYLB

How did that end up here?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 09:03:02 PM by Oldbury24 »

Dale

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2019, 08:18:52 AM »
Great to hear Oldbury24. I think I know who you are now!  :P

It was a fantastic day and the first time we have ever won the Plate, so history made on that score and we are still in with a chance of a incredible TREBLE!

We now have another huge game this Easter Sunday where we can wrap up the title and promotion back to the Northern Division (Women's third tier).

Any Baggies fans that can come along to support us for this one, then please do as it's FREE entry. We take on Steel City Wanderers (ko 2pm) at the University of Wolverhampton, (Walsall Campus), Gorway Road, WS1 3BE.

Failing that, you will be able to follow updates on our twitter @WBAWomen or Facebook page Facebook.com/AlbionLadies.

Boing Boing!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2019, 11:44:22 AM »
The womens team are playing at Tamworth tomorrow against Coventry United in the Birmingham FA Womens Cup, they beat Burton Albion Ladies 6-0 yesterday
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2020, 02:32:23 PM »
The ladies are upto 4th in their league after their latest victory over Sunderland.  Just 3 points off top !

Well done girls !!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Albion Women Thread
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2021, 04:25:09 PM »
11 July 2021 Albion Women 4 Cheltenham Town Ladies 1

There's been very little on Albion Women on westbrom.com, so it would be nice to change that as we should support them like we do the men's team. Hopefully the mods will allow their results to be posted somewhere on the Matchday Forum going forward. I'm happy to post each of their results if no-one else beats me to it.

Today was Albion's first pre-season game and they beat Cheltenham Town Ladies 4-1, with 2 players making their debuts amongst the scorers.

Sadly, today was also Head Coach Louis Sowe's final game in charge, as he resigned during the week. During his 4 years at the helm, Albion Women have won 2 trophies, reached 4 finals and won 57 of his 96 games in charge, so whoever they appoint next will have a lot to do to match his level of success.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 04:48:58 PM by OldburyWBA »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: 11 July 2021 Albion Women 4 Cheltenham Town Ladies 1
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2021, 04:48:05 PM »
One thread in the main board will be sufficient, no need for threads for each game.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Albion Women Thread
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2021, 05:39:57 PM »

There's been very little on Albion Women on westbrom.com, so it would be nice to change that as we should support them like we do the men's team. Hopefully the mods will allow their results to be posted somewhere on the Matchday Forum going forward. I'm happy to post each of their results if no-one else beats me to it.

Today was Albion's first pre-season game and they beat Cheltenham Town Ladies 4-1, with 2 players making their debuts amongst the scorers.

Sadly, today was also Head Coach Louis Sowe's final game in charge, as he resigned during the week. During his 4 years at the helm, Albion Women have won 2 trophies, reached 4 finals and won 57 of his 96 games in charge, so whoever they appoint next will have a lot to do to match his level of success.

Great idea this  :D

Any idea why he has resigned?

chippyclarke

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2021, 06:33:06 PM »

Probably going to Villa!

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2021, 09:19:09 AM »
Hopefully enough posters will take an interest in the Women's team to make this thread worthwhile. It doesn't really matter what level they play at and, hopefully, football misogyny won't be a factor. At the end of the day, the ladies are West Bromwich Albion too - one club and all that!  :)

His statement said he'd been at the club for 4 years and was now looking for a new opportunity. The farewell tweets from some of the players in response suggest that he's already got something lined up, which is also suggested by the timing of his resignation just a couple of days before the first pre-season friendly, but it hasn't yet been revealed what it is.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2021, 11:19:09 AM »

There's been very little on Albion Women on westbrom.com, so it would be nice to change that as we should support them like we do the men's team......

There's a pinned thread to Albion Ladies just above your new thread on the main West Bromwich Albion board........

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=19246.0
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2021, 11:43:53 AM »
There's a pinned thread to Albion Ladies just above your new thread on the main West Bromwich Albion board........

Its only been there since October 2016 so not sure its long enough for people to see it  :D

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2021, 01:07:22 PM »

I originally started this thread in the Matchday Forum, as I had the idea of posting the Women's results there each week, but OldburyWBA moved it to here and changed the title, as he didn't feel individual matchday threads were warranted for the Women's team.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2021, 01:10:28 PM »
I originally started this thread in the Matchday Forum, as I had the idea of posting the Women's results there each week, but OldburyWBA moved it to here and changed the title, as he didn't feel individual matchday threads were warranted for the Women's team.

And the fact that that thread has been there since 2016 and has a handful of replies justifies that decision.

Not everyone is interested just as not everyone is interested in U23 and Academy sides which is why they also do not have their own threads.

Instead of doing something and then telling us what you want to do might have been an idea to approach one of us to find out where we stand on it.

Also something you failed to notice is that all the topics in the Matchday Forum are stickied to keep the games in order so your post went straight to the bottom of page 28 where no-one would see it after an hour or so.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2021, 01:30:54 PM »
And the fact that that thread has been there since 2016 and has a handful of replies justifies that decision.

Not everyone is interested just as not everyone is interested in U23 and Academy sides which is why they also do not have their own threads.

Instead of doing something and then telling us what you want to do might have been an idea to approach one of us to find out where we stand on it.

Also something you failed to notice is that all the topics in the Matchday Forum are stickied to keep the games in order so your post went straight to the bottom of page 28 where no-one would see it after an hour or so.
I just had what I thought would be a nice idea for what I feel is a worthy cause. I wasn't looking for an argument. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2021, 01:32:05 PM »
Can only speak for myself, but I have a bit of a blindspot for the pinned topics at the top of the main forum. I think because they are a different colour, I just don't look at them and my eyes automatically go to the first "new" topic on the page.

Boing Boing

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2021, 01:57:21 PM »
Can only speak for myself, but I have a bit of a blindspot for the pinned topics at the top of the main forum. I think because they are a different colour, I just don't look at them and my eyes automatically go to the first "new" topic on the page.

Pity to be honest as if more people took notice of them we wouldn't have half the problems we do at times  :D

The reason the topic was for the Womens team was put there in the first place was after the person who was doing their press asked us to try and promote them on here, if it hadn't been a sticky post it would have vanished off the first page within a day or so.

We have no problem with the Womens team being promoted on here but until there is sufficient demand then we cannot justify having a seperate section for them, that is the only reason.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2021, 03:38:18 PM »
I'd close the curtains if they were playing in my back garden tbh...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2021, 04:10:07 PM »
I'd close the curtains if they were playing in my back garden tbh...

is your face that off putting?  :D

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2021, 04:39:03 PM »
I meant to go to a game a few years ago but now they are played over in Walsall Wood It feels a bit of a trek really considering where our heartlands are. Considering the quality of facilities there, I’m surprised they couldn’t find a more local base.

We did get close to getting into the championship where the standard is quite high a few years ago when Graham Abercrombie was in charge but it seems we have settled back a. bit since then.

It would be good if we could get ourselves into the pro ranks, as Wolves do seem to be pushing their women’s side now and I’d hate to be the only one of the West Midlands big four not to have a side at that level, but I can’t see it at the moment.

As an aside, I was in Berlin when they hosted the Women’s World Cup and they seemed to treat it like the men’s side. Huge sell out crowd, people drinking in the pubs pre game and the s bahn packed with Germany shirts.
Boing Boing

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2021, 09:52:38 PM »
I meant to go to a game a few years ago but now they are played over in Walsall Wood It feels a bit of a trek really considering where our heartlands are. Considering the quality of facilities there, I’m surprised they couldn’t find a more local base.
I don't know the ins and outs of it, but the friendly against Cheltenham last Sunday was played at the Performance Hub at the Walsall Campus of the Wolverhampton Uni, which is near to Junctions 7-9 of the M6. The public are being allowed to attend these friendlies.

The next friendly is at home to Bolton Ladies this Sunday, but they haven't said where the game will be played yet. The other home friendlies are against Plymouth on July 25th and Bristol City on August 1st.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2021, 10:39:34 AM »
Our most recent Albion Women's Football thread is no longer on the first page of West Bromwich Albion threads, so I'm leaving the following info' on the pinned thread as I can't be doing with looking for the other one...........

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/albion-women-202122-fixtures-announced

'Albion Women’s fixtures for the 2021/22 season have been announced.

The Baggies will compete in the third tier of the women’s football pyramid, the FA Women’s National League Northern Premier Division.

Their opponents will include East Midlands sides Derby County, Loughborough Lightning and Nottingham Forest, as well as local rivals Stoke City and newly promoted Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Information around match day prices and season tickets will be announced in due course.

Full fixtures:

Sunday, August 15 – AFC Fylde (A)

Midweek w/c August 23 – Wolverhampton Wanderers (H)

Sunday, August 29 – Middlesbrough (A)

Sunday, September 5 – Sheffield FC (H)

Sunday, September 12 – Women’s National League Cup – Determining Round

Sunday, September 26 – Loughborough Lightning (H)

Sunday, October 3 – Brighouse Town (A)

Midweek, w/c October 4 – Nottingham Forest (H)

Sunday, October 10 – Women’s National League Cup & Plate Preliminary Round

Sunday, October 17 – Hull City (A)

Sunday, October 24 – Derby County (A)

Sunday, October 31 – Burnley (A)

Sunday, November 14 – Huddersfield Town (H)

Midweek, w/c November 15 – Stoke City (H)

Sunday, November 28 – Women’s FA Cup Second Round

Sunday, January 9 – Women’s FA Cup Third Round

Sunday, January 16 – AFC Fylde (H)

Midweek, w/c January 24 – Wolverhampton Wanderers (A)

Sunday, January 30 – Middlesbrough (H)

Sunday, February 6 – Loughborough Lightning (A)

Sunday, February 20 – Hull City (A)

Sunday, February 27 – Brighouse Town (H)

Midweek, w/c February 28 – Nottingham Forest (A)

Sunday, March 6 – Derby County (H)

Sunday, March 13 – Burnley (H)

Sunday, March 27 – Huddersfield Town (A)

Midweek, w/c March 28 – Stoke City (A)'.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.