Author Topic: Grady Diangana  (Read 272285 times)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: Grady Diangana (on loan from West Ham)
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2019, 06:07:36 PM »
A West Ham win last night was badly needed for our hopes of keeping Diangana. It seems from reports this morning that Pellegrini would be lucky to still be in charge come the weekend so we can probably presume a new man will be in charge some times in January, pending a miracle.

While Pellegrini seems to accept that Diangana would have limited chances in a side containing 6/7 other players who can feature in similar positions, a new manager will almost certainly want the option in his squad of a player who is so far in the team of the season in the championship. Unless West Ham already have somebody lined up to sign, i'd say the odds of Grady going back possibly went over the 50% mark with last nights result.

Facing the prospect of a 2nd season on the trot losing our top loan signing (while the rest of our rivals keep theirs) is pretty f****** annoying, and it does raise questions around the wisdom of signing loan players from the mid sized prem clubs with break clauses in the agreements, who are more likely to take them back as soon as they show a bit of form, but it isn't an easy situation and I do have symapthy with the club.

It is slightly less impactive than losing Barnes, as he was our best player and catalyst in the 1st half of last season, where as Diangana is more of grwat compliment to Pereira/Sawyers/Phillips.

I'd say he is easier to replace, maybe by Willock, but it might well be the difference between first and third unless we get a replacement right.
Boing Boing

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2019, 10:35:22 PM »
First day he can be called back is 1st Jan, the day we play.....

Leeds.

Just hope Slaven can call some favours in and he is recalled 2nd Jan.

The writing is on the wall - last night West ham brought on Holland as a sub, who is the young lad West Ham have reportedly offered to us to make up for the recall of Diagana, if it happens.

If they are at the stage of bringing on players who are below Diagana in the pecking order, I personally believe he won't be here in Jan.

Just hope it's the 2nd he is recalled and Albion are on the ball and already considered this...
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2019, 09:23:04 AM »
I think he was a bigger miss than Perreira on Wednesday. Don't get me wrong, Perreira is a better player but, when it comes to transition from defence to attack, which was far too slow against Wigan, Grady is key. Edwards and Phillips just don't give us the same burst as one lacks control and the other pace.
The best bit of business we can do this January is to keep him here.
West Ham need to find some form!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2019, 09:24:49 AM »
I think he was a bigger miss than Perreira on Wednesday. Don't get me wrong, Perreira is a better player but, when it comes to transition from defence to attack, which was far too slow against Wigan, Grady is key. Edwards and Phillips just don't give us the same burst as one lacks control and the other pace.
The best bit of business we can do this January is to keep him here.
West Ham need to find some form!

Edward's just isn't very good, and has no left foot.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2019, 09:41:25 AM »

Edward's just isn't very good, and has no left foot.
He'll carve out a decent career but not at the level we are at or, more importantly, aspire to.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2019, 10:46:43 AM »
First day he can be called back is 1st Jan, the day we play.....

Leeds.

Just hope Slaven can call some favours in and he is recalled 2nd Jan.

The writing is on the wall - last night West ham brought on Holland as a sub, who is the young lad West Ham have reportedly offered to us to make up for the recall of Diagana, if it happens.

If they are at the stage of bringing on players who are below Diagana in the pecking order, I personally believe he won't be here in Jan.

Just hope it's the 2nd he is recalled and Albion are on the ball and already considered this...

I’ve accepted he is going back mate . He is no doubt about it . That’s my only hope now that he plays the Leeds game then goes back to West Ham for the cup weekend. Which is a perfect game to play for West Ham

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2019, 11:15:33 AM »
I’ve accepted he is going back mate . He is no doubt about it . That’s my only hope now that he plays the Leeds game then goes back to West Ham for the cup weekend. Which is a perfect game to play for West Ham
Think that's typical Baggies pessimism right there mate  :) Only thing I've heard from West Ham is that he's staying so still think there's a good chance he will. If Pellegrini gets the boot then it could change but for now I'm still optimistic.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2019, 06:41:41 PM »
Think that's typical Baggies pessimism right there mate  :) Only thing I've heard from West Ham is that he's staying so still think there's a good chance he will. If Pellegrini gets the boot then it could change but for now I'm still optimistic.

just like Lecister was sayig last season.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2019, 06:46:37 PM »
If he goes, he goes, he was never 'ours' and would/will be gone at some point so we have to trust the management team have a plan as they seem to have had a plan for most things so far this season (except maybe a cold wet night in Wigan!)
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2019, 07:02:31 PM »

It’s not pessimism mate it’s realism. West Ham would be insane not to recall him

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2019, 08:51:49 PM »
It’s not pessimism mate it’s realism. West Ham would be insane not to recall him
£1 he stays?👍

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2019, 10:21:00 PM »
Article in him just gone up on the Athletic.

Basically saying Bilic is going to send a personal plea to WHU board asking he stays. If Pellegrini stays then do doe the chances Diangana stays with us.

If not preferred replacements are Bowen and Gayle in that order.

The Wba board can recall Leko but don't want to unless necessary, they feel he needs a full season in the champo starting games first.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2019, 06:37:10 AM »
If he goes, he goes, he was never 'ours' and would/will be gone at some point so we have to trust the management team have a plan as they seem to have had a plan for most things so far this season (except maybe a cold wet night in Wigan!)
As I was saying
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2019/12/13/west-brom-prepared-for-potential-grady-diangana-january-exit/
Albion are monitoring Manuel Pellegrini’s position at West Ham – with a contingency plan in place should the Hammers decide to recall Grady Diangana.
Albion are monitoring Manuel Pellegrini’s position at West Ham – with a contingency plan in place should the Hammers decide to recall Grady Diangana.
Albion have identified a number of players to replace the wideman if he does leave. And it is understood some of those targets are not left-wingers, with Bilic open to making tactical tweaks if a wide player of Diangana’s quality isn’t available.
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2019, 10:42:10 AM »
We were extremely fortunate to get Diangana in the first place. In the summer looking at the alternatives there were very few Left Footed wide players who were at his level i.e. just about to break through into a big five league team  or a regular starter in one of the lesser European Leagues who might have been available to us in the Championship. There are even fewer available in January.

Jarod Bowen is an excellent player but is quite different to what he brings to the team but at least he is left footed which would mean the tactical tweak to the team to accomodate him in his best position e.g. wide right would be fairly minor. I would really doubt if Hull would let him go in January and even if they would there is interest from Newcastle

Gayle on the other hand not sure how I would replace Diangana with him and retain the balance of the team.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2019, 10:56:29 AM »
We were extremely fortunate to get Diangana in the first place. In the summer looking at the alternatives there were very few Left Footed wide players who were at his level i.e. just about to break through into a big five league team  or a regular starter in one of the lesser European Leagues who might have been available to us in the Championship. There are even fewer available in January.

Jarod Bowen is an excellent player but is quite different to what he brings to the team but at least he is left footed which would mean the tactical tweak to the team to accomodate him in his best position e.g. wide right would be fairly minor. I would really doubt if Hull would let him go in January and even if they would there is interest from Newcastle

Gayle on the other hand not sure how I would replace Diangana with him and retain the balance of the team.

I guess if we signed Gayle then Willock would have a big role to play

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2019, 04:13:13 PM »
Can't see a hamstring injury encouraging a West Ham recall.
Baggie in Southampton

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2019, 04:25:40 PM »
Can't see a hamstring injury encouraging a West Ham recall.
Depends how bad it is. At least it’s not a bost leg. 
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Tony Goddens Gloves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2019, 07:48:41 PM »
He's had this issue for a few weeks just hope it's not that bad

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2019, 09:12:25 PM »
He's had this issue for a few weeks just hope it's not that bad

Him getting a little niggle as the window opens helps us keep him I would say
O Albion we love you

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2019, 10:40:15 PM »
Can't see him out for that long as it's a hamstring, I've pulled mine before playing football and was out for about 1 month. Having said that I was a student at the time drinking etc whereas Diangana will be on the best of meds and science to aid his recovery.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2019, 07:36:20 PM »
Can't see him out for that long as it's a hamstring, I've pulled mine before playing football and was out for about 1 month. Having said that I was a student at the time drinking etc whereas Diangana will be on the best of meds and science to aid his recovery.

It will be a massive blow if he leaves. Edwards simply isn't good enough at this stage in his development. Diangana is several levels above and combined with Pereira is often unplayable at this level. I'm praying he stays and that his injury isn't too bad.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2019, 11:43:56 AM »
I hope Diangana stays and isnt recalled. Would be a travesty for us as it was last year with Barnes

If he goes I can see us going for Bowen though, whether we get him is another matter
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #122 on: December 16, 2019, 12:34:36 PM »
I hope Diangana stays and isnt recalled. Would be a travesty for us as it was last year with Barnes

If he goes I can see us going for Bowen though, whether we get him is another matter
Bowen would be a great shout whether Grady goes or not to be fair but our chances are very remote. What we must do though, is replace like for like, someone young,hungry and confident, not another Jefferson Montero or Bakhary Sakho.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #123 on: December 16, 2019, 12:52:55 PM »
Bowen would be a great shout whether Grady goes or not to be fair but our chances are very remote. What we must do though, is replace like for like, someone young,hungry and confident, not another Jefferson Montero or Bakhary Sakho.

I honestly don't think that players like the 2 you refer to will be signed under the current regime.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #124 on: December 16, 2019, 06:48:45 PM »

Leicester rumoured to be showing interest in Bowen