Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1123143 times)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #4375 on: June 16, 2019, 05:12:48 PM »
???
Surly even you can see if he plays well & scores goals it helps his price rise.
Of course I can.
All I want is our club to do well out of his sale.
I'm not really bothered how well he or Venezuela do to be honest.
If he had any real allegiance to us he could of stayed last year, albeit on reduced wages.
Reducing his wages by 50% isn't like reducing our wages by 50%. A reduction like that on our wages would make a difference to our way of life. It wouldn't to him.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4376 on: June 16, 2019, 05:13:50 PM »
RONDON IS NOT SUBJECT TO A WAGE FLEXDOWN!!!!!!!!!
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4377 on: June 16, 2019, 05:16:39 PM »
RONDON IS NOT SUBJECT TO A WAGE FLEXDOWN!!!!!!!!!

Even more reason for him not to jump ship then
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4378 on: June 16, 2019, 05:36:00 PM »
Even more reason for him not to jump ship then

We need him gone just as much as he wants to go, £70k a week or so would give us another 4 or 5 players in this league
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4379 on: June 16, 2019, 11:29:02 PM »
All of this talk about Rondon playing for us in the Championship is reduntant. Neither party want this.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4380 on: June 17, 2019, 04:15:44 PM »
I think I have gone on about his previous moves more than once, maybe you failed to see those comments or chose to ignore them.

Not sure where I said he left one Russian club for another because they were bigger but I did say "I have no idea why he left Rubin Kazan but his club received more money than they paid for him"

Also you keep banging on about Bournemouth and again I quote what I actually said previously "At this stage I couldn't complain if anyone joined Bournemouth over us, they are a Prem club establishing themselves each year whereas we didn't build on what we had."

Again, did you give this much stick to Foster or is just Rondon you have issues with ?

Also there is plenty to find about Anelka and Adebayor if you look.

You stated Zenit was possibly a step up as they are big club, to which I countered he'd move to Bournemouth if it meant he got paid more. I said Bournemouth because I don't think the size of the club comes in the equation with him, only the size of his pay. Bournemouth were not mentioned in any other context.

Yes, I did give this much stick to Foster and the rubbish he spouted about his kids supported Albion etc, etc.

Indeed, there is plenty to find about Anelka and Adebayor. However, there is nothing to support what you say about the latter going on strike and refusing to go on tour at Spurs, that is why I ask you for a link please?

I could see your argument (though not agree with it) if you were saying no footballer should be classed as a mercenary as they are trying to better themselves, but you obviously don't believe this as you named two that you see as mercenaries.

My assertion, again, is there is no difference between the two you have name and Rondon.

Furthermore, I thought it was obvious that me mentioning the conduct of Delph (he could have increased his signing on fee by in theory the £8.5m paid in a fee to vile) and Collins (could have done a sick vic and just taken the money instead of ripping up the contract he signed at vile, were sufficient examples of players who have done more than just turned down bigger wages elsewhere. I would contend there are lots more who don't put money first and stay loyal and don't want to uprooting their family etc, etc.

If we had gone up would you have welcomed Rondon back, even though he'd done absolutely nothing to help us to get us out of the mess he'd helped put us in when were relegated?

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4381 on: June 17, 2019, 04:47:56 PM »
You stated Zenit was possibly a step up as they are big club, to which I countered he'd move to Bournemouth if it meant he got paid more. I said Bournemouth because I don't think the size of the club comes in the equation with him, only the size of his pay. Bournemouth were not mentioned in any other context.

Yes, I did give this much stick to Foster and the rubbish he spouted about his kids supported Albion etc, etc.

Indeed, there is plenty to find about Anelka and Adebayor. However, there is nothing to support what you say about the latter going on strike and refusing to go on tour at Spurs, that is why I ask you for a link please?

I could see your argument (though not agree with it) if you were saying no footballer should be classed as a mercenary as they are trying to better themselves, but you obviously don't believe this as you named two that you see as mercenaries.

My assertion, again, is there is no difference between the two you have name and Rondon.

Furthermore, I thought it was obvious that me mentioning the conduct of Delph (he could have increased his signing on fee by in theory the £8.5m paid in a fee to vile) and Collins (could have done a sick vic and just taken the money instead of ripping up the contract he signed at vile, were sufficient examples of players who have done more than just turned down bigger wages elsewhere. I would contend there are lots more who don't put money first and stay loyal and don't want to uprooting their family etc, etc.

If we had gone up would you have welcomed Rondon back, even though he'd done absolutely nothing to help us to get us out of the mess he'd helped put us in when were relegated?

I am intrigued as to why it is only my comments you seem to have an issue with, maybe something deeper there than just Rondon ?

He left Malaga as explained to join Rubin, he left those I have no idea why possibly step up as Zenit are a big club is what I posted which also implies I have no idea. I also have no idea if Zenit are a bigger club as I know nothing about Russian football. Maybe his club received an offer and accepted it or are you implying he forced the move there as well ?

Again, re: Bournemouth I posted "At this stage I couldn't complain if anyone joined Bournemouth over us, they are a Prem club establishing themselves each year whereas we didn't build on what we had.", the key thing there is Premier League club, we are not. I have no idea if Bournemouth pay better wages but they are a Premier League club and has been explained to you previously by others which again you seemed to gloss offer, he doesn't appear to have a wage reduction clause.

Would I welcome him back? not my decision so I don't get worked up either way? if he's here, he's here, if not he's not.

There are links around for other players if you look deep enough for them.

Do you not accept that the club wanted him out just as much as they need the wages off the bill and given his contract situation its in our interest just as much to let him go?

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4382 on: June 17, 2019, 05:30:10 PM »
I am intrigued as to why it is only my comments you seem to have an issue with, maybe something deeper there than just Rondon ?

He left Malaga as explained to join Rubin, he left those I have no idea why possibly step up as Zenit are a big club is what I posted which also implies I have no idea. I also have no idea if Zenit are a bigger club as I know nothing about Russian football. Maybe his club received an offer and accepted it or are you implying he forced the move there as well ?

Again, re: Bournemouth I posted "At this stage I couldn't complain if anyone joined Bournemouth over us, they are a Prem club establishing themselves each year whereas we didn't build on what we had.", the key thing there is Premier League club, we are not. I have no idea if Bournemouth pay better wages but they are a Premier League club and has been explained to you previously by others which again you seemed to gloss offer, he doesn't appear to have a wage reduction clause.

Would I welcome him back? not my decision so I don't get worked up either way? if he's here, he's here, if not he's not.

There are links around for other players if you look deep enough for them.

Do you not accept that the club wanted him out just as much as they need the wages off the bill and given his contract situation its in our interest just as much to let him go?

I don't have the time to read every comment on here, and if some say you don't know anything if you don't think Rondon is a good player, what is the point in engaging with that person.

I have no idea what could be "deeper" than Rondon as I certainly haven't got an issue with you and we agreed a while back about Talksport being out of order when we were accused of racism and how they themselves had very few if any black presenters however, I don't agree with you on Rondon, and believe he is a footballing mercenary.

I provided the link which stated EVERY player had a flex down and to counter that 4 were allowed to leave because they had relegation with a set figure in them.

I don't think an unknown quantity, in prem terms, like Rondon was when we signed him could get JP to change his habits of a lifetime. If Jonny Evans, established prem player coming from a top prem club couldn't get full pay in tier 2, there is no way Rondon would have got it.

I believe there was a flex down clause, as has been with every player signed under JP, and I believe that him training alone suggests he played up behind the scenes to get out to maintain his £70k salary.

Furthermore, I cannot find anything to confirm EA went on strike, so he is no different from SR.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 05:36:27 PM by BalisPen »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4383 on: June 17, 2019, 06:15:33 PM »
I don't have the time to read every comment on here, and if some say you don't know anything if you don't think Rondon is a good player, what is the point in engaging with that person.

I have no idea what could be "deeper" than Rondon as I certainly haven't got an issue with you and we agreed a while back about Talksport being out of order when we were accused of racism and how they themselves had very few if any black presenters however, I don't agree with you on Rondon, and believe he is a footballing mercenary.

I provided the link which stated EVERY player had a flex down and to counter that 4 were allowed to leave because they had relegation with a set figure in them.

I don't think an unknown quantity, in prem terms, like Rondon was when we signed him could get JP to change his habits of a lifetime. If Jonny Evans, established prem player coming from a top prem club couldn't get full pay in tier 2, there is no way Rondon would have got it.

I believe there was a flex down clause, as has been with every player signed under JP, and I believe that him training alone suggests he played up behind the scenes to get out to maintain his £70k salary.

Furthermore, I cannot find anything to confirm EA went on strike, so he is no different from SR.

There have been comments from others in this thread stating Rondon does not have a flexdown so who knows if he does or doesn't but fact is he and others are still here because no-one met their release clauses. Also for the sake of repeating myself and boring everyone further with others there were plenty of reports that they were paying up, Dawson, Chadli amongst them and also Foster but nothing about Rondon and your link again states the club put him on a programme and he also figured in friendlies so hardly the actions of someone refusing to do something and again things have a habit of coming out of the club, in fact it was from inside that the Foster stories about him wanting out originated not the press.

Aren't all non UK players unknown quantites in prem terms though ? to sign him when we did was considered a bit of a coup at the time and we only got him due to new rules in Russia limiting the number of foreign players.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4384 on: June 18, 2019, 04:14:01 PM »

There have been comments from others in this thread stating Rondon does not have a flexdown so who knows if he does or doesn't but fact is he and others are still here because no-one met their release clauses. Also for the sake of repeating myself and boring everyone further with others there were plenty of reports that they were paying up, Dawson, Chadli amongst them and also Foster but nothing about Rondon and your link again states the club put him on a programme and he also figured in friendlies so hardly the actions of someone refusing to do something and again things have a habit of coming out of the club, in fact it was from inside that the Foster stories about him wanting out originated not the press.

Aren't all non UK players unknown quantites in prem terms though ? to sign him when we did was considered a bit of a coup at the time and we only got him due to new rules in Russia limiting the number of foreign players.

They are unknown quanties and better players than him have failed in the prem, that is why I don't think JP would have given him a long contract without a flexdown, as (heaven fordid) if we had a dinglesque demise to the third tier there is no way he would have allowed him to get £70k there. So if he was injury prone like sick vic or mozza and you couldn't attract a bid for him we'd be paying £70k in tier 3? No chance Peace would have agreed that.

I didn't say he refused to do anything. I think he asked to leave as per his relegation clause and couldn't be persuaded to stay (like Jrod and Gibbs) and then the club had no choice but to let him leave. That's what I read into him training alone.

I think you said he could have been training alone to prevent him getting injured, but then you said he played in the friendlies, which contradicts that.

When he writes his poundland destined autobiography we'll maybe find out the truth.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4385 on: June 18, 2019, 05:12:23 PM »
They are unknown quanties and better players than him have failed in the prem, that is why I don't think JP would have given him a long contract without a flexdown, as (heaven fordid) if we had a dinglesque demise to the third tier there is no way he would have allowed him to get £70k there. So if he was injury prone like sick vic or mozza and you couldn't attract a bid for him we'd be paying £70k in tier 3? No chance Peace would have agreed that.

I didn't say he refused to do anything. I think he asked to leave as per his relegation clause and couldn't be persuaded to stay (like Jrod and Gibbs) and then the club had no choice but to let him leave. That's what I read into him training alone.

I think you said he could have been training alone to prevent him getting injured, but then you said he played in the friendlies, which contradicts that.

When he writes his poundland destined autobiography we'll maybe find out the truth.

Again things changed when Pulis came in and we are not privy to contract discussions between club and players.

It does sound like a contradiction but its not, the club could have kept him out to avoid him getting injured and then involved him to force the issue with Newcastle as he did only play for I think 10 minutes in one game and was an unused sub in another.

As for the flexdown we will not know 100% either way unless someone comes out and states it but he's still our player as with the others like Dawson and JRod because no-one met the fee to trigger a move.

Even if an autobiography is issued we may never know depending if a confidentiality clause is signed upon his transfer as happens with managers.

It was in the clubs interested to get him off the wage bill just as much as he wanted to leave

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4386 on: June 18, 2019, 05:27:28 PM »

It was in the clubs interested to get him off the wage bill just as much as he wanted to leave

[/quote]

Not if there was a flex down and like I said before getting Gayle could have cost us more as we could have had to pay £55k for him and only £35k for SR after the flex down.

Like you have said everyone is bored with this.

You have your opinion of him and I have mine.

We both agree we should sell him asap for £16.5m and let's hope it is very soon.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4387 on: June 18, 2019, 06:00:58 PM »

Not if there was a flex down and like I said before getting Gayle could have cost us more as we could have had to pay £55k for him and only £35k for SR after the flex down.

Like you have said everyone is bored with this.

You have your opinion of him and I have mine.

We both agree we should sell him asap for £16.5m and let's hope it is very soon.

Can't argue with the last bit so we'll leave it there to avoid boring others any further  :D

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4388 on: June 18, 2019, 06:14:45 PM »
I don't think we'll get £16.5m for Rondon. He's on his last season and agents and clubs know that.

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4389 on: June 18, 2019, 06:16:31 PM »
Am I missing something with all the hate to Rondon? Not sure what the lads done too wrong to be honest. Played majority of his football with us under negative,drab clueless managers and always gave 100%. Yes he missed chances and yes that clearly knocked his confidence but he's always been a good servant to us cant think of any strops ( apart from one with pulis or under pulis when he took his shirt off and threw it in the tunnel (not sure if I've said the rumour completely correctly just can't remember the exact incident)). Hopefully we can do something with Gayle if that move is potentially back on or somewhat viable now Slaven is here. Good luck for next season Salomon wherever it may be

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4390 on: June 19, 2019, 10:01:31 AM »
I have no problems with players moving on or wanting to move on, for whatever reasons.  At the end of the day this is just a job to them.  I am sure most of us would not turn their nose up at moving to a different company on more money.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4391 on: June 19, 2019, 03:31:22 PM »
I have no problems with players moving on or wanting to move on, for whatever reasons.  At the end of the day this is just a job to them.  I am sure most of us would not turn their nose up at moving to a different company on more money.

Agreed. As long as they are professional I don't have a problem. Dawson being a prime example, excellent for us and had a good year last season despite lots of unjustified stick for wanting a move back to the PL - his header that almost got us to Wembley.  I've given Rondon loads of stick for his awful form in 2017/18 but I don't hold it against him for wanting a transfer. That's football.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4392 on: June 19, 2019, 03:40:36 PM »
Agreed. As long as they are professional I don't have a problem. Dawson being a prime example, excellent for us and had a good year last season despite lots of unjustified stick for wanting a move back to the PL - his header that almost got us to Wembley.  I've given Rondon loads of stick for his awful form in 2017/18 but I don't hold it against him for wanting a transfer. That's football.
Mate, Dawson was dogsh*t for 90% of last season and thats why he got abuse, at fault for so many goals it was untrue!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4393 on: June 19, 2019, 04:17:16 PM »
He went on strike FFS.  You may have no problem with a multimillionaire who we made take the p1ss out of the club but some of us don't take too kindly to it.  Rondon has more class and ability in his little toe than Dawson ever has.
"This crack is really moreish."

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4394 on: June 19, 2019, 04:34:01 PM »
He went on strike FFS.  You may have no problem with a multimillionaire who we made take the p1ss out of the club but some of us don't take too kindly to it.  Rondon has more class and ability in his little toe than Dawson ever has.

Dawson played 43 games last season - not very good at going on strike.
I can’t share your hysteria. Dawson has consistently been one of our best players over the last 5 years and played outside his preferred central role for years without kicking off. I’ve no problem with him and thought his form last season was decent.

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4395 on: June 24, 2019, 12:38:58 PM »
https://twitter.com/SkySports_Keith/status/1143119460582268928

Keith Downie
‏Verified account @SkySports_Keith

BREAKING: Rafa Benítez and Newcastle United have parted company after they failed to agree a new contract. NUFC Now looking for a new boss.

Odds of Rondon going to NUFC could be over.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4396 on: June 24, 2019, 12:49:15 PM »

Keith Downie

BREAKING: Rafa Benítez and Newcastle United have parted company after they failed to agree a new contract. NUFC Now looking for a new boss.

In football, as in most walks of life, being in the right place at the right time is everything when searching for a Head Coach and / or player. I wonder?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4397 on: June 24, 2019, 01:31:03 PM »

Keith Downie

No Rondon to Newcastle means no Gayle to us.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4398 on: June 24, 2019, 01:39:05 PM »
No Rondon to Newcastle means no Gayle to us.

He was never coming to us. I don't know why people keep going on about it. It won't make it happen, it's not going to happen!

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4399 on: June 24, 2019, 02:01:42 PM »

He was never coming to us. I don't know why people keep going on about it. It won't make it happen, it's not going to happen!

there was always a possiblity as long as the Rondon deal was on the table but no way now.

He will be snapped up by another championship side such as  Fulham and then deliver 20+ goals for them guaranteed.