Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2534396 times)

GrGr

• WBA Coach

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1425 on: December 14, 2014, 04:45:27 AM »
Saido is potentially our best forward but he continues to show signs he believes in the hype that surrounds him at the moment and, for me, is not a team player and only interested in himself. Some of his decision making remains poor,  failing to play the simple ball because he wants to do too much, and the work ethic when having lost the ball isn't great. But he is young and will hopefully learn.
He has only scored 4 goals that were not penalties in 18 appearances (16 starts), better than our other strikers, but still not as good as some would make out.

Then again he hasn't really played with proper support as a striker, also he has often been used as a winger. In a 'properly' set up attacking team he would have much more help from other players in finding chances. Keep in mind that under Irvine our team has had an extremely low offensive threat, especially in open play. There is no striker in the world that does it all by himself.

stubba

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1426 on: December 14, 2014, 05:53:14 AM »
Heard we have suspended contract extension talks....
.   Where have you been the last 10 days!!

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #1427 on: December 14, 2014, 06:05:58 AM »
We are showing him hes not bigger than the club.

Hes no doubt a talented player who I still believe should have played a part in those two internationals but hes not above being dropped if his form or attitude dips.

Irvines management of this has been a positive to be fair.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1428 on: December 14, 2014, 06:16:11 AM »
Then again he hasn't really played with proper support as a striker, also he has often been used as a winger. In a 'properly' set up attacking team he would have much more help from other players in finding chances. Keep in mind that under Irvine our team has had an extremely low offensive threat, especially in open play. There is no striker in the world that does it all by himself.
He has scored more goals under Irvine than he did under the arguably more attacking Clarke and Mel  ???
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1429 on: December 14, 2014, 06:20:58 AM »
He has scored more goals under Irvine than he did under the arguably more attacking Clarke and Mel  ???

He had 9 in 36 appearances (22 as sub) before this season and has 8 in 19 (4 as sub this season)

You play a bloke and let him take penalties he scores more goals well he will by the time he has played same number of games
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1430 on: December 14, 2014, 06:45:02 AM »

He had 9 in 36 appearances (22 as sub) before this season and has 8 in 19 (4 as sub this season)

You play a bloke and let him take penalties he scores more goals well he will by the time he has played same number of games

5 in 32 appearances in the Premier League last season (20 as sub), 7 in 16 this season (2 as sub).

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/players/profile.career-history.html/saido-berahino
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1431 on: December 14, 2014, 06:50:28 AM »
5 in 32 appearances in the Premier League last season (20 as sub), 7 in 16 this season (2 as sub).

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/players/profile.career-history.html/saido-berahino

You didn't say Premier League  ;)

But same applies, more starts, take penalties = more goals

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1432 on: December 14, 2014, 07:54:35 PM »
I think Benteke & Bony would be ahead of Berahino on any of the big clubs wishlists.

I dont see Berahino scoring another 8 goals this season to take him to 15. A figure any "top-class" CF should be aiming for.
I agree the big clubs will be more interested in bony and benteke,but the only reason berahino wont score 15 is because of lack of time on the pitch if he had played at hull we would have 3 points,without his goals we would be behind Leicester,given the options he simply must start

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1433 on: December 14, 2014, 07:54:50 PM »
Came on and played for himself on Saturday, very poor form in my opinion.
"This crack is really moreish."

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1434 on: December 14, 2014, 08:34:42 PM »
I agree the big clubs will be more interested in bony and benteke,but the only reason berahino wont score 15 is because of lack of time on the pitch if he had played at hull we would have 3 points,without his goals we would be behind Leicester,given the options he simply must start

How do you make that assumption?

If you mean by taking the penalty, i would say we wouldnt of won the penalty as Anichebe was playing in his place.

The lad has only scored in 5 games this season, and hasnt scored in 7; you have to draw a line at some point and give others a fair crack of the whip.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1435 on: December 14, 2014, 08:45:39 PM »
Think its fair to give him a rest and others a chance, I started to notice a little bit of cockiness creeping back into his game the last few weeks, like hes become arrogant again.

At the start of the season it was like he had a point to prove, now hes kind of proved it, its like he is starting to feel untouchable again, was the right call to rest him.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1436 on: December 14, 2014, 08:48:02 PM »
Think he will be back in for QPR, Ideye looked off the pace, should have had more game time off the bench.
Would like to see him alongside Varela and Sess, because, as has been said, he is our most natural goalscorer. Think Varela could well chip in with a few though given a run in the side. Certainly looks more likely than Brunt or Dorrans.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1437 on: December 14, 2014, 08:54:05 PM »
 ::) He is a young lad just starting out FGS give him some time & space, he WILL make mistakes thats how he will learn & the same thing goes for Bobby in my opinion there is the making of a good strike partnership there.
Rant over. :D

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1438 on: December 14, 2014, 09:04:59 PM »
If the club have halted contract talks then something isn't right with him.

I can see us cashing in on him

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1439 on: December 14, 2014, 09:23:03 PM »
::) He is a young lad just starting out FGS give him some time & space, he WILL make mistakes thats how he will learn & the same thing goes for Bobby in my opinion there is the making of a good strike partnership there.
Rant over. :D
Sorry but he is not that young and he is not just starting out he is in his 2nd season, plus it is not his first indiscretion is it. He needs to man up and take control of his career otherwise he may live to regret it.
Think the club and the fans have shown more than enough support for him, time for him to knuckle down, wind his neck in and make the most of his talent.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1440 on: December 14, 2014, 09:43:02 PM »
From what I can gather, the speeding's a given, if the police can prove that he was also over the limit, a custodial sentence is possible.
Why on earth would you want to continue contact negotiations with an employee in those circumstances?
I suspect Saido's got the hump because the club have taken that stance, & AI's bringing Ideye in to make sure he's up to speed if the worse happens.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1441 on: December 14, 2014, 09:58:24 PM »
From what I can gather, the speeding's a given, if the police can prove that he was also over the limit, a custodial sentence is possible.
Why on earth would you want to continue contact negotiations with an employee in those circumstances?
I suspect Saido's got the hump because the club have taken that stance, & AI's bringing Ideye in to make sure he's up to speed if the worse happens.

I mentioned this to a fellow baggie over the weekend, maybe the powers above have told AI he needs to give Ideye a chance, just incase the worst happens with Berahino.

The club are right to place contract talks on hold in relation to the driving incident, wouldnt make any financial sense for the club to offer him 25-30k a week if hes going down for 6 months (unlikely).

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1442 on: December 15, 2014, 12:13:39 AM »
I mentioned this to a fellow baggie over the weekend, maybe the powers above have told AI he needs to give Ideye a chance, just incase the worst happens with Berahino.

The club are right to place contract talks on hold in relation to the driving incident, wouldnt make any financial sense for the club to offer him 25-30k a week if hes going down for 6 months (unlikely).

I would also guess that the club are treading carefully again. We all know how the world is at this moment in time in regards to publicly backing people who do wrong.

For example; we bided our time over Anelka and i believe we are doing the same here. I'm not suggesting we'll sack him, but we are making the correct & quite frankly the only decision that should be considered.

If he gets off, we'll probably up it.
If he doesn't get off, we'll say "book your ideas up before you have your wages go up".

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1443 on: December 19, 2014, 05:29:25 PM »
just read on another site that the house he moved into a couple of months ago has gone up for sale and hes living in a hotel.

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1444 on: December 21, 2014, 11:15:30 AM »
stood outside QPR ground yesterday watching players get off the coach, berahino had his hoodie up , his earphones on and did not acknowledge the fans at all, if that dont mean he will go in january if he gets the chance i don't not what does

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1445 on: December 21, 2014, 11:20:19 AM »
According to the Sun today, Tottenham have him as a prime target for January

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1446 on: December 21, 2014, 12:48:30 PM »

Let him go if they offer £20m or more.

The lad doesnt score half as many goals as people make out. An i right in thinking he only has 1 away goal in his Albion career?

He splits the fans & probably the club; i would cash in and aim to replace. He isnt a patch on the Bentekes, Bony's, Lukaku's of this world. All who would be valued at a similar range. That says to me he is vastly overrated.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1447 on: December 21, 2014, 12:49:19 PM »
i have just read that, if the report is correct then he can f!!!off the ungrateful little tw-t!! Not as good as he thinks he is anyway.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1448 on: December 21, 2014, 12:57:39 PM »
For the right money I'd let him go but only if we are going to replace him with quality. I have no faith in our scouting department to do that though. I'd love us to get someone like Defoe or Lambert in on loan for the remainder of the season.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1449 on: December 21, 2014, 01:11:32 PM »
For the right money I'd let him go but only if we are going to replace him with quality. I have no faith in our scouting department to do that though. I'd love us to get someone like Defoe or Lambert in on loan for the remainder of the season.
if Ted played him he'd score goals are you for real sell our best prospect for over twenty million and get Lambert on loan jp would love you