Author Topic: Ben Foster  (Read 767359 times)

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Ben Foster
« Reply #950 on: July 29, 2011, 07:45:38 PM »
theres probly a clause that allows us to buy if we stay up and they stay down hopefully anyway

Do I not like Wolves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #951 on: July 29, 2011, 07:46:56 PM »
Excellent - far better than Green
"It is the tradition of the club and the fans in which we trust"

Baggie Artist

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #952 on: July 29, 2011, 07:51:34 PM »
Al-Habsi had a great season for Wigan and they signed him without competition. He'd have to have a really great season to be worth more than £4 million at the end of it.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #953 on: July 29, 2011, 07:52:25 PM »
Going on history Mr Peace will have something lined up...
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #954 on: July 29, 2011, 07:52:45 PM »
I just think he is well worth the "gamble" we could easily get the money back or most of it. Just think he will be amazing and we'll lose out come the end of the season... when roy goes?

Don't want to go off topic but i think you are looking on the dark side about Roy going.
It's up to us fans to make him feel wanted.

lordbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #955 on: July 29, 2011, 07:57:36 PM »
Don't want to go off topic but i think you are looking on the dark side about Roy going.
It's up to us fans to make him feel wanted.

"We love you, Roy" tee shirts???

tipton baggie 80

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #956 on: July 29, 2011, 08:00:25 PM »
I think it might actually be a calculated gamble on the part of JP, the straight loan. Maybe he was offered the chance to make it a permanent for 4m, but believes the financial situation at blues will only get worse and we might be able to snap him up for, say, 2m. One things for sure, I wouldn't want to play cards with Jeremy. Wouldn't be at all suprised if this turned out to be another JP masterstroke.
West Bromwich Albion, finishing above Staffordshire's finest when in the same league over the last 12 years

slugga1

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #957 on: July 29, 2011, 08:06:35 PM »
"We love you, Roy" tee shirts???

Everyone loves Roy of the Rovers Albion (dunno if that worked first time trying to be cocky with crossed out rovers)

Back to topic..

I'm over the bloomin moon, top quality keeper! I bet our defenders are sighing in relief too!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 08:21:48 PM by kris_boing »
Tony Pulis is ...The Equaliser

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #958 on: July 29, 2011, 08:15:23 PM »
Very pleased we have got him.
A signing that improves the first eleven and could be worth a few points over the season allied to improved confidence from the defence with a better keeper behind them.
Interesting to see who comes in as second keeper ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #959 on: July 29, 2011, 08:19:12 PM »
I'm delighted we've signed him like everyone else but, given how long this has dragged on for, I'm disappointed that there isn't one of those irreversible "with a view to a permanent deal" elements to it. If there had been, I'm sure they would have announced it up front.

Plenty of money still swishing around in the transfer kitty then.....

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #960 on: July 29, 2011, 08:19:39 PM »
Welcome to a big club Ben
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Blubby

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #961 on: July 29, 2011, 08:20:52 PM »
im a very pleased baggie today  :D :D

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #962 on: July 29, 2011, 08:21:44 PM »
some awful responses here tonight. you'd think we'd signed diouf for a goalkeeping position  >:( Just be happy that we have a quality goalkeeper in our realms, he saved birmingham a lot of embarassment at times last season with his quality shotstopping abilities! ok so the view to a permanent deal is not included in the article on the OS, but noone knows for certain what is set out in the clause. a deal may be settled next season, and if not, Myhill will return, and lets face it, he isnt that bad, great keeper for hull! Lets celebrate this loan deal instead of moaning about it!

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #963 on: July 29, 2011, 08:27:53 PM »
some awful responses here tonight. you'd think we'd signed diouf for a goalkeeping position  >:( Just be happy that we have a quality goalkeeper in our realms, he saved birmingham a lot of embarassment at times last season with his quality shotstopping abilities! ok so the view to a permanent deal is not included in the article on the OS, but noone knows for certain what is set out in the clause. a deal may be settled next season, and if not, Myhill will return, and lets face it, he isnt that bad, great keeper for hull! Lets celebrate this loan deal instead of moaning about it!

???

Everyone seems pretty happy we have him ?

rajesh-wba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #964 on: July 29, 2011, 08:30:06 PM »
Excellent signing, in my opinion. Well chuffed with Foster's arrival. Anoter piece added to the jigsaw!

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #965 on: July 29, 2011, 08:30:59 PM »
Cracking signing.  We have just signed Englands 2nd best keeper.  Can you believe it?

We have also just improved our defence considerably.   Out of all the keepers who we could have got hes the one that would have made the most difference.

I hope its not just a year loan and that we have some kind of buying clause or something.

Really happy with this signing.

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #966 on: July 29, 2011, 08:32:11 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me at all if we sign him permanently in January. That way we have 4 months to look at him and then decide. Surely we can place a bid for a permanent transfer whilst he is still here on loan?
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #967 on: July 29, 2011, 08:33:56 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me at all if we sign him permanently in January. That way we have 4 months to look at him and then decide. Surely we can place a bid for a permanent transfer whilst he is still here on loan?

Depends what happens at Blooze as well.................hey way they are going they will struggle to stay in the Championship. They kick off at Derby which will be a baptism of fire for them.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #968 on: July 29, 2011, 08:39:12 PM »
Just a thought, on the official site it shows Foster in an Albion shirt holding a scarf above his head. Anyone else remember a loan signing doing something like that before? Just seemed a little odd to me :S

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #969 on: July 29, 2011, 08:52:18 PM »

Not one person here has said anything bad about Foster. It's an overwhelmingly positive response  :-\

Just a thought, on the official site it shows Foster in an Albion shirt holding a scarf above his head. Anyone else remember a loan signing doing something like that before? Just seemed a little odd to me :S

They presented Vela like that when he signed on loan as well.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #970 on: July 29, 2011, 08:54:26 PM »
good luck to him i hope he does well! im sure we will hear enough of it if he doesnt!

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #971 on: July 29, 2011, 09:01:53 PM »
Not one person here has said anything bad about Foster. It's an overwhelmingly positive response  :-\

They presented Vela like that when he signed on loan as well.
I'm not saying that people have said anything negative about foster, just the fact that people keep focusing on the fact we only have him for the season rather than the fact we have a classy goalkeeper at the hawthorns. IMO, its a great thing that we have the man in the first place. We don't know whether he will sign permanently or not, so lets cross the bridge when we come to it.

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #972 on: July 29, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »
Excellent signing, a real improvement on last season. Very happy.

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #973 on: July 29, 2011, 09:05:41 PM »
I'm not saying that people have said anything negative about foster, just the fact that people keep focusing on the fact we only have him for the season rather than the fact we have a classy goalkeeper at the hawthorns. IMO, its a great thing that we have the man in the first place. We don't know whether he will sign permanently or not, so lets cross the bridge when we come to it.
Unfortunately, for some people the glass is always half empty.

Rich99

« Reply #974 on: July 29, 2011, 09:18:09 PM »
Good news.

We will need to sort out a second choice keeper though.