Author Topic: 10 Nov 2018 Albion 4 Leeds United 1  (Read 56159 times)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Accident near Cricket Club after the game
« Reply #300 on: November 12, 2018, 08:55:22 PM »
Saw the man on the ground but not the accident itself.  Police and ambulances were quickly on the scene.  I agree with the comments on the Brummy road, it is dangerous.  Over time drivers seem to have got ever more inpatient and are desperate to get out of car parks, often accelerating quickly in front of pedestrians, sometimes past small children. Given the amount of traffic heading back to West Brom, we definitely need pelican crossings on the roundabout.

I thought it was a woman? If it's the same incident. I heard she received two broken legs.

It is a joke around the stadium after the match and not just the Brummie Road, Halfords Lane has its problems too.

Simple solution close the roads off for half an hour or so after the game. At the moment the authorities are neglecting their duties by refusing to be proactive and each trying to shove the responsibility on to someone else.

Not good enough.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #301 on: November 13, 2018, 08:07:58 AM »

I thought it was a woman? If it's the same incident. I heard she received two broken legs.

It is a joke around the stadium after the match and not just the Brummie Road, Halfords Lane has its problems too.

Simple solution close the roads off for half an hour or so after the game. At the moment the authorities are neglecting their duties by refusing to be proactive and each trying to shove the responsibility on to someone else.

Not good enough.

It was a woman, early thirties apparently. Two broken legs as you've stated plus lacerations to her head. She was also 'relieved' of her phone whilst on the ground, however this was returned to her in hospital on the night. I've no idea if the person responsible for taking her phone was relieved of their teeth.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #302 on: November 13, 2018, 08:13:49 AM »
It was a woman, early thirties apparently. Two broken legs as you've stated plus lacerations to her head. She was also 'relieved' of her phone whilst on the ground, however this was returned to her in hospital on the night. I've no idea if the person responsible for taking her phone was relieved of their teeth.

Maybe the person who "relieved" her of her phone was the same person that returned it to her in hospital that night? Maybe they knew her and saw her phone on the floor and picked it up for safe keeping with the intention of returning it to her ?

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #303 on: November 13, 2018, 08:21:19 AM »
Maybe the person who "relieved" her of her phone was the same person that returned it to her in hospital that night? Maybe they knew her and saw her phone on the floor and picked it up for safe keeping with the intention of returning it to her ?

Not from what I've read elsewhere no.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #304 on: November 13, 2018, 08:32:23 AM »
When I passed there were a number of angry people around, and the alleged driver was sat in his car, with people around the car ensuring he went nowhere.
The thought that in the midst of this "one of our own" lifted the lady's phone is alarming.
Hopefully the Albion and more importantly the Police will react to this accident and do something about it, particularly as the next two home games are 8PM kick-offs.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #305 on: November 13, 2018, 10:38:28 AM »
We walked past this not long after the incident happened and there was quite a bit of confusion as to what had occurred at the time.

That area and indeed that road after games has been a disaster waiting to happen for a while now.

There are no stewards etc to direct the flow of people and cars usually end up pushing out of the footfall and going on the "wrong" side of the road to get past them.

Suffice to say I'm surprised that upto this point there hasn't been any/many other accidents (that i'm aware of)

It's also a problem before the game too right by the cricket ground, those idiotic "Parking Attendants" do nothing whatsoever to protect the fans walking towards the ground and if anything they are happy to motion for cars to drive into the car park whilst groups of us are walking past the entrance etc. Absolutely clueless.
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #306 on: November 13, 2018, 12:52:25 PM »
It's a shame, but anybody who walks that way will tell you it's not a surprise.

There are problems crossing the roads all along that way up from town, and no shortage of idiot drivers who just want to get away from the match (or the traffic it creates).

I always try and stay pavement side once I'm a bit further from the ground, as I've seen people nearly get hit when we take up two lanes of the road.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Score prediction
« Reply #307 on: November 14, 2018, 08:15:37 PM »
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #308 on: November 15, 2018, 04:10:05 AM »
Great game and great performance. That said despite posts to the contrary we still played 3 at the back. No doubt. The 3 were superb Adarabioyo in particular standing out. Phillips was fantastic at right back. Morrison bossed the game.

In front of the midfield players HRK and Barnes were tremendous: both holding their positions so Rodriguez could play.

Best performance of the season by miles!

Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #309 on: November 15, 2018, 08:01:33 AM »
Great game and great performance. That said despite posts to the contrary we still played 3 at the back. No doubt. The 3 were superb Adarabioyo in particular standing out. Phillips was fantastic at right back. Morrison bossed the game.

In front of the midfield players HRK and Barnes were tremendous: both holding their positions so Rodriguez could play.

Best performance of the season by miles!

It was obviously a back 4 of Adabarioyo, Dawson, Hegazi and Gibbs, Phillips was right midfield.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 08:28:34 AM by Hull Baggie »

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #310 on: November 15, 2018, 08:09:34 AM »
Oh Hull I knew someone would rise to the bait.  ::)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #311 on: November 15, 2018, 08:28:57 AM »
Oh Hull I knew someone would rise to the bait.  ::)

It's a quiet day at work!