Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD  (Read 1335710 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Reply #8775 on: February 24, 2024, 09:00:24 PM »
Talksport saying Val is about to be sacked

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8776 on: February 24, 2024, 09:35:59 PM »
Val on the brink

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8777 on: February 25, 2024, 12:55:05 PM »
Footage going round social media of Russell Martin refusing to shake Millwall players hands on pitch after their loss yesterday. What a sausage.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8778 on: February 25, 2024, 01:01:20 PM »
Footage going round social media of Russell Martin refusing to shake Millwall players hands on pitch after their loss yesterday. What a sausage.

Clearly didn't want to run the risk of any of them giving his hair a quick rub.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8779 on: February 25, 2024, 01:03:02 PM »
Clearly didn't want to run the risk of any of them giving his hair a quick rub.

;D

People have always said he's a 'nana but i never really noticed until the footage. Half the Saints team look like sore losers in it

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8780 on: February 25, 2024, 06:35:02 PM »
Sarmiento scored again for Ipswich - again from the bench.

Can't tell if they are just getting a bit more out of him due to a roll change, or if he was always likely to kick on in the second half of the season.

Can't say we're missing him, Johnston has been more impactful so far.
Boing Boing

BagAlbion123

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #8781 on: February 27, 2024, 12:02:40 PM »
If we don't go up then next season seems our best bet to go up autos. Burnley and Sheff I don't think will trouble too much they seem so so so so weak in the prem, Forest and Brentford if Luton stay up don't fear them either. Everton should be safe old Dychey will probably get a couple scrappy wins needed

Next season I reckon will be very open the same way the Moore season was ie non of the relegated sides running away with it

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8782 on: February 27, 2024, 12:08:02 PM »

he was squealing like a girl when king carlos touched the ball
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8783 on: February 27, 2024, 12:08:59 PM »

he was squealing like a girl when king carlos touched the ball

What a gimp!

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8784 on: February 27, 2024, 12:46:51 PM »
If we don't go up then next season seems our best bet to go up autos. Burnley and Sheff I don't think will trouble too much they seem so so so so weak in the prem, Forest and Brentford if Luton stay up don't fear them either. Everton should be safe old Dychey will probably get a couple scrappy wins needed

I'm not so sure.  This season it's likely that at least 2 maybe all 3 of the relegated clubs will be promoted.  The clubs relegated to the Champ will have parachute payments that they will not squander like Lai and Co did.  So there's every chance they be be in pole position to go back up straightaway.

These clubs will be yo-yoing on parachute money just like we did.

Early stage Farke Leeds apart, we haven't done particular well against top 6 teams.  I can't see us being promoted.  We have to get stronger year on year.  The positive is that Lai won't get his first year bonus.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8785 on: February 27, 2024, 01:09:55 PM »

Next season I reckon will be very open the same way the Moore season was ie non of the relegated sides running away with it

Burnley absolutely walked the Championship last year - you could argue they've been a bit naive with the way they have gone about things this year, but I would expect another strong performance from them.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8786 on: February 27, 2024, 01:26:36 PM »
Burnley absolutely walked the Championship last year - you could argue they've been a bit naive with the way they have gone about things this year, but I would expect another strong performance from them.

I expect them to be up there but their team in the PL isn't as strong as the one that got promoted in my opinion

BagAlbion123

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #8787 on: February 27, 2024, 01:49:56 PM »
I expect them to be up there but their team in the PL isn't as strong as the one that got promoted in my opinion

From what I read most Burnley fans would agree with you, for example he did an Arteta and dropped Muric for Trafford for no reason and that lad looks so far out his depth everytime I see them play it's unreal. They also lost Barnes, Tella and Maatsen etc

The thing is Leicester and Leeds took it to the last day last year I don't see Burnley and Sheff doing that, I do agree they'll probably be up there like we were but can't see anyone running away with it unless their summer recruitments are top notch

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8788 on: February 27, 2024, 01:56:14 PM »

I don't know if it follows  that easily, the only teams relegated with less than 28 points who've won automatic promotion the following season were us in 03/04, Sunderland 06/07, and Norwich 20/21.

It's not easy to shake off as bad a season as Burnley and Sheffield United are having. The squad they came down with was much better than their current one, and Kompany is no longer fresh and new also.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 02:00:52 PM by Dan »

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8789 on: February 27, 2024, 01:59:31 PM »
From what I read most Burnley fans would agree with you, for example he did an Arteta and dropped Muric for Trafford for no reason and that lad looks so far out his depth everytime I see them play it's unreal. They also lost Barnes, Tella and Maatsen etc

The thing is Leicester and Leeds took it to the last day last year I don't see Burnley and Sheff doing that, I do agree they'll probably be up there like we were but can't see anyone running away with it unless their summer recruitments are top notch

Yep i agree, next seasons Champo won't have 3 standout sides altough i expect them to be top 6.

Sheff Utd have essentially swopped Berge for Hamer and Archer for Ndiaye with a few additions like Souza and Trusty, DIaz and McAtee etc will go back to parent clubs too.

Both will be top 6 on paper though and for Luton they need to keep hold of Edwrads who has done an amazing job and is worth more to them than any player.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8790 on: February 27, 2024, 02:18:36 PM »
Don’t discount the teams coming up . Could quite easily be Portsmouth , Derby and Bolton . 3 traditional clubs with decent sized fan bases
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8791 on: February 27, 2024, 02:41:50 PM »
"Ekrem KONUR
@Ekremkonur

💣🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 #HullCity 🟠
Aston Villa, Arsenal, Crystal Palace, Newcastle United, Liverpool and Tottenham are monitoring the situation of Hull City's 22-year-old Jaden Philogene.

Aston Villa have a buy-back clause in the deal."

If they don't go up and lose Philogene, Zaroury and Carvalho they could be in limbo, Hull owner will have to fork out all over again
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 02:51:06 PM by gazberg »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8792 on: February 27, 2024, 03:51:07 PM »
it will be good to see the clayheads get relegated
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8793 on: February 27, 2024, 08:19:32 PM »
What a gimp!
Is that Dutch for Hottentot?😉
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8794 on: February 27, 2024, 08:20:56 PM »

Feels like i'm missing something here? It's gone over my head (not hard)

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8795 on: February 27, 2024, 10:18:51 PM »
Feels like i'm missing something here? It's gone over my head (not hard)
See the Little things thread on the Woodman
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8796 on: February 28, 2024, 09:16:44 AM »
See the Little things thread on the Woodman

Thanks, never heard of that word!

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8797 on: February 28, 2024, 10:37:49 AM »
careful now!

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8798 on: February 28, 2024, 12:33:54 PM »
It's all gone quiet on Val at Watford...

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8799 on: February 28, 2024, 02:10:39 PM »
Leicester and Coventry already into last 8 , Southampton and Leeds still have a chance of doing so. FA Cup Final is the day before Champioship play off final . Any of these make it to both what happens ?
Baggie for life not just for Xmas