Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2534399 times)

BB74

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1275 on: November 15, 2014, 11:05:42 PM »
Really interesting article here about saido http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/berahino-how-it-all-started-2084894.aspx

'Saido is a role model to the other boys'.

Amazing that, considering so many of our fans don't think footballers are role models (see Ched Evans thread).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 11:25:09 PM by BB74 »

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1276 on: November 15, 2014, 11:37:38 PM »
Really interesting article here about saido http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/berahino-how-it-all-started-2084894.aspx
Interesting stuff. I've always been quite impressed by Mark Harrison's views when he's written about the academy in the match programme.
I agree with the bit about the way Saido strikes the ball so cleanly - and with either foot.

Think he should be first call for direct free kicks just outside the box. Our record of working the keeper from these is pretty abysmal and it's time to change it and one or two should practice hitting the target a bit more.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1277 on: November 15, 2014, 11:46:46 PM »
'Saido is a role model to the other boys'.

Amazing that, considering so many of our fans don't think footballers are role models (see Ched Evans thread).
Outside the profession not so much, even in the profession its avbit obscure, as they say in the Q&A:

"You can share experiences with the boys that they can touch and relate to as well. If you are talking about Wayne Rooney or someone else, they are a little bit abstract to them because they have never met Wayne Rooney. With Saido, they can touch and feel him, he’s in their environment."

Saido is a role model in same way as their dad may be, rather than a disconnected celebrity.

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1278 on: November 16, 2014, 11:03:28 AM »
sad to say but i think if SB is going to fulfil his obvious potential as an Premiership and England star it ain't going to be with the" baggies", with the style of play and service levels that currently come from our midfield , Aguerro and Costa would struggle to get 20 goals a season, so to be honest with you if somebody does come in with the sort of money thats being talked up here we might as well take it because this is the only chance we will have of getting 20m+ for him,  because as his performances start to diminish next season which they will if the same coaching regime is in place his value will drop dramatically,at least if we do it now it means we can buy two more Ideye's to replace him

wardy65

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1279 on: November 16, 2014, 06:30:45 PM »

Great read, really enlightening!
Hmm .. wonder who they're referring to when they say they recently bumped into an ex academy graduate, that joined one of the 'big clubs' & asked him if he regretted leaving the Baggies. He replied 'No, I've got my car outside.' Our coaches were left feeling ' we know who we'd rather have at the club out of you & Saido. My money's gotta be on a certain Izzy Brown.

collins101

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1280 on: November 16, 2014, 08:05:51 PM »
More likely to be Jerome Sinclair

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1281 on: November 16, 2014, 10:59:41 PM »

Frustrating when you think Tadic and Pelle cost Southampton a combined £20m.  Plus they were both fit enough to start the season. Our scouting and recruitment has been poor for some time.
[/quote]

Ronald Koeman had first hand knowledge of both. Tadic easily the best midfielder in the Dutch league last couple of years. Pelle played for him at Feyenoord, although I don't think Pelle is that special.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1282 on: November 16, 2014, 11:15:29 PM »
Frustrating when you think Tadic and Pelle cost Southampton a combined £20m.  Plus they were both fit enough to start the season. Our scouting and recruitment has been poor for some time.

Ronald Koeman had first hand knowledge of both. Tadic easily the best midfielder in the Dutch league last couple of years. Pelle played for him at Feyenoord, although I don't think Pelle is that special.

Plus Southampton play an attacking style. Brown may score goals in their team.

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1283 on: November 17, 2014, 08:11:55 AM »
Great read, really enlightening!
Hmm .. wonder who they're referring to when they say they recently bumped into an ex academy graduate, that joined one of the 'big clubs' & asked him if he regretted leaving the Baggies. He replied 'No, I've got my car outside.' Our coaches were left feeling ' we know who we'd rather have at the club out of you & Saido. My money's gotta be on a certain Izzy Brown.

Watched him play for England u19 against Italy and I have to say he was outstanding!!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1284 on: November 17, 2014, 06:41:23 PM »
Starting tomorrow i am hearing?
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1285 on: November 17, 2014, 06:43:45 PM »
Starting tomorrow i am hearing?

Am i the only one who is scared that he will get injured against the jocks. Its their world cup final and their going to be in england's faces. I can see Saido getting kicked in the air!

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1286 on: November 17, 2014, 06:45:56 PM »
More likely to be Jerome Sinclair

His career really seems to have stalled. Hasn't been called up by England at youth level since 2012 despite being a regular and playing above his age group when he was younger. Still young, but certainly doesn't seem like he's regarded as one of this countries hot prospects anymore.

Interesting to see how Dhanda and Brown eventually go on to do too.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 06:48:02 PM by Dan »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1287 on: November 17, 2014, 06:47:00 PM »
Am i the only one who is scared that he will get injured against the jocks. Its their world cup final and their going to be in england's faces. I can see Saido getting kicked in the air!

we always have Anichebie  :D you are right though its written in the script for him to get crocked

petethebaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1288 on: November 18, 2014, 11:11:42 AM »
Is he starting, I heard that he is on the 'franksie show' last night but how does anyone know if the team hasn't been announced?
Swansea Semi Final Playoffs 1993...we know who we are!

LoxleyBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1289 on: November 18, 2014, 11:18:48 AM »

He should be okay so long as he steers clear of Mozza.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1290 on: November 18, 2014, 10:28:20 PM »
He should be okay so long as he steers clear of Mozza.
expected him to at least get a runout, but puts lambert on who doesn't get in his club side.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1291 on: November 18, 2014, 10:30:01 PM »
expected him to at least get a runout, but puts lambert on who doesn't get in his club side.

Very disappointing not to see him get some game time..............especially with donkey Lambert coming on.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1292 on: November 18, 2014, 10:35:43 PM »
Very disappointing not to see him get some game time..............especially with donkey Lambert coming on.
if lambert didn't play for Liverpool he wouldn't be anywhere near this England team and neither would smalling. just look at cleverly now hes not playing for man u. sorry roy but your picking players because who they play for and not on merit

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1293 on: November 18, 2014, 10:38:03 PM »
He will be very disappointed not to have made his England tonight but it could be a good thing, should certainly keep his feet on the ground showing him he still has a way to go before he's made it to the big time. May also give him some motivation to prove Roy wrong with his performances on the pitch for us in the coming months.

ashcroft19

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1294 on: November 18, 2014, 10:43:08 PM »
Quick, invent an Irish Grandmother, it's not to late to represent the Republic of Island :

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1295 on: November 18, 2014, 10:54:32 PM »
I'm sure Jezzas' pleased his ex-employee didn't risk our top asset on a pointless friendly. ;)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1296 on: November 18, 2014, 11:11:02 PM »
Cue a spitting of the dummy and a change of international allegiance to Burundi.

Jeb-Dog

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1297 on: November 18, 2014, 11:49:06 PM »
Interesting to see how the next few months go for Saido now. Was pretty anonymous in the Newcastle game. Must keep that early form going and not slip like last season.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1298 on: November 19, 2014, 05:07:40 AM »
Might as well have played in the England under 21 game. What must he have thought when Lambert was sent on.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1299 on: November 19, 2014, 08:08:48 AM »
Sturridge crocked again. Will this up the ante