Author Topic: Discipline  (Read 2438 times)

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

Discipline
« on: January 01, 2019, 04:59:53 PM »
Another red today. Are we losing our heads a little too easily of late?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: Discipline
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 05:03:03 PM »
You'd argue with the Jay Rod one being overturned that the one today was an isolated incident. I certainly hope it will be at least.

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 08:15:35 PM »
I have watched the Livermore dismissal a few times over and I really can’t see that as a red card offence. He didn’t kick him, it wasn’t a high boot and he didn’t punch him. Yellow card, yes, red card, no. Another pathetic decision by the ref and/or linesman. Assuming this card is not rescinded, I believe that it will be 4 game ban, so this is the time for Sam Field. Darren, please take note!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 08:19:53 PM »
Yes, we need aggression.
It has to be controlled aggresion though.
Step back occasionally and watch the opposition.
Let them expose themselves.

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 08:25:30 PM »
Exposing themselves, now that would be a red card offence!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 08:30:24 PM »
Exposing themselves, now that would be a red card offence!
Not in winter
#nothingtoseehere
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 08:32:11 PM »
In Winter, would probably cause a few egos to be deflated!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 08:48:53 PM »
I think I ought to have rephrased that ! 8)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 11:06:06 PM »
Discipline has been an absent friend since Pulis exited stage left. Hegazi's behaviour today was just the latest in a long line of ill discipline and indiscretions.

I believe it's vital any head coach is the highest paid football person at the club including the players. We need to become a professionally run outfit again and for me that means no further Albion alumni in positions of power.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2019, 11:15:44 PM »
Hegazi should be given the maximum fine possible. His first booking was for needlessly booting the ball into the stand on the stroke of half-time. He then takes out a Millwall player and just in case has going to escape a second yellow he AGAIN hammered the ball into the stand, leaving the ref no option whatsoever but to send him off. That was five minutes after he scored a comical own goal. Let himself down today. Brunt was also lucky to avoid a second yellow, numerous dodgy late challenges. The players don't have anyone in charge to organise and discipline them.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2019, 11:17:54 PM »
Hegazi should be given the maximum fine possible. His first booking was for needlessly booting the ball into the stand on the stroke of half-time. He then takes out a Millwall player and just in case has going to escape a second yellow he AGAIN hammered the ball into the stand, leaving the ref no option whatsoever but to send him off. That was five minutes after he scored a comical own goal. Let himself down today. Brunt was also lucky to avoid a second yellow, numerous dodgy late challenges. The players don't have anyone in charge to organise and discipline them.

Why Livermore didn't? It's a problem through the club, not just the players.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2019, 09:57:09 AM »
A totally unnecessary sending off yesterday. Just awful and now we lose a key player for the next game.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2019, 10:06:00 AM »
A totally unnecessary sending off yesterday. Just awful and now we lose a key player for the next game.
Hegazi has seemed a bit headless last few games, maybe he's lost interest, if so, maybe it's time to get what we can for him as part of the general clear out this summer.  In a way you can't totally blame him, revolving door managers and constant confusion instead of the "stable" prem club he signed up for.