Author Topic: THE ALBION ASSEMBLY - PLEASE READ  (Read 279394 times)

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

Re: THE ALBION ASSEMBLY - PLEASE READ
« Reply #775 on: November 13, 2018, 11:37:26 AM »
You can't legislate for stupid. And that goes to drivers and foot pedestrians.

No, but you can put safeguards in place to help protect against stupid.

for example, a few stewards along the route just to make sure fans actually stay inside the cones so traffic can actually get out or not allowing any of the car parks along that route to let cars out for 10-15 mins just to let the stadium empty out some; granted, how practical that is I have no idea but it should at least be up for some discussion.
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #776 on: November 13, 2018, 11:58:08 AM »
Given the recent incident outside the stadium where a fan was badly injured after being struck by a car just outside the cricket ground on the Birmingham Road. Perhaps pre and post match fan safety should be a discussion point at the next assembly; whenever that is.

Pre Match:
Idiotic "Parking Attendants" opposite the cricket ground on the Birmingham road do nothing whatsoever to protect the fans walking towards the ground and if anything they are happy to motion for cars to drive into the car park whilst groups of us are walking past the entrance etc. They are meant to be there to ensure the safety of both people and traffic, but at the moment they are just an accident waiting to happen.

Post Match:
That run upto the motorway (under the bridge towards cricket ground) is pretty haphazard for any foot fall going past and indeed the cars themselves at times. There are never any stewards on that stretch and the cones are useless as fans generally take up both lanes in the direction towards the motorway, which means the cars try to get around it by driving on the incorrect side of the road; Which just isn't really an acceptable option as it puts fans and other motorists at risk.

I assume you mean the parking at East End Foods?

They aren't really stewards, they're just indicating that there's parking available. It's really up to the driver to ensure it's safe to proceed.

I walk that way, & the really dangerous points are crossing Kenrick Way, & the M5 slip roads both south & north bound.

There is much less foot traffic on the bakery side of the Birmingham road & it's possible to cross safely at the traffic lights near Halfords lane. The risky bit on that side is crossing the M5 north slip road, the exit slip road is traffic light controlled.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #777 on: November 13, 2018, 12:46:17 PM »
I assume you mean the parking at East End Foods?

They aren't really stewards, they're just indicating that there's parking available. It's really up to the driver to ensure it's safe to proceed.

I walk that way, & the really dangerous points are crossing Kenrick Way, & the M5 slip roads both south & north bound.

There is much less foot traffic on the bakery side of the Birmingham road & it's possible to cross safely at the traffic lights near Halfords lane. The risky bit on that side is crossing the M5 north slip road, the exit slip road is traffic light controlled.

Agree completely. Those attendants are not in the employ of the club, and there is little they could do besides speak to East End Foods about it.

I've seen somebody get hit on the slip roads, and several near misses. It constantly surprises me that neither club nor police do anything about it (although I'm not sure what they could do tbh).

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #778 on: November 13, 2018, 01:20:49 PM »
Agree completely. Those attendants are not in the employ of the club, and there is little they could do besides speak to East End Foods about it.

I know they are not employed by the club and/or local authority, but the club can and should enquire with East End foods about it as potential endangerment to life should always come as first priority!

I've seen somebody get hit on the slip roads, and several near misses. It constantly surprises me that neither club nor police do anything about it (although I'm not sure what they could do tbh).

Further proving that the discussion should be brought up to look at options to assist local authorities with an obvious problem.  If nothing can be done about it then so be it I suppose but if it's never brought up as a topic of discussion to begin with then it won't even be thought of as a problem.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #779 on: November 13, 2018, 04:55:51 PM »
The Assembly will no doubt debate this, but the main group that will debate this are the Safety Advisory Group which included all emergency services, the club,the local council and other groups eg Supporters club.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #780 on: November 13, 2018, 04:59:52 PM »
The issue of public safety on those road crossings, Kenrick Way and the M5, is the responsibility of the police. They couldn’t care less.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #782 on: January 16, 2019, 05:38:14 PM »
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/january/albion-assembly-january-minutes/

Assembly minutes.

Cheers Kev, saw you on the Adrian Chiles drinking programme, great watch if people missed it, very honest.
Baggie in Southampton

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #783 on: January 16, 2019, 06:07:59 PM »
Cheers Kev, saw you on the Adrian Chiles drinking programme, great watch if people missed it, very honest.

There's drinking and there's drinking.  ;D :D ;) 

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #784 on: January 29, 2019, 10:42:21 PM »
I’ve mentioned on here before that my mates wife works at the albion. She’s said many many times that those who can make the decisions on issues thwart loads of ideas and projects that the club staff want to do to improve things and that the staff who want to make things better are getting fed these same lines as they’re dishing out at the assembly.
Apparently a few good people have left recently who got tired with being told: that’s not the Albion way/ that’s not how we do things here.
i would have thought that WBA now has a staff who are in the majority new faces, who are these faceless folks who are holding the club back from progressing ?!  Obviously you can't name names but can you say  how far up the heirarchy they are ?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #785 on: January 29, 2019, 11:56:54 PM »
i would have thought that WBA now has a staff who are in the majority new faces, who are these faceless folks who are holding the club back from progressing ?!  Obviously you can't name names but can you say  how far up the heirarchy they are ?
Jenkins would be one.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #786 on: March 04, 2019, 12:16:13 PM »
Next assembly meeting should only have one item on the agenda and that is the early bird season ticket offer

Any one know when it is scheduled for?

My contribution to the season ticket thread;
Just a thought but your loyalty points for buying an away ticket, or home cup game etc, are not added to your total until AFTER the game has occured so allocating points for purchasing a season ticket before the season starts seems to be a bit more than counter intuative and perhaps against their exisiting criteria or rules?

« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 12:17:56 PM by BigFrank20 »
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #787 on: March 04, 2019, 12:21:51 PM »
Next assembly meeting should only have one item on the agenda and that is the early bird season ticket offer

Any one know when it is scheduled for?

Just a thought but your loyalty points for buying an away ticket, or home cup game etc, are not added to your total until AFTER the game has occured so allocating points for purchasing a season ticket before the season starts seems to be a bit more than counter intuative and perhaps against their exisiting criteria or rules?

Details of the next meeting are as follows

Date of next meeting: Thursday, April 4

Deadline for agenda items: Thursday, March 21

The next meeting details are normally advised at the foot of the last set of meetings, as in this case

Source: https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/january/albion-assembly-january-minutes/
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

popmonkey

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #788 on: March 04, 2019, 04:53:41 PM »
I think the recent Season Ticket renewal debate has proven that the Assembly is not fit for purpose. If the club don't view this as a subject for interaction with the fans, then I'm not sure what they do view as important.

Fans should be consulted when decisions are made that affect them, I get that there are times where the club's wishes don't line up with those of the fanbase, but if you're going to push the "Albion Family" line all season, you need to act accordingly. Fans don't give up their time just to complain about the PA system, the rubbish bins around the ground and the puddles on on the Brummie Road.
Going down the Brummie Road... To see the Albion Aces!

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #789 on: March 04, 2019, 05:04:03 PM »
I think they said the tannoy was working fine last time so that's interaction we tell them it's dire they get someone to say it's ok job done

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #790 on: March 05, 2019, 09:01:45 AM »

The loyalty points for season ticket renewal thing is not as big of a problem as is being made out for the rest of the standard season due to the way they release the loyalty brackets and to AST's first etc in most instances. Any loyalty points that I accrue are always assigned the moment I buy the ticket, not after the event, so not sure where you are getting that information from?

BUT I do see it being a problem going into post season if we are in the Play Offs as; for the moment; they have said that the AST is only valid up until the Derby game and not beyond that - that is the main problem and can see why people are salty about it. Fix that and there won't be a problem.

Also looks like they've taken a weird decision to put all seats on general sale after April 30th? The mind boggles at that one. Simple solution is say "sorry, our bad, we can put it back to the usual date, you just lose Early Bird price after that point"

I think they said the tannoy was working fine last time so that's interaction we tell them it's dire they get someone to say it's ok job done

Them saying it doesn't make it true, tannoy in Brummy road is still awful, no point in them talking during cap presentations at all, can't hear a word.

I was more interested in the safety aspect that was completely glossed over on the last assembly where the "attendants" leading folks into the car park at the east end place (and the other company next to them) are just an accident waiting to happen. They quite blatantly wave cars in no matter how many fans are walking past at the time. There have already been several minor incidents and near misses. Complete Joke that it was almost completely dismissed last time as "not our problem"
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 09:20:19 AM by Dan87uk »

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #791 on: March 05, 2019, 10:16:59 AM »
Any loyalty points that I accrue are always assigned the moment I buy the ticket, not after the event, so not sure where you are getting that information from?

Them saying it doesn't make it true, tannoy in Brummy road is still awful, no point in them talking during cap presentations at all, can't hear a word.

I was more interested in the safety aspect that was completely glossed over on the last assembly where the "attendants" leading folks into the car park at the east end place (and the other company next to them) are just an accident waiting to happen. They quite blatantly wave cars in no matter how many fans are walking past at the time. There have already been several minor incidents and near misses. Complete Joke that it was almost completely dismissed last time as "not our problem"
I was getting 'twitchy' about my points allocation for the Villa game and emailed the ticket office who said points were only allocated after the fact.
Sent: 01 February 2019 13:12
To: Frank
Subject: RE: Loyalty points error?

Dear Frank,

You have 1585 with 15 more to go after we have played Brighton and Stoke.

Kind regards,

Tannoy in the Smethwick is equally as bad, did notice having arrived very early for a game recently that it gets worse as the ground fills up. Possibly something do with the general hubub of people chatting or even that the empty stadium amplifies the sounds but when full of bodies they absorb the sound in some way. How much do you want to bet it gets 'tested' in an empty stadium?

Car park attendants at the official car park in Halfords lane near where the railway walkway empties out are equally guilty of blithly waving cars in as people are walking past especially the closer to KO it gets the more both motorists and pedestrians are only focused on 'getting in'
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 10:20:23 AM by BigFrank20 »

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #792 on: March 29, 2019, 10:31:04 AM »
Next meeting April 4th so get your points across soon

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #793 on: March 29, 2019, 05:09:02 PM »
Trialling a different train queuing system tonight apparently, plus additional trains laid on apparently. Shows it can be done

rajesh-wba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #794 on: March 29, 2019, 11:58:30 PM »
If anyone on here is part of the Assembly, it should be put forward if the club could have the PA announcer (Richie Anderson)  on a permanent basis. He  was superb. Think it makes a massive difference. The loudspeaker all of a sudden seemed louder. I think the chap who generally does it (Hurst) is decent but you can tell Richie is an albion fan and his enthusiasm and passion was delivered wonderfully. Thought Richie in particular pumped the crowd up.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #795 on: March 30, 2019, 12:01:59 AM »
If anyone on here is part of the Assembly, it should be put forward if the club could have the PA announcer (Richie Anderson)  on a permanent basis. He  was superb. Think it makes a massive difference. The loudspeaker all of a sudden seemed louder. I think the chap who generally does it (Hurst) is decent but you can tell Richie is an albion fan and his enthusiasm and passion was delivered wonderfully. Thought Richie in particular pumped the crowd up.

Personally think the ‘Robson kanuuuuuuuuu’ was very embarrassing but agree the sound quality all seemed better tonight. No cap presentations though?

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #796 on: March 30, 2019, 12:09:46 AM »
Each to their I guess, personally thought he was poor, borderline embarrassing with the over emphasising of player names etc, however got to hand it to him he’s a fan and clearly passionate.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #797 on: March 30, 2019, 12:12:53 AM »
Richie is a good lad, known him way back.

It used to be a case of not being able to hear the tannoy thing, now it's so loud I couldn't hear the bloke next to me when he was speaking to me.

Someone get them to turn the damn thing down just a little bit, please!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #798 on: March 30, 2019, 12:15:00 AM »
Personally think the ‘Robson kanuuuuuuuuu’ was very embarrassing but agree the sound quality all seemed better tonight. No cap presentations though?

There was Paul Mardon but it was done before kick off tonight for some reason.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #799 on: March 30, 2019, 12:25:18 AM »
I have to be honest and thought it was awful and somewhat over the top the