Author Topic: Harvey Barnes (recalled to Leicester)  (Read 163386 times)

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

Re: Harvey Barnes (on loan from Leicester)
« Reply #350 on: December 15, 2018, 12:17:46 AM »
The kid is unfinished and makes mistakes.  He drifts in and out but he does the kind of magic that others cannot.  Enjoy those moments while you can.

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #351 on: December 16, 2018, 02:37:43 PM »
The kid is unfinished and makes mistakes.  He drifts in and out but he does the kind of magic that others cannot.  Enjoy those moments while you can.

He's why I'm in love with the Albion again. Such a joy after the Pulis wilderness years. We should break the bank to try and keep him.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #352 on: December 16, 2018, 02:44:21 PM »
All I want for christmas is a Harvey Barnes loan extension.

He's on a season long loan so no need for an extension..unless you meant you want him on loan next season too?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #353 on: December 16, 2018, 09:13:58 PM »
He's on a season long loan so no need for an extension..unless you meant you want him on loan next season too?
Leicester can recall him in January

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #354 on: January 01, 2019, 03:13:45 PM »
According to ian stringer (a leicester football journalist) claude puel has just said they are recalling harvey barnes back from albion.

S**t start to the new year!

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #355 on: January 01, 2019, 03:17:13 PM »
According to ian stringer (a leicester football journalist) claude puel has just said they are recalling harvey barnes back from albion.

Huge blow if true

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #356 on: January 01, 2019, 03:20:41 PM »

His tweets generally are not especially informed or particularly reliable.

I am hoping so anyway...
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #357 on: January 01, 2019, 03:21:55 PM »
Lets just hope Dowling and Moore have got their heads together and planned for this eventuality. It was always looking likely with his form. We might actually have to spend some money to replace him!  :o

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #358 on: January 01, 2019, 03:44:42 PM »
According to the bbc leicester quotes he actually said they are looking at recalling some of their younger players and when asked if harvey barnes was one he said ‘we will see’

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #359 on: January 01, 2019, 03:52:18 PM »
According to the bbc leicester quotes he actually said they are looking at recalling some of their younger players and when asked if harvey barnes was one he said ‘we will see’

That could mean they want commitments from Albion, players in himself or talks with Harvey.
No need for pant wetting yet.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #360 on: January 01, 2019, 03:53:04 PM »

I guessed this was what was said. He's not likely to volunteer the information and if asked (as he was) then he's more than likely going to sit on the fence with his answer.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #361 on: January 01, 2019, 03:57:34 PM »
Leicester had Demari Gray on the bench today if Barnes goes back he’s not getting many first team opportunities. I’d hope Barnes turns around and says he’s only going back if he’s garantuee’d first team minute’s if he’s not then to keep him here for the remainder of the season.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #362 on: January 01, 2019, 04:04:28 PM »
Problem is he's not our player so unless we demand a season long loan with no call back parent club can do what they like. Was a gamble that has paid of for us but as we know Jenkins probably wanted the protection of their recall or us being able to send him back early.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #363 on: January 01, 2019, 04:08:43 PM »
Barnes is unlikely to get a say. It is a strange decision by Leicester, seeing as they have so many options in the squad already. Last season Puel did this to Barnsley, and then gave Barnes 3 sub appearances in the secons half of the season. From what I've heard about Puel, his play is very regimented, however Barnes at Albion has a free role. I can't see him getting many more games this season if he goes back.

Still, we knew it was likely a few months ago so we should have a replacement lined up. It isn't easy, but they are out there. We need Dowling to prove his worth now, else our top two hunt is going to tail off.
Boing Boing

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #364 on: January 01, 2019, 05:04:14 PM »
Barnes is unlikely to get a say. It is a strange decision by Leicester, seeing as they have so many options in the squad already. Last season Puel did this to Barnsley, and then gave Barnes 3 sub appearances in the secons half of the season. From what I've heard about Puel, his play is very regimented, however Barnes at Albion has a free role. I can't see him getting many more games this season if he goes back.

Still, we knew it was likely a few months ago so we should have a replacement lined up. It isn't easy, but they are out there. We need Dowling to prove his worth now, else our top two hunt is going to tail off.
Can't see us getting anyone to match the impact of Harvey, we may as well persevere with Kyle Edwards and develop our own .
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #365 on: January 01, 2019, 05:15:17 PM »
The actual quote from Puel was "We'll see" well no surprise there he has 4 or 5 games to go before he gets to the end of January and while his squad looks fine now by the end of the month it could look very different.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #366 on: January 01, 2019, 07:27:30 PM »
They may not want him back for their own use. It could be Leeds trying to prise him away from us , but more likely a Premier club.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #367 on: January 01, 2019, 07:58:00 PM »
They may not want him back for their own use. It could be Leeds trying to prise him away from us , but more likely a Premier club.
Could be nothing
Could be themseriously thinking he could fit in their team
Could be them about to sell Maddison
Could be them posturing because they want one of our players (Dawson/Gibbs/Phillips) so looking for leverage
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #368 on: January 02, 2019, 09:17:29 AM »
I just don't get what the point is, he's building massive confidence, improving every week and one of the first names on the teamsheet here. I don't think he's ready for the Prem just yet, all that's going to happen if he's recalled is he'll get a few sub appearances then drift back into being a benchwarmer/reserves player when he doesn't set the world alight (which i assume Claude thinks hes going to do). It's not like they're in a relegation battle or challenging for something, its just another heads above water season for them. Hopefully Harvey himself would rather stay here too, he seems like he's loving his football.

Stupid decision if true

In an ideal world, if he did go back then I would hope he didn't get much game time, and if we were able to secure promotion, it would put us in a strong position to get him back in the summer.

That would be the 2nd season in a row they have called him back and not used him, he's enjoying his football here and doesn't have any pressure on him.

He's the first player we have had here in a long time that when he picks the ball up, I get excited that he will make something happen.

Our penalty against Blackburn came from him picking the ball up and being direct, running into 3 Blackburn players, we don't have many players who have the confidence to do that.

That being said, I expect him to still be here till the end of the season.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #369 on: January 05, 2019, 11:36:39 AM »
His recall would depend I imagine on the incomings or outgoings at Leicester.
I'm not sure if they have the option to recall him at any time up to the deadline or if they have to give us 'notice'
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #370 on: January 06, 2019, 06:53:15 PM »
Leicester going out the cup must be good thing for us, as their squad is not going to suffer from extra games.

I think Puel's upturn in results in the prem will save him from the boot, despite the Newport (congrats to them BTW) humiliation.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #371 on: January 06, 2019, 07:25:43 PM »
Leicester going out the cup must be good thing for us, as their squad is not going to suffer from extra games.

I think Puel's upturn in results in the prem will save him from the boot, despite the Newport (congrats to them BTW) humiliation.

I'm thinking the opposite, apart from James Maddison, I think Barnes is better than any Leicester attacking player on show tonight.
Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him recalled.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

ttree30

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #372 on: January 06, 2019, 08:53:30 PM »
I'm thinking the opposite, apart from James Maddison, I think Barnes is better than any Leicester attacking player on show tonight.
Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him recalled.

Tend to agree it was a bad result for us. If that's the best their fringe players can do Puel may feel there's a lot more to lose for him by not recalling Barnes.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #373 on: January 06, 2019, 09:22:09 PM »
A Sad state of affairs really that after all those years in the prem we are worried if Leicester recall one of their youth players.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 12:50:49 AM by BalisPen »

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #374 on: January 06, 2019, 09:35:18 PM »
The result this afternoon can only be a negative I would have thought. Ignoring the fact that it is more likely Puel's system that caused them creative issues, and that there have been a run of cup shocks this weekend (I always believe that once a few names drop, others gain more confidence), Puel and the Leicester hierarchy will now panic and decide they don't have enough creativity in reserve.

I don't think Barnes will actually get that much game time under Puel as he would have to play on the wing where he is a bit quieter, plus he will have to be more defensive and disciplined so he won't shine as bright. Would be good for England if he did do well though.

I'm sure we are planning a replacement, but this is going to be the first real test of Dowling. Having been at a similar placed rival before coming to us, i'm expecting Dowling to be well placed to have some good ideas in who we bring in. Maybe there is somebody like Eddie Nketiah available?
Boing Boing